My head is spinning reading this. It's hard to imagine how anyone could get so many facts wrong in so few words. Market days incorrect, place names misspelled, incorrect info about getting tickets to Lascaux, totally false info about the young man who discovered Lascaux, complete confusion between the Dordogne and Vézère rivers...I could go on and on, but it's shameful that they would pay someone to "write" something like this and makes you wonder if ANY of the travel info they put out, on the website or in their guidebooks, has any value whatsoever.
Appalllingly Ill-Informed Fodors Article on the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Things to do in/around Milan
- 2 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 3 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 4 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 5 Day Trips from Paris
- 6 Ireland's west coast
- 7 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 8 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 9 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 10 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 11 South of Switzerland
- 12 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 13 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 14 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 15 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 16 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 17 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 18 Home Base in Belgium
- 19 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 20 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 21 Rocamaxour
- 22 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 23 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 24 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip