My head is spinning reading this. It's hard to imagine how anyone could get so many facts wrong in so few words. Market days incorrect, place names misspelled, incorrect info about getting tickets to Lascaux, totally false info about the young man who discovered Lascaux, complete confusion between the Dordogne and Vézère rivers...I could go on and on, but it's shameful that they would pay someone to "write" something like this and makes you wonder if ANY of the travel info they put out, on the website or in their guidebooks, has any value whatsoever.
Appalllingly Ill-Informed Fodors Article on the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Air pollution in Paris
- 2 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 3 Dublin to Armagh?
- 4 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 7 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 8 Naxos in May
- 9 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 10 England and Scotland
- 11 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 12 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 13 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 14 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 15 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 18 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 19 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 20 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 21 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 22 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 23 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 24 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 25 France, Italy and Greec