My husband and I are thinking of heading to Amsterdam early next Spring for 6-7 nights. We like renting apartments when we travel, so naturally, we'd like to do the same while we're in Amsterdam.
While reading some older threads, I see mentions about houseboat rental in Amsterdam. I think that would be quite fun, but since I've never stayed on a houseboat, I would love to get some input from those who have knowledge about it.
If you've stayed at a houseboat rental, can you give me a run down of the pros and cons, and how it's different than staying in a regular apt rental?
Do you find the houseboat more/less quiet?
Do you feel the motion of the water?
Would there be any weather issues (hard to keep the place warm, eg) since we're planning to go in early March?
What other things that are unique about houseboat rental that I should be aware of?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 2 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 7 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 8 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 9 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 10 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 Europe itinerary help!
- 13 Shorts in South of France?
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 16 Les Invalides Night Show
- 17 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 18 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 19 Best Greek Island
- 20 Which Day?
- 21 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 22 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 23 Corsica and Sardinia
- 24 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 25 Regarding Residence Permit