In the midst of planning for a 6 week stay in the south of France; Menton area I think. I'm searching out apartments to rent on VRBO & HomeAway; and have gotten some quotes. One place that looks nice and we are considering has insisted on charging 25euros for towels and sheets. They told me that if I didn't want to pay the fee for the sheets & towels I can bring my own.
Is this common practice? I've rented a couple of places in this area before, and it's never come up.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 2 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 3 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 6 Recommendations needed for rentals in the Tuscan countryside
- 7 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 8 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 9 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 10 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 11 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 12 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 13 What to see in Dresden...
- 14 Tour or independent
- 15 Munich, Germany
- 16 Iceland for 11 days in March
- 17 Sliema, Malta
- 18 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 19 Vet my itinerary
- 20 Hotel advice
- 21 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 22 Your Thoughts on the Black Forest, please --
- 23 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 24 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 25 Just Iceland or Iceland and Europe?
Apartment rental in S. France wants to charge for sheets & towels?