I've been researching hotels for a one night stop in Bratislava at the beginningof our trip to Austria in June, and they seem VERY expensive. Even at weekends they are mostly well over the €100 mark for not very well-reviewd places.
Finally, I've found the Michalska brana hotel in the centre [www.hotelmialskabrana.com] for £79 on Expedia and Booking .com [or €109 which I reckon is more at today's rates].
as we are ariving mid-afternoon on the Ryanair flight from Bristol and are only staying one night, we want to be fairly central, but close to the river as we are intending to get the hydrofoil to Vienna the next day [yes, I know that others commented on another thread that this was probably not as good as the bus or train, but DH loves boat trip ,so what the hell - who am I to argue?].
I've also e-mailed a couple of pensions that are not on TA - hotel pension arcus [www.hotelarcus.sk] and pension chez david [www.chezdavid.sk].
and what should we prioritise for our flying trip? the castle is apparently open til 8pm that time of year, but what else is there to see?
Can any out there help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International Flight Question
- 2 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 3 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 4 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 7 Interesting places to visit
- 8 Budapest in December 2017
- 9 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 10 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 11 Petrol in Greece
- 12 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 13 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 16 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 17 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 18 Dijon in December!
- 19 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 20 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 21 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 24 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 25 6-7 Days in France