My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Trip Report Part 1
- 2 Bus fine Italy
- 3 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 4 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 5 Swiss art displays
- 6 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 7 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 8 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 9 Northern Spain
- 10 7 day Itinerary Input Please - Switzerland
- 11 Train or flight from Paris to Munich?
- 12 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 13 Transportation
- 14 Greece- 8/9 DAYS
- 15 Itenerary Opinion
- 16 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 17 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 18 Help? Berlin (or Prague) dentist
- 19 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 20 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 21 A road trip to Florence
- 22 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 23 Livorno shore excursion 3 choices ?
- 24 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 25 I am a.tall foodie
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?