My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 3 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 4 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 7 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 8 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 9 first european holiday itinery
- 10 7 days in Andalucia
- 11 London for Christmas
- 12 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 13 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 14 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 15 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 18 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 19 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 20 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 21 A full week in The Netherlands
- 22 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 23 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 24 Apartments in Rome
- 25 Prague - must see