I've been researching hotels for a one night stop in Bratislava at the beginningof our trip to Austria in June, and they seem VERY expensive. Even at weekends they are mostly well over the €100 mark for not very well-reviewd places.
Finally, I've found the Michalska brana hotel in the centre [www.hotelmialskabrana.com] for £79 on Expedia and Booking .com [or €109 which I reckon is more at today's rates].
as we are ariving mid-afternoon on the Ryanair flight from Bristol and are only staying one night, we want to be fairly central, but close to the river as we are intending to get the hydrofoil to Vienna the next day [yes, I know that others commented on another thread that this was probably not as good as the bus or train, but DH loves boat trip ,so what the hell - who am I to argue?].
I've also e-mailed a couple of pensions that are not on TA - hotel pension arcus [www.hotelarcus.sk] and pension chez david [www.chezdavid.sk].
and what should we prioritise for our flying trip? the castle is apparently open til 8pm that time of year, but what else is there to see?
Can any out there help?
anyone stayed in Bratislava recently?
- 1 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 2 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 3 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 4 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 5 ferry to Harwich
- 6 Anyone used this rental agency called Short Time Rental in Paris,
- 7 just want to know
- 8 Planning my trip to Italy
- 9 Backpacking through Europe
- 10 The way women dress in Spain
- 11 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 12 Sardinia July Our final plan
- 13 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 14 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 15 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 16 East coast trains
- 17 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 18 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations
- 19 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 20 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 21 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 22 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 23 RHK's heading to Europe
- 24 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 25 Serbia photo gallery - Belgrade - Novi Sad