I will be visiting Sagrada Familia in early September. Are there any rules regarding appropriate attire? I read somewhere that there is a "no bare shoulders" rule (ie, no tank tops/spaghetti straps) at Sagrada Familia, but I'm not sure whether that information is correct. Also, are there any rules regarding length of skirt or shorts? If you have visited Sagrada Familia, please let me know what attire is considered appropriate/inappropriate, as I do not want to be turned away.
I visited the Vatican in 2004 and I remember that they were pretty strict about the dress code (ie, no bare shoulders) so I'm just trying to figure out whether similar policies are followed in Barcelona.
I will also be visiting several other churches during this trip to Barcelona: Catedral de la Seu in the Gothic Quarter, Santa Maria del Mar Basilica, and the Basilica in Montserrat. If you have any information on whether there are rules regarding attire in these churches as well, it would be much appreciated!
I was initially planning on packing tank tops and a spaghetti-strap sundress for my trip to Barcelona because I expect the weather to be pretty warm. However, if I need to pack more modest attire for visiting the churches please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 2 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 5 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 6 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 7 English Countryside
- 8 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 9 Granada to Madrid
- 10 Where to buy Saffron?
- 11 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 12 Barcelona cooking classes
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 15 1st time in ZURICH
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 18 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 19 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 20 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 21 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 22 If you had to choose one......
- 23 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 24 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 25 Cognac transportation?