My head is spinning reading this. It's hard to imagine how anyone could get so many facts wrong in so few words. Market days incorrect, place names misspelled, incorrect info about getting tickets to Lascaux, totally false info about the young man who discovered Lascaux, complete confusion between the Dordogne and Vézère rivers...I could go on and on, but it's shameful that they would pay someone to "write" something like this and makes you wonder if ANY of the travel info they put out, on the website or in their guidebooks, has any value whatsoever.
Appalllingly Ill-Informed Fodors Article on the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 2 Venice; recommendations
- 3 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 4 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 5 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 8 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 9 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 10 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 11 Cosmetics from Paris. Any favorites Not Available Here?
- 12 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 13 Soccer (Football) tickets for Fiorentina game in early October
- 14 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 15 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 16 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 17 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 18 Sardinia in early May
- 19 Finistère Base
- 20 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 21 First visit to France in November
- 22 Photographer in Paris?
- 23 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 24 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 25 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy