We are 2 adults and a 2.5 year old who are planning a trip to Switzerland - Austria Early August. We are doing an open jaw - flying into Zurich flying out of Vienna .Below is my tentative itinerary.
Jul 31 – Arrive in Zurich o/n at Zurich Airport
Aug 1 – Check out and head to Lucerne - arrive mid day – check in – o/n Lucerne
Aug 2 – sight seeing around Lucerne – o/n Lucerne
Aug 3 – Check out of Lucerne and take the golden pass to Interlaken – proceed to Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 4 - Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 5 – Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 6 – Day trips from Wengen – o/n Wengen
Aug 7 – Check out and proceed to Interlaken - Zurich – Take the train to Salzburg – o/n salzburg
Aug 8 – Sight seeing at Salzburg – o/n salzburg
Aug 9 - Check out and take the train to Vienna – o/n Vienna
Aug 10 – check out and proceed to Vienna – o/n Vienna
Aug 11 – Sight seeing Venice – o/n Vienna
Aug 12 – Check out and fly back to DXB
1. Which swiss pass to take - I will only do the Lucerne to Interlaken bit of the Golden Pass. Am confused between the Half Fare card or Swiss Saver (as we will always be travelling together). Should i get the Swiss - Austria pass instead as am travelling both the countries - but the dilemma is that this pass wont include the gondolas/ trams etc ?
2. Also I would like to know which is the fastest way to get to Salzburg from Wengen.
3. On Aug 1 I understand its a public holiday - anything tht I should be aware of ?
Appreciate your expertise in making this trip - Swiss - Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 scotland trave;
- 2 Paris Art Galleries
- 3 Nuremberg on a Business Trip
- 4 Paris Bastille Day
- 5 car rental agency
- 6 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 7 Driver/Car Transfer from Pisa to Cinque Terre
- 8 3 Full Days in Paris... What are the must sees?
- 9 Amsterdam Hotel or B&B Recommendation
- 10 Amsterdam... Hotel recommendations and must sees
- 11 Croatia help
- 12 River Cruise
- 13 Accommodation
- 14 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 15 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 16 Stockholmsmässan Exhibition and Convention Center to nearest airport
- 17 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 18 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 19 Underground Ticket Office Closures---Effects Yet?
- 20 Is Greece cheaper to visit then Italy and France??
- 21 Place to drop off car South of Siena, Italy
- 22 Southwest Ireland - 3 Nights
- 23 Airb2b in Paris
- 24 Andalucia itinerary help
- 25 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?