My head is spinning reading this. It's hard to imagine how anyone could get so many facts wrong in so few words. Market days incorrect, place names misspelled, incorrect info about getting tickets to Lascaux, totally false info about the young man who discovered Lascaux, complete confusion between the Dordogne and Vézère rivers...I could go on and on, but it's shameful that they would pay someone to "write" something like this and makes you wonder if ANY of the travel info they put out, on the website or in their guidebooks, has any value whatsoever.
Appalllingly Ill-Informed Fodors Article on the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland or Scotland
- 2 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 3 Autumn in Paris
- 4 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 5 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 6 Cotswold Churches
- 7 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 8 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 9 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 10 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 11 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 12 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 13 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 14 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 15 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 16 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 17 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 18 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 19 London Trip Travel
- 20 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 21 I dream of Europe
- 22 Weekend in Norfolk
- 23 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 24 St Germain
- 25 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary