We are 2 adults and a 2.5 year old who are planning a trip to Switzerland - Austria Early August. We are doing an open jaw - flying into Zurich flying out of Vienna .Below is my tentative itinerary.
Jul 31 – Arrive in Zurich o/n at Zurich Airport
Aug 1 – Check out and head to Lucerne - arrive mid day – check in – o/n Lucerne
Aug 2 – sight seeing around Lucerne – o/n Lucerne
Aug 3 – Check out of Lucerne and take the golden pass to Interlaken – proceed to Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 4 - Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 5 – Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 6 – Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 7 – Check out and proceed to Interlaken - Zurich – Take the train to Salzburg – o/n salzburg
Aug 8 – Sight seeing at Salzburg – o/n salzburg
Aug 9 - Check out and take the train to Vienna – o/n Vienna
Aug 10 – check out and proceed to Vienna – o/n Vienna
Aug 11 – Sight seeing Venice – o/n Vienna
Aug 12 – Check out and fly back to DXB
1. Which swiss pass to take - I will only do the Lucerne to Interlaken bit of the Golden Pass. Am confused between the Half Fare card or Swiss Saver (as we will always be travelling together). Should i get the Swiss - Austria pass instead as am travelling both the countries - but the dilemma is that this pass wont include the gondolas/ trams etc ?
2. Also I would like to know which is the fastest way to get to Salzburg from Wengen.
3. On Aug 1 I understand its a public holiday - anything tht I should be aware of ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days to spend in europe
- 2 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 3 Drinks in Spain
- 4 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 5 12 days europe
- 6 Beaches in Southern France
- 7 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 8 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 9 Norfolk base
- 10 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 11 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 12 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 13 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 14 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 15 Spain Itinerary Help
- 16 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 17 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 18 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 19 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 20 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 21 Ali
- 22 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 23 Gelato course in Rome?
- 24 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 25 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
Appreciate your expertise in making this trip - Swiss - Austria