We are 2 adults and a 2.5 year old who are planning a trip to Switzerland - Austria Early August. We are doing an open jaw - flying into Zurich flying out of Vienna .Below is my tentative itinerary.
Jul 31 – Arrive in Zurich o/n at Zurich Airport
Aug 1 – Check out and head to Lucerne - arrive mid day – check in – o/n Lucerne
Aug 2 – sight seeing around Lucerne – o/n Lucerne
Aug 3 – Check out of Lucerne and take the golden pass to Interlaken – proceed to Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 4 - Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 5 – Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 6 – Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 7 – Check out and proceed to Interlaken - Zurich – Take the train to Salzburg – o/n salzburg
Aug 8 – Sight seeing at Salzburg – o/n salzburg
Aug 9 - Check out and take the train to Vienna – o/n Vienna
Aug 10 – check out and proceed to Vienna – o/n Vienna
Aug 11 – Sight seeing Venice – o/n Vienna
Aug 12 – Check out and fly back to DXB
1. Which swiss pass to take - I will only do the Lucerne to Interlaken bit of the Golden Pass. Am confused between the Half Fare card or Swiss Saver (as we will always be travelling together). Should i get the Swiss - Austria pass instead as am travelling both the countries - but the dilemma is that this pass wont include the gondolas/ trams etc ?
2. Also I would like to know which is the fastest way to get to Salzburg from Wengen.
3. On Aug 1 I understand its a public holiday - anything tht I should be aware of ?
Appreciate your expertise in making this trip - Swiss - Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 4 French open
- 5 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 6 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 7 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 8 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 9 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 10 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 11 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 12 England and Scotland
- 13 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 14 Air pollution in Paris
- 15 tulips in the Netherland
- 16 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 17 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 18 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 19 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 20 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 21 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 22 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 23 Azores
- 24 Azores
- 25 San Marino - The world's smallest country