My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 2 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 3 Scotland and London 21 days
- 4 Venice
- 5 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 6 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 7 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 8 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 9 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 10 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 11 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 14 Capri in July
- 15 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 16 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 17 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 18 help with Italy itinerary
- 19 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 20 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 21 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 22 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 23 Driving in Portugal with car rented in Spain
- 24 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 25 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?