We are 2 adults and a 2.5 year old who are planning a trip to Switzerland - Austria Early August. We are doing an open jaw - flying into Zurich flying out of Vienna .Below is my tentative itinerary.
Jul 31 – Arrive in Zurich o/n at Zurich Airport
Aug 1 – Check out and head to Lucerne - arrive mid day – check in – o/n Lucerne
Aug 2 – sight seeing around Lucerne – o/n Lucerne
Aug 3 – Check out of Lucerne and take the golden pass to Interlaken – proceed to Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 4 - Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 5 – Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 6 – Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 7 – Check out and proceed to Interlaken - Zurich – Take the train to Salzburg – o/n salzburg
Aug 8 – Sight seeing at Salzburg – o/n salzburg
Aug 9 - Check out and take the train to Vienna – o/n Vienna
Aug 10 – check out and proceed to Vienna – o/n Vienna
Aug 11 – Sight seeing Venice – o/n Vienna
Aug 12 – Check out and fly back to DXB
1. Which swiss pass to take - I will only do the Lucerne to Interlaken bit of the Golden Pass. Am confused between the Half Fare card or Swiss Saver (as we will always be travelling together). Should i get the Swiss - Austria pass instead as am travelling both the countries - but the dilemma is that this pass wont include the gondolas/ trams etc ?
2. Also I would like to know which is the fastest way to get to Salzburg from Wengen.
3. On Aug 1 I understand its a public holiday - anything tht I should be aware of ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For those who act rapidly you might
- 2 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 5 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 6 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 7 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 8 Best testosterone booster
- 9 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 10 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 11 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 12 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 13 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 14 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 15 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 16 Le Marche, Italy
- 17 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 18 Ballet Bolshoi
- 19 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 20 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 21 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 22 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 23 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 24 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 25 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
Appreciate your expertise in making this trip - Swiss - Austria