My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fashion for larger man?
- 2 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 3 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 4 What to wear
- 5 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 6 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 7 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 8 London neighborhood suggestions
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 11 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 12 Eating in France-two new books
- 13 german rail ticket question
- 14 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 15 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 16 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 17 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 18 Madrid and London
- 19 Three days in Spain
- 20 1 week in Croatia
- 21 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 22 Trip to Iceland
- 23 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 24 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 25 Picasso Museum-Paris