My husband and I are thinking of heading to Amsterdam early next Spring for 6-7 nights. We like renting apartments when we travel, so naturally, we'd like to do the same while we're in Amsterdam.
While reading some older threads, I see mentions about houseboat rental in Amsterdam. I think that would be quite fun, but since I've never stayed on a houseboat, I would love to get some input from those who have knowledge about it.
If you've stayed at a houseboat rental, can you give me a run down of the pros and cons, and how it's different than staying in a regular apt rental?
Do you find the houseboat more/less quiet?
Do you feel the motion of the water?
Would there be any weather issues (hard to keep the place warm, eg) since we're planning to go in early March?
What other things that are unique about houseboat rental that I should be aware of?
Apartment rental vs Houseboat rental in Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 2 Best car/shuttle service from Paris to CDG
- 3 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?
- 4 2 Weeks in Germany in December
- 5 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 6 Berlin
- 7 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 8 Italy trip questions
- 9 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 10 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 11 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 12 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 13 Taormina to Palermo
- 14 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 15 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 16 history museums or locations
- 17 Budget family trip to Europe
- 18 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 19 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 20 caroline_venezia
- 21 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 22 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 23 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 24 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 25 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews