My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can parking
- 2 italy Cinque Terre
- 3 San Sebastián
- 4 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 Zurich to Milan trip
- 7 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 8 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 9 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 10 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 13 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 14 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 15 Driving through Paris
- 16 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 17 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 20 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 21 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 22 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?