My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼 분석 사이트 ≪ 접속주소 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 TSA Precheck
- 3 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 4 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 5 alcazar question and seville advice
- 6 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 Paris travel help
- 9 Day in Capri
- 10 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 11 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 12 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 13 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 14 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 15 Rome hotel
- 16 Villa in Italy
- 17 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 18 Help me make this possible!
- 19 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 20 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 21 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 22 One night in the Dolomites
- 23 Vatican tour
- 24 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 25 Places to stop/stay?
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?