My head is spinning reading this. It's hard to imagine how anyone could get so many facts wrong in so few words. Market days incorrect, place names misspelled, incorrect info about getting tickets to Lascaux, totally false info about the young man who discovered Lascaux, complete confusion between the Dordogne and Vézère rivers...I could go on and on, but it's shameful that they would pay someone to "write" something like this and makes you wonder if ANY of the travel info they put out, on the website or in their guidebooks, has any value whatsoever.
Appalllingly Ill-Informed Fodors Article on the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sammezzano update
- 2 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 3 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 4 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 5 ideas for Portugal please
- 6 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 7 Catalonia
- 8 Macarons!
- 9 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 10 Transportation in Paris
- 11 airport transportation
- 12 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 13 2 Days in Brussels
- 14 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 15 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 16 Travel in Ireland in July 2015
- 17 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 18 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 19 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 20 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 21 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?
- 22 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 23 driving barcelona to madrid in 2-3 days- itinerary help. wine stops?
- 24 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 25 Dublin Hotel Choice