My husband and I are thinking of heading to Amsterdam early next Spring for 6-7 nights. We like renting apartments when we travel, so naturally, we'd like to do the same while we're in Amsterdam.
While reading some older threads, I see mentions about houseboat rental in Amsterdam. I think that would be quite fun, but since I've never stayed on a houseboat, I would love to get some input from those who have knowledge about it.
If you've stayed at a houseboat rental, can you give me a run down of the pros and cons, and how it's different than staying in a regular apt rental?
Do you find the houseboat more/less quiet?
Do you feel the motion of the water?
Would there be any weather issues (hard to keep the place warm, eg) since we're planning to go in early March?
What other things that are unique about houseboat rental that I should be aware of?
Apartment rental vs Houseboat rental in Amsterdam
- 1 Traveling within Italy
- 2 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 7 Family European winter holiday
- 8 London at Easter
- 9 Florence in October
- 10 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 11 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 12 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 13 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 15 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 16 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 17 Advises for trip to Russia
- 18 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 19 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 20 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 21 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 22 Which travel plan?
- 23 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 24 Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???