I will be visiting Sagrada Familia in early September. Are there any rules regarding appropriate attire? I read somewhere that there is a "no bare shoulders" rule (ie, no tank tops/spaghetti straps) at Sagrada Familia, but I'm not sure whether that information is correct. Also, are there any rules regarding length of skirt or shorts? If you have visited Sagrada Familia, please let me know what attire is considered appropriate/inappropriate, as I do not want to be turned away.
I visited the Vatican in 2004 and I remember that they were pretty strict about the dress code (ie, no bare shoulders) so I'm just trying to figure out whether similar policies are followed in Barcelona.
I will also be visiting several other churches during this trip to Barcelona: Catedral de la Seu in the Gothic Quarter, Santa Maria del Mar Basilica, and the Basilica in Montserrat. If you have any information on whether there are rules regarding attire in these churches as well, it would be much appreciated!
I was initially planning on packing tank tops and a spaghetti-strap sundress for my trip to Barcelona because I expect the weather to be pretty warm. However, if I need to pack more modest attire for visiting the churches please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 2 2 days in Florence
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 7 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 8 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 9 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 10 base for Andalucia
- 11 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 14 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 15 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 16 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 17 Windsor Castle
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 24 4 nights in Sardinia
- 25 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?