I will be visiting Sagrada Familia in early September. Are there any rules regarding appropriate attire? I read somewhere that there is a "no bare shoulders" rule (ie, no tank tops/spaghetti straps) at Sagrada Familia, but I'm not sure whether that information is correct. Also, are there any rules regarding length of skirt or shorts? If you have visited Sagrada Familia, please let me know what attire is considered appropriate/inappropriate, as I do not want to be turned away.
I visited the Vatican in 2004 and I remember that they were pretty strict about the dress code (ie, no bare shoulders) so I'm just trying to figure out whether similar policies are followed in Barcelona.
I will also be visiting several other churches during this trip to Barcelona: Catedral de la Seu in the Gothic Quarter, Santa Maria del Mar Basilica, and the Basilica in Montserrat. If you have any information on whether there are rules regarding attire in these churches as well, it would be much appreciated!
I was initially planning on packing tank tops and a spaghetti-strap sundress for my trip to Barcelona because I expect the weather to be pretty warm. However, if I need to pack more modest attire for visiting the churches please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 5 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 6 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 7 Versailles
- 8 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 11 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 12 Germany train help!
- 13 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 14 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 15 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Acorn TV
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 20 Sicily
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 25 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016