My head is spinning reading this. It's hard to imagine how anyone could get so many facts wrong in so few words. Market days incorrect, place names misspelled, incorrect info about getting tickets to Lascaux, totally false info about the young man who discovered Lascaux, complete confusion between the Dordogne and Vézère rivers...I could go on and on, but it's shameful that they would pay someone to "write" something like this and makes you wonder if ANY of the travel info they put out, on the website or in their guidebooks, has any value whatsoever.
Appalllingly Ill-Informed Fodors Article on the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 2 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 5 trip to norway
- 6 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 7 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 8 My notes on Greece 101
- 9 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 10 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 11 Where to go in France mid July?
- 12 Help with England/Wales tour
- 13 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 14 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 15 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 16 Is Venice really dirty?
- 17 Cotswold Churches
- 18 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 19 Best beach town in Italy?
- 20 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 21 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 22 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 23 Italy and Croatia
- 24 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 25 Five nights in Extremadura