My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 2 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 3 ITALO trains need help
- 4 Help with France itinerary
- 5 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 6 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 7 Cornwall or Paris?
- 8 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 9 plug adapters ITALY
- 10 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 11 German Rail Twin Pass
- 12 How much luggage?????
- 13 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 14 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 15 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 16 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 17 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 18 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 19 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 20 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 21 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 22 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 23 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 24 Over 40,000 Photos Used To Create A Time-Lapse Video Of Paris
- 25 Paris in black and white