I will be visiting Sagrada Familia in early September. Are there any rules regarding appropriate attire? I read somewhere that there is a "no bare shoulders" rule (ie, no tank tops/spaghetti straps) at Sagrada Familia, but I'm not sure whether that information is correct. Also, are there any rules regarding length of skirt or shorts? If you have visited Sagrada Familia, please let me know what attire is considered appropriate/inappropriate, as I do not want to be turned away.
I visited the Vatican in 2004 and I remember that they were pretty strict about the dress code (ie, no bare shoulders) so I'm just trying to figure out whether similar policies are followed in Barcelona.
I will also be visiting several other churches during this trip to Barcelona: Catedral de la Seu in the Gothic Quarter, Santa Maria del Mar Basilica, and the Basilica in Montserrat. If you have any information on whether there are rules regarding attire in these churches as well, it would be much appreciated!
I was initially planning on packing tank tops and a spaghetti-strap sundress for my trip to Barcelona because I expect the weather to be pretty warm. However, if I need to pack more modest attire for visiting the churches please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 2 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 3 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 4 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 5 Venice
- 6 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 7 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 8 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 9 London 2For1 question
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 11 Fastest travel from Malpensa to Port of Genoa
- 12 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 13 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 14 7 days in Greece
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 17 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 18 Another Book List for Italy
- 19 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 20 Last night in Sweden
- 21 Best Itinerary for 15 Days?
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 24 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 25 charming cities in Spain