My head is spinning reading this. It's hard to imagine how anyone could get so many facts wrong in so few words. Market days incorrect, place names misspelled, incorrect info about getting tickets to Lascaux, totally false info about the young man who discovered Lascaux, complete confusion between the Dordogne and Vézère rivers...I could go on and on, but it's shameful that they would pay someone to "write" something like this and makes you wonder if ANY of the travel info they put out, on the website or in their guidebooks, has any value whatsoever.
Appalllingly Ill-Informed Fodors Article on the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 2 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 3 Christmas in Munich
- 4 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 5 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 6 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 7 Moving to Belfast
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 10 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 11 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 12 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 13 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 14 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 15 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 16 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 17 Luggage sizing
- 18 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 19 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 20 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 21 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 22 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 23 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 24 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 25 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid