I know there are countless websites and information on this online, and we're all over them, but SO and I REALLY want to do this in the next few years. We're both 60 and in good shape and lean and active and I personally have wanted to do this all my life (the trail goes right by my house in France for one thing; oh, and I've hiked stretches of the Appalachian Trail that were more than 300 miles). But has anyone on Fodors actually DONE it? And can report back? I've read loads about it, probably all the literature that exists, but wondering if any Fodorites have actually done it. I would SO like to be able to look back and say I did this.
Anyone Ever Hiked the Camino del Santiago?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 2 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 6 Dresden Train Station
- 7 Rome Accommodation
- 8 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 9 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 10 Chambermaid tipping
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 15 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 16 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 17 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 18 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 19 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 20 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 21 Greek islands from Turkey
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 rent car / Munich
- 24 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins