My head is spinning reading this. It's hard to imagine how anyone could get so many facts wrong in so few words. Market days incorrect, place names misspelled, incorrect info about getting tickets to Lascaux, totally false info about the young man who discovered Lascaux, complete confusion between the Dordogne and Vézère rivers...I could go on and on, but it's shameful that they would pay someone to "write" something like this and makes you wonder if ANY of the travel info they put out, on the website or in their guidebooks, has any value whatsoever.
Appalllingly Ill-Informed Fodors Article on the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 British Honeymoon!
- 2 Gay and St.Petersburg
- 3 Southwestern England
- 4 London 2-for-1: Using an "unused" Train Ticket
- 5 10 day travel itinerary to Italy... help!
- 6 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 7 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 8 Paris Pass worth the money?
- 9 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 10 Mont St. Michele?
- 11 Athens and which islands?
- 12 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 13 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 14 Help re: Driving from Venice Airport to Kobarid, Slovenia
- 15 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 16 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 17 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 18 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 19 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 20 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 21 Edinburgh accommodation location help me choose
- 22 Geneva-recommendation for small hotel, perhaps Old City?
- 23 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 24 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 25 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST