We are 2 elderly Danish women, who have spent 2 months of recreation in a little oases in Siracusa. We booked it through airbnb.com where private people advertise their property. We had a large livingroom with kitchen, bedroom, and barthroom. As the apartment is only connected to the owner's house on one side you have its lovely garden on 3 sides of you. Tables and chairs on all sides, sunbeds, a veranda with roof. Bananapalms, flowers everywhere. We have no car, but up on viale Scala Greca, there is a bus for the old city every hour. When you wait for the bus you see Etna down the road. We love animals, and it was partly for that reason we choose this rental. Another good reason is the price. It is very affordable to say the least. Nearby is a large supermarked and the best baker in Siracusa. Come before 14.00 and take home with you hot dishes, or come after 17.00 and take home with you a pizza. Not everybody can stay in Siracusa for a long time. The apartment is of course available for short stays. Ursula, the owner is a wonderful host, she will do anything to help you. And the apartment and the garden is as one guest wrote like coming back to your childhood.
Apartment in Siracusa with garden for cat and dog lovers
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Authentic czech food
- 2 Advice for Seville in September, especially for the Bienale de flamenco?
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 5 In the movie "Roman Holiday..."
- 6 Switzerland travel in December
- 7 Ireland Itinerary - feedback requested
- 8 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 9 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 10 Decision time...
- 11 Be careful in Vienna
- 12 Italy - unusually so
- 13 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 14 Spain in November
- 15 Slow travel Lisbon and ??? in Portugal in early Nov.--2 weeks
- 16 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 17 How to get to Plaka from Athens airport in the least expensive way?
- 18 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 19 About cars in Austria
- 20 England/EPL family vacation
- 21 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 22 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 23 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 24 Never To Return
- 25 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3