I will be visiting Sagrada Familia in early September. Are there any rules regarding appropriate attire? I read somewhere that there is a "no bare shoulders" rule (ie, no tank tops/spaghetti straps) at Sagrada Familia, but I'm not sure whether that information is correct. Also, are there any rules regarding length of skirt or shorts? If you have visited Sagrada Familia, please let me know what attire is considered appropriate/inappropriate, as I do not want to be turned away.
I visited the Vatican in 2004 and I remember that they were pretty strict about the dress code (ie, no bare shoulders) so I'm just trying to figure out whether similar policies are followed in Barcelona.
I will also be visiting several other churches during this trip to Barcelona: Catedral de la Seu in the Gothic Quarter, Santa Maria del Mar Basilica, and the Basilica in Montserrat. If you have any information on whether there are rules regarding attire in these churches as well, it would be much appreciated!
I was initially planning on packing tank tops and a spaghetti-strap sundress for my trip to Barcelona because I expect the weather to be pretty warm. However, if I need to pack more modest attire for visiting the churches please let me know.
Appropriate Hot-Weather Attire for Sagrada Familia
- 1 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 2 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 3 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 4 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 5 Paris Itinerary Advice - September 2013
- 6 Northern Italy
- 7 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 8 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 9 Left Luggage in Brighton, UK
- 10 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 11 Best Time of Day to Tour Windsor Castle
- 12 Prague Itinerary
- 13 Moving to Spain
- 14 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 15 Drive Rome Florence
- 16 Trip to Norway- suggestions for itinerary?
- 17 Tierentyne mustard on a Sunday
- 18 3 week trip Western Turkey
- 19 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 20 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 21 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 22 Need some help credit card for hotels in italy
- 23 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 24 Turkey - through the back doors of Truckstops and Business Hotels...
- 25 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square