My husband and I will be in this area the last 4 nights of 1 month in Switzerland. Rick Steves encourages Appenzell, but sometimes his choices are a bit too tiny and touristy for our liking (We preferred Lauterbrunnen to Gimmelwald - although I know Lauterbrunnen is full of tourists!!). We love hiking, good food, and local culture. For this area, where would you recommend 4 nights??
Appenzell area in June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Banning Fodors
- 2 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 3 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 4 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 5 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 6 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 7 Eiffel tower tickets
- 8 Rome---August and September
- 9 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 12 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 13 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 14 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 15 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 16 4-6 weeks
- 17 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 18 France, Italy and Greec
- 19 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 20 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 21 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 22 South of France November Trip Report
- 23 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 24 Clearsky Holidays
- 25 Zurich to Basel transfer