My husband and I are thinking of heading to Amsterdam early next Spring for 6-7 nights. We like renting apartments when we travel, so naturally, we'd like to do the same while we're in Amsterdam.
While reading some older threads, I see mentions about houseboat rental in Amsterdam. I think that would be quite fun, but since I've never stayed on a houseboat, I would love to get some input from those who have knowledge about it.
If you've stayed at a houseboat rental, can you give me a run down of the pros and cons, and how it's different than staying in a regular apt rental?
Do you find the houseboat more/less quiet?
Do you feel the motion of the water?
Would there be any weather issues (hard to keep the place warm, eg) since we're planning to go in early March?
What other things that are unique about houseboat rental that I should be aware of?
Apartment rental vs Houseboat rental in Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 2 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 3 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 4 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 5 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 6 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 Calling Jamikins
- 9 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 12 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 13 Zurich, Switzerland
- 14 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 15 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 16 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 17 London tube
- 18 Day trip from London to Paris
- 19 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 20 5am arrival in Dublin
- 21 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 22 Hotel in Venice
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Europe-21 days in September 2014