My husband and I are thinking of heading to Amsterdam early next Spring for 6-7 nights. We like renting apartments when we travel, so naturally, we'd like to do the same while we're in Amsterdam.
While reading some older threads, I see mentions about houseboat rental in Amsterdam. I think that would be quite fun, but since I've never stayed on a houseboat, I would love to get some input from those who have knowledge about it.
If you've stayed at a houseboat rental, can you give me a run down of the pros and cons, and how it's different than staying in a regular apt rental?
Do you find the houseboat more/less quiet?
Do you feel the motion of the water?
Would there be any weather issues (hard to keep the place warm, eg) since we're planning to go in early March?
What other things that are unique about houseboat rental that I should be aware of?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 2 릴게임신천지상어 ◑접속:='kss998.com'
- 3 Train up the Jungfrau
- 4 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 5 3 months in Switzerland this summer, need suggestions on weekend trips
- 6 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 7 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 8 credit and debit cards
- 9 Labor Day in Paris
- 10 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 11 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 12 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 13 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 14 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 15 Short Trip to Paris
- 16 Driver"s License & Language
- 17 Road trip to Spanish Pyrenees - Suggestions?
- 18 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 19 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 20 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 21 I may be wrong....
- 22 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 23 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 24 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 25 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations