I will be visiting Sagrada Familia in early September. Are there any rules regarding appropriate attire? I read somewhere that there is a "no bare shoulders" rule (ie, no tank tops/spaghetti straps) at Sagrada Familia, but I'm not sure whether that information is correct. Also, are there any rules regarding length of skirt or shorts? If you have visited Sagrada Familia, please let me know what attire is considered appropriate/inappropriate, as I do not want to be turned away.
I visited the Vatican in 2004 and I remember that they were pretty strict about the dress code (ie, no bare shoulders) so I'm just trying to figure out whether similar policies are followed in Barcelona.
I will also be visiting several other churches during this trip to Barcelona: Catedral de la Seu in the Gothic Quarter, Santa Maria del Mar Basilica, and the Basilica in Montserrat. If you have any information on whether there are rules regarding attire in these churches as well, it would be much appreciated!
I was initially planning on packing tank tops and a spaghetti-strap sundress for my trip to Barcelona because I expect the weather to be pretty warm. However, if I need to pack more modest attire for visiting the churches please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 6 Pay attention to your watches !
- 7 9 Days in Spain
- 8 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 9 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 10 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 11 Iceland early december visit
- 12 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 13 Zurich to Milan trip
- 14 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 15 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 16 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 17 Italy Car Scam
- 18 Quizz !
- 19 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 20 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 21 car insurance italy
- 22 Christmas Day in Granada
- 23 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 24 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 25 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?