My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation in Barcelona
- 2 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 3 Ste Remy France
- 4 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 5 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 6 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 7 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 8 Europe in 21 days
- 9 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 10 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 11 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 12 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 13 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 16 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 17 5am arrival in Dublin
- 18 What are the best places to see in England
- 19 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 20 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 21 destination wedding
- 22 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 23 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 24 10 Hours in Brussels
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium