My husband and I are thinking of heading to Amsterdam early next Spring for 6-7 nights. We like renting apartments when we travel, so naturally, we'd like to do the same while we're in Amsterdam.
While reading some older threads, I see mentions about houseboat rental in Amsterdam. I think that would be quite fun, but since I've never stayed on a houseboat, I would love to get some input from those who have knowledge about it.
If you've stayed at a houseboat rental, can you give me a run down of the pros and cons, and how it's different than staying in a regular apt rental?
Do you find the houseboat more/less quiet?
Do you feel the motion of the water?
Would there be any weather issues (hard to keep the place warm, eg) since we're planning to go in early March?
What other things that are unique about houseboat rental that I should be aware of?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and ?????
- 2 http://testoriladvice.com/miracle-bust/
- 3 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 4 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 5 FCO connection time
- 6 Accomodation # Interlaken,Bern,Lucern,Lausanne,Geneva
- 7 Lagos Walking Tour
- 8 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 9 Where to stay in Dijon, France
- 10 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 11 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 12 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 13 Amsterdam Hotel
- 14 Euro 2016
- 15 Charles Degaulle question
- 16 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 17 Paris gtg in October?
- 18 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 19 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 20 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 21 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 22 Dolomites October 14-18
- 23 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 24 Switzerland itinerary help
- 25 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris