My husband, teenage daughter and I will be spending next Christmas in Paris. It will be the first trip for both of them, and while I have been there before it was a very long time ago. We want to rent an apartment and I am just starting to do that research. This forum has been invaluable! People here are so generous with their experience.
I have browsed months of posts and done quite a bit of searching, and there's one thing I haven't been able to find. We want to be able to cook while we are there - especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can already tell that a lot of apartments are not set up for real cooking (two burners, no oven, etc.). What I would like to know is - has anyone stayed in an apartment that they would really recommend for cooking (quality appliances, tools, kitchen layout, etc.). Obviously, neighborhood resources are relevant too, but I'm able to find that info more easily than I can find out about the apartment kitchens themselves.
I've been able to pull some ideas from trip reports by people who cooked, but unfortunately the most promising apartments are no longer being rented.
We have not settled on a location yet. I have very warm memories of Montmartre from my younger days, but I think for a first trip we want to be closer in to major sites this time (which is a roundabout way of saying I'd be interested in great options in Montmartre as well).
We've started our looking in the 5th and 6th, but have definitely not ruled out the 7th or the Marais. 1.5 or 2 bedrooms would suit us best, but 1 with a pullout would be fine. And we're hoping to stay under 2500€ per week.
Anyone have cooking-friendly Paris apartments to recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 2 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 3 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 4 Paris: Best Bistros
- 5 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 6 Provence to Toulouse: Trip Planning Help Needed
- 7 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 8 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 9 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 10 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 11 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 12 Saone River Burgundy self-drive barge need itinerary
- 13 Help plan my honeymoon! Northern Spain, and/or Lisbon or Bordeaux
- 14 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 15 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 16 UK's 6 month tourist visa
- 17 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 18 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 19 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 20 Slow, south of france with a baby, a five year old and no driving
- 21 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 22 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 23 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 24 First time in Ireland...have just 5 days to see a lot! Need advice
- 25 Como Lake for Easter weekend - is a rental car worthwhile?