We are 2 adults and a 2.5 year old who are planning a trip to Switzerland - Austria Early August. We are doing an open jaw - flying into Zurich flying out of Vienna .Below is my tentative itinerary.
Jul 31 – Arrive in Zurich o/n at Zurich Airport
Aug 1 – Check out and head to Lucerne - arrive mid day – check in – o/n Lucerne
Aug 2 – sight seeing around Lucerne – o/n Lucerne
Aug 3 – Check out of Lucerne and take the golden pass to Interlaken – proceed to Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 4 - Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 5 – Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 6 – Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 7 – Check out and proceed to Interlaken - Zurich – Take the train to Salzburg – o/n salzburg
Aug 8 – Sight seeing at Salzburg – o/n salzburg
Aug 9 - Check out and take the train to Vienna – o/n Vienna
Aug 10 – check out and proceed to Vienna – o/n Vienna
Aug 11 – Sight seeing Venice – o/n Vienna
Aug 12 – Check out and fly back to DXB
1. Which swiss pass to take - I will only do the Lucerne to Interlaken bit of the Golden Pass. Am confused between the Half Fare card or Swiss Saver (as we will always be travelling together). Should i get the Swiss - Austria pass instead as am travelling both the countries - but the dilemma is that this pass wont include the gondolas/ trams etc ?
2. Also I would like to know which is the fastest way to get to Salzburg from Wengen.
3. On Aug 1 I understand its a public holiday - anything tht I should be aware of ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 4 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 5 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 6 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 7 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 8 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 dinner jackets
- 11 2 weeks Europe trip
- 12 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 13 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 14 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 15 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 16 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 17 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 18 Car rental in Paris for travel to Bayeux
- 19 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 22 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 23 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 24 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 25 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
Appreciate your expertise in making this trip - Swiss - Austria