I've been researching hotels for a one night stop in Bratislava at the beginningof our trip to Austria in June, and they seem VERY expensive. Even at weekends they are mostly well over the €100 mark for not very well-reviewd places.
Finally, I've found the Michalska brana hotel in the centre [www.hotelmialskabrana.com] for £79 on Expedia and Booking .com [or €109 which I reckon is more at today's rates].
as we are ariving mid-afternoon on the Ryanair flight from Bristol and are only staying one night, we want to be fairly central, but close to the river as we are intending to get the hydrofoil to Vienna the next day [yes, I know that others commented on another thread that this was probably not as good as the bus or train, but DH loves boat trip ,so what the hell - who am I to argue?].
I've also e-mailed a couple of pensions that are not on TA - hotel pension arcus [www.hotelarcus.sk] and pension chez david [www.chezdavid.sk].
and what should we prioritise for our flying trip? the castle is apparently open til 8pm that time of year, but what else is there to see?
Can any out there help?
anyone stayed in Bratislava recently?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help for San Sebastian
- 2 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 3 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 4 What Bus/buses
- 5 Venice, just arrived
- 6 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 7 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 8 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 9 Gdansk & Baltic in October
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 11 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 12 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 13 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 14 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 15 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 16 London hotel tax is 20%
- 17 Vienna to Gyor and Sopron in one day
- 18 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 19 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 20 Venice - boats on canals
- 21 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 22 Student Visa for Italy Questions
- 23 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 24 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 25 Ghent or Paris?