My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 3 Car in Prague
- 4 Family European winter holiday
- 5 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 6 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 7 Planning a holiday
- 8 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 9 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 10 Euro Train
- 11 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 12 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 13 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 14 first european holiday itinery
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 17 Traveling within Italy
- 18 Which travel plan?
- 19 London for Christmas
- 20 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 21 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 22 Travel by train or bus
- 23 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 24 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 25 Scandinavia Itinerary