My husband and I are thinking of heading to Amsterdam early next Spring for 6-7 nights. We like renting apartments when we travel, so naturally, we'd like to do the same while we're in Amsterdam.
While reading some older threads, I see mentions about houseboat rental in Amsterdam. I think that would be quite fun, but since I've never stayed on a houseboat, I would love to get some input from those who have knowledge about it.
If you've stayed at a houseboat rental, can you give me a run down of the pros and cons, and how it's different than staying in a regular apt rental?
Do you find the houseboat more/less quiet?
Do you feel the motion of the water?
Would there be any weather issues (hard to keep the place warm, eg) since we're planning to go in early March?
What other things that are unique about houseboat rental that I should be aware of?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 2 Exchange: pros & cons?
- 3 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 4 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 5 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 6 Skye to Edinburgh
- 7 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 8 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 9 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 10 Flat in London
- 11 Trip to Rome
- 12 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 13 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 16 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 19 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 20 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 21 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 22 One night in Rome
- 23 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 24 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 25 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162