For several years we have wanted to take our son and daughter-in-law to Paris for a week, but coordinating vacation time has been a stumbling block as well as their having a baby. Now, they are available to go in the fall…but they will have a 21-month-old son with them.
Let’s not get into a discussion on the appropriateness of having a toddler with us…if they go, he has to go, too. (I have followed a recent thread on that with interest.)
On our last three visits, my wife and I have stayed at the Hotel de Nice, across from Place Baudoyer in the 4th, which we really like. However, we feel we have to explore the apartment option, since a washer-dryer, refrigerator, and cooking facilities are pretty much necessities.
I have never booked an apartment in Europe before—always booked hotels for the two of us—let alone looking for a 2-bedroom that can accommodate a toddler.
I would appreciate any input—especially from those who have experienced a similar situation—regarding apartment rentals with toddlers…anything from general suggestions to rental agency recommendations to specific apartments that accept toddlers and/or locations. (We’d prefer the Marais, but we’ll have to be flexible.)
At this point, I don’t need advice on things to do—too early for that, plus I have some of my own ideas that I will post on a separate thread later.
Thanks to all…much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 2 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 3 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 Barcelona - places to stay
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 9 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 10 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 11 Christmas Markets 2017
- 12 Language to use in Belgium
- 13 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 14 Istanbul at Easter
- 15 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 16 Palermo Apartment
- 17 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 20 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 21 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 22 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 23 Fado in Lisbon
- 24 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 25 Switzerland for 2 weeks