For several years we have wanted to take our son and daughter-in-law to Paris for a week, but coordinating vacation time has been a stumbling block as well as their having a baby. Now, they are available to go in the fall…but they will have a 21-month-old son with them.
Let’s not get into a discussion on the appropriateness of having a toddler with us…if they go, he has to go, too. (I have followed a recent thread on that with interest.)
On our last three visits, my wife and I have stayed at the Hotel de Nice, across from Place Baudoyer in the 4th, which we really like. However, we feel we have to explore the apartment option, since a washer-dryer, refrigerator, and cooking facilities are pretty much necessities.
I have never booked an apartment in Europe before—always booked hotels for the two of us—let alone looking for a 2-bedroom that can accommodate a toddler.
I would appreciate any input—especially from those who have experienced a similar situation—regarding apartment rentals with toddlers…anything from general suggestions to rental agency recommendations to specific apartments that accept toddlers and/or locations. (We’d prefer the Marais, but we’ll have to be flexible.)
At this point, I don’t need advice on things to do—too early for that, plus I have some of my own ideas that I will post on a separate thread later.
Thanks to all…much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 3 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 4 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 5 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 6 SE ITALY
- 7 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 8 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 9 Helpful Hint
- 10 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 11 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 14 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017
- 15 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 Croatia short sail trip
- 18 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 19 6 Days in Italy
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 23 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 24 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each