My husband and I will be in this area the last 4 nights of 1 month in Switzerland. Rick Steves encourages Appenzell, but sometimes his choices are a bit too tiny and touristy for our liking (We preferred Lauterbrunnen to Gimmelwald - although I know Lauterbrunnen is full of tourists!!). We love hiking, good food, and local culture. For this area, where would you recommend 4 nights??
Appenzell area in June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Halloween in Paris
- 2 Weekend in Norfolk
- 3 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 4 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 5 Cotswold Churches
- 6 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 7 chrismas in rome
- 8 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 9 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 10 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 11 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 12 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 13 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 14 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 15 I dream of Europe
- 16 10-12 days in Europe....leaving on 12/26.....where would you go and why?
- 17 My notes on Greece 101
- 18 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 19 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 20 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 21 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 22 how long in Malta?
- 23 planning a trip to Europe next year!
- 24 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 25 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris