We are a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 kids aged 8 and 10. We are thinking about touring Europe for two months from mid April 2014 till mid June 2014.
What would be a ballpark estimate (in USD or Euro) for this trip excluding the airfare to reach Europe ? We are open to either taking the train or driving inside Europe depending on the cost difference between a rental car and train. We want to do the major spots in 7 to 8 countries like France, Italy, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Venice.
We can stay in rental apartments with cooking facility to save on eating outside by cooking the evening meal.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vet my itinerary
- 2 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 3 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 4 Paris - Rome
- 5 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 6 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 7 Planning a trip to Turkey
- 8 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 9 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 10 Antiques shopping Rome
- 11 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 12 8 days in switzerland
- 13 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 14 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 15 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 16 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 17 12 Days in Italy
- 18 Health insurance coverage
- 19 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 20 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 21 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 22 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 23 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 24 Family vacay in Europe
- 25 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!