My head is spinning reading this. It's hard to imagine how anyone could get so many facts wrong in so few words. Market days incorrect, place names misspelled, incorrect info about getting tickets to Lascaux, totally false info about the young man who discovered Lascaux, complete confusion between the Dordogne and Vézère rivers...I could go on and on, but it's shameful that they would pay someone to "write" something like this and makes you wonder if ANY of the travel info they put out, on the website or in their guidebooks, has any value whatsoever.
Appalllingly Ill-Informed Fodors Article on the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 2 Age for booking a hotel?
- 3 Amboise to Carcassonne, where to stop?
- 4 Is this realistic... advice?
- 5 Satnav maps update
- 6 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 7 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 8 Rolling bags in Venice
- 9 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 10 GPS with rental car in Europe
- 11 Big and little towns of Europe
- 12 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 13 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 14 Trip Report -- Spain and Portugal, 2014
- 15 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 16 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 17 Best london location to stay?
- 18 Where to go in France mid July?
- 19 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 20 Tell me about Manchester
- 21 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 22 France to Italy advice needed please
- 23 Snagged the last ice cave in 2015 - Now What?
- 24 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 25 16 day Trip to Spain - Advise on Itinerary