My husband and I are thinking of heading to Amsterdam early next Spring for 6-7 nights. We like renting apartments when we travel, so naturally, we'd like to do the same while we're in Amsterdam.
While reading some older threads, I see mentions about houseboat rental in Amsterdam. I think that would be quite fun, but since I've never stayed on a houseboat, I would love to get some input from those who have knowledge about it.
If you've stayed at a houseboat rental, can you give me a run down of the pros and cons, and how it's different than staying in a regular apt rental?
Do you find the houseboat more/less quiet?
Do you feel the motion of the water?
Would there be any weather issues (hard to keep the place warm, eg) since we're planning to go in early March?
What other things that are unique about houseboat rental that I should be aware of?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 2 Amsterdam and beyond
- 3 Train tickets in Europe
- 4 Late October Trip in France
- 5 Alsace
- 6 48 hours in london with kids and stay at premier inn
- 7 Provence Planning Help
- 8 Transfer in AMS or FRA?
- 9 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 10 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 11 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 12 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 13 la spezia vs. levanto
- 14 Hungary outside of Budapest
- 15 Transportation from Dublin airport to Shelboourne Hotel
- 16 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 17 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 18 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 19 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 20 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 21 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 22 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 23 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 24 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 25 Puglia and Matera