I've been researching hotels for a one night stop in Bratislava at the beginningof our trip to Austria in June, and they seem VERY expensive. Even at weekends they are mostly well over the €100 mark for not very well-reviewd places.
Finally, I've found the Michalska brana hotel in the centre [www.hotelmialskabrana.com] for £79 on Expedia and Booking .com [or €109 which I reckon is more at today's rates].
as we are ariving mid-afternoon on the Ryanair flight from Bristol and are only staying one night, we want to be fairly central, but close to the river as we are intending to get the hydrofoil to Vienna the next day [yes, I know that others commented on another thread that this was probably not as good as the bus or train, but DH loves boat trip ,so what the hell - who am I to argue?].
I've also e-mailed a couple of pensions that are not on TA - hotel pension arcus [www.hotelarcus.sk] and pension chez david [www.chezdavid.sk].
and what should we prioritise for our flying trip? the castle is apparently open til 8pm that time of year, but what else is there to see?
Can any out there help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 2 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 3 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 4 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 5 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 6 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 7 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 8 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 9 Planning a European Trip
- 10 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 13 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 14 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 15 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 16 Italian lakes
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 19 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 20 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 21 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 22 Andalucia itinerary help
- 23 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 24 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 25 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh