We are a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 kids aged 8 and 10. We are thinking about touring Europe for two months from mid April 2014 till mid June 2014.
What would be a ballpark estimate (in USD or Euro) for this trip excluding the airfare to reach Europe ? We are open to either taking the train or driving inside Europe depending on the cost difference between a rental car and train. We want to do the major spots in 7 to 8 countries like France, Italy, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Venice.
We can stay in rental apartments with cooking facility to save on eating outside by cooking the evening meal.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 2 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 3 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 4 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 5 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 6 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 7 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 8 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 9 Germany in December Trip Report
- 10 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 11 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 12 Paris: Best (or Worst) Apartment Rental Companies
- 13 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 14 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 15 Norway Self-Drive - Winter 2017
- 16 French restaurants
- 17 Azores in February
- 18 Trains in Alps and UK
- 19 Scotland Trip
- 20 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 21 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 22 Lisbon trip report
- 23 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 24 Ireland in April
- 25 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland