My husband and I are thinking of heading to Amsterdam early next Spring for 6-7 nights. We like renting apartments when we travel, so naturally, we'd like to do the same while we're in Amsterdam.
While reading some older threads, I see mentions about houseboat rental in Amsterdam. I think that would be quite fun, but since I've never stayed on a houseboat, I would love to get some input from those who have knowledge about it.
If you've stayed at a houseboat rental, can you give me a run down of the pros and cons, and how it's different than staying in a regular apt rental?
Do you find the houseboat more/less quiet?
Do you feel the motion of the water?
Would there be any weather issues (hard to keep the place warm, eg) since we're planning to go in early March?
What other things that are unique about houseboat rental that I should be aware of?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 2 ) INTERNET explorer Reset CONTACT ☎1:800:982:8520 INTERNET Tec*h SUPP0RT
- 3 Prem fares (again)
- 4 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 7 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 8 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 9 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 10 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 11 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 12 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 13 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 14 4 days from/to Zagreb...
- 15 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 16 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 17 3 days solo in London
- 18 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 21 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 22 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 23 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 Chania