My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 2 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 3 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 4 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 5 What one thing in Paris?
- 6 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 7 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 8 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 9 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 10 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 11 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 12 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 13 penis enlargement cream+27764457572 USA/UK/FLORIDA/DUBAI/BRASIL/UAE
- 14 Help with Itineray Central Europe
- 15 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 16 Paris Under Seige...
- 17 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 18 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 19 Global Travel Warning...
- 20 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 21 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 22 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 23 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 24 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 25 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?