My head is spinning reading this. It's hard to imagine how anyone could get so many facts wrong in so few words. Market days incorrect, place names misspelled, incorrect info about getting tickets to Lascaux, totally false info about the young man who discovered Lascaux, complete confusion between the Dordogne and Vézère rivers...I could go on and on, but it's shameful that they would pay someone to "write" something like this and makes you wonder if ANY of the travel info they put out, on the website or in their guidebooks, has any value whatsoever.
Appalllingly Ill-Informed Fodors Article on the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 2 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 3 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 Three ferries to Mull
- 6 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 7 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 8 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 9 Airport ATMs
- 10 American Express
- 11 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 12 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 13 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 14 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 15 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 16 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 17 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 18 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 19 Which european city?
- 20 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 21 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 22 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 23 All Set To Go!!
- 24 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 25 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?