My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 2 DCC on the increase?
- 3 help- itinerary planning france-switzerland-Italy -18N starting 15th July
- 4 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 5 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 6 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 7 driving from palermo to sciacca
- 8 Weekend navigo options
- 9 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 10 Does anyone know how Trenitalia or Trenord list the Vivalto trains?
- 11 UK passport renewal from O'seas.
- 12 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 13 GYTHION and MYSTRAS
- 14 airport transportation
- 15 Split to Venice. Help!
- 16 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 17 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 18 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 19 phone service
- 20 Macarons!
- 21 ideas for Portugal please
- 22 4 days in the Yonne (Burgundy) with kids - itinerary suggestions?
- 23 MADRID AND GRANADA--A Magical Winter Week in Spain
- 24 Southern France/Northern Italy/Switzerland trip
- 25 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.