My husband and I are thinking of heading to Amsterdam early next Spring for 6-7 nights. We like renting apartments when we travel, so naturally, we'd like to do the same while we're in Amsterdam.
While reading some older threads, I see mentions about houseboat rental in Amsterdam. I think that would be quite fun, but since I've never stayed on a houseboat, I would love to get some input from those who have knowledge about it.
If you've stayed at a houseboat rental, can you give me a run down of the pros and cons, and how it's different than staying in a regular apt rental?
Do you find the houseboat more/less quiet?
Do you feel the motion of the water?
Would there be any weather issues (hard to keep the place warm, eg) since we're planning to go in early March?
What other things that are unique about houseboat rental that I should be aware of?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 2 Florence to Pisa Round Trip
- 3 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 4 European travel, what to see?
- 5 Scenic route from Montepuciano to Siena
- 6 Provence and Amalfi Small Town bases
- 7 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 8 Trip Report: Family4travels to Barcelona and Morocco: tapas, Gaudi, tents & tangines
- 9 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 10 4 nights in Tuscany- Pls help with the plan.
- 11 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 12 Utrecht plus ?? beginning of July with family
- 13 What train stop in Salerno?
- 14 Norway in November
- 15 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 16 France to stop making foie grois
- 17 Sentimental Journey
- 18 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 19 Bilboa to Madrid
- 20 Rain forecast Provence next Sunday and Monday. Any suggestions?
- 21 cheap balloon ride in Cappadocia, Turkey?
- 22 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 23 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 24 Drive from Munich to Prague to Budapest to Vienna and return to Munich
- 25 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?