I've been researching hotels for a one night stop in Bratislava at the beginningof our trip to Austria in June, and they seem VERY expensive. Even at weekends they are mostly well over the €100 mark for not very well-reviewd places.
Finally, I've found the Michalska brana hotel in the centre [www.hotelmialskabrana.com] for £79 on Expedia and Booking .com [or €109 which I reckon is more at today's rates].
as we are ariving mid-afternoon on the Ryanair flight from Bristol and are only staying one night, we want to be fairly central, but close to the river as we are intending to get the hydrofoil to Vienna the next day [yes, I know that others commented on another thread that this was probably not as good as the bus or train, but DH loves boat trip ,so what the hell - who am I to argue?].
I've also e-mailed a couple of pensions that are not on TA - hotel pension arcus [www.hotelarcus.sk] and pension chez david [www.chezdavid.sk].
and what should we prioritise for our flying trip? the castle is apparently open til 8pm that time of year, but what else is there to see?
Can any out there help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 2 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 3 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 4 What do pack for Ireland?
- 5 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 6 Paris to Morocco
- 7 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 8 Alhambra
- 9 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 10 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 11 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 12 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 13 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 14 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 15 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 16 Antwerp Tram
- 17 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 18 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 19 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 20 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 21 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 22 Boat ride from Naples to Capri
- 23 Road trip Cinque Terre to Nice or ST
- 24 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 25 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle