We are 2 adults and a 2.5 year old who are planning a trip to Switzerland - Austria Early August. We are doing an open jaw - flying into Zurich flying out of Vienna .Below is my tentative itinerary.
Jul 31 – Arrive in Zurich o/n at Zurich Airport
Aug 1 – Check out and head to Lucerne - arrive mid day – check in – o/n Lucerne
Aug 2 – sight seeing around Lucerne – o/n Lucerne
Aug 3 – Check out of Lucerne and take the golden pass to Interlaken – proceed to Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 4 - Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 5 – Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 6 – Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 7 – Check out and proceed to Interlaken - Zurich – Take the train to Salzburg – o/n salzburg
Aug 8 – Sight seeing at Salzburg – o/n salzburg
Aug 9 - Check out and take the train to Vienna – o/n Vienna
Aug 10 – check out and proceed to Vienna – o/n Vienna
Aug 11 – Sight seeing Venice – o/n Vienna
Aug 12 – Check out and fly back to DXB
1. Which swiss pass to take - I will only do the Lucerne to Interlaken bit of the Golden Pass. Am confused between the Half Fare card or Swiss Saver (as we will always be travelling together). Should i get the Swiss - Austria pass instead as am travelling both the countries - but the dilemma is that this pass wont include the gondolas/ trams etc ?
2. Also I would like to know which is the fastest way to get to Salzburg from Wengen.
3. On Aug 1 I understand its a public holiday - anything tht I should be aware of ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Cooking Secrets
- 2 Get Ultimate Fun with England Escorts in the Bedroom
- 3 Travel vs. Babies
- 4 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 5 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 6 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 7 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 8 Italy - rental car damages query
- 9 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 10 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 11 Flights between Rome, Paris, London- I have questions!
- 12 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 13 20 Days in Europe
- 14 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 15 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 16 Farmhouse stay in Ireland?
- 17 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 18 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 19 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 20 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 21 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 22 Verona and Lake Garda
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 25 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
Appreciate your expertise in making this trip - Swiss - Austria