My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 2 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 3 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 4 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 5 French immersion courses in France
- 6 Munich
- 7 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 8 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 9 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 10 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 11 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 12 CDG airport
- 13 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 14 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 15 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 16 14 nights in Europe
- 17 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 18 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 19 Portugal itinerary help
- 20 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 21 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 22 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 23 What type of visa is right for me?
- 24 Malaga Hotels - which one should I choose?
- 25 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?