I know there are countless websites and information on this online, and we're all over them, but SO and I REALLY want to do this in the next few years. We're both 60 and in good shape and lean and active and I personally have wanted to do this all my life (the trail goes right by my house in France for one thing; oh, and I've hiked stretches of the Appalachian Trail that were more than 300 miles). But has anyone on Fodors actually DONE it? And can report back? I've read loads about it, probably all the literature that exists, but wondering if any Fodorites have actually done it. I would SO like to be able to look back and say I did this.
Anyone Ever Hiked the Camino del Santiago?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 2 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 3 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 4 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 5 Arc de Triumph Question
- 6 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 7 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 8 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 9 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 10 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 11 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 12 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 13 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 14 What to wear
- 15 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 16 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 17 Paris November 2014
- 18 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 19 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 20 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 21 Traveling in France by train
- 22 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 23 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 24 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 25 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?