My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 2 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 3 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 4 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 5 Three ferries to Mull
- 6 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 7 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 8 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 9 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 10 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 11 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 12 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 13 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 14 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 17 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 18 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 19 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 20 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 21 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 22 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 23 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 24 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 25 England's Ruined Abbeys