I know there are countless websites and information on this online, and we're all over them, but SO and I REALLY want to do this in the next few years. We're both 60 and in good shape and lean and active and I personally have wanted to do this all my life (the trail goes right by my house in France for one thing; oh, and I've hiked stretches of the Appalachian Trail that were more than 300 miles). But has anyone on Fodors actually DONE it? And can report back? I've read loads about it, probably all the literature that exists, but wondering if any Fodorites have actually done it. I would SO like to be able to look back and say I did this.
Anyone Ever Hiked the Camino del Santiago?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 2 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 3 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 4 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 5 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 6 Hotels that we found special
- 7 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 8 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 9 Too many Trip Reports
- 10 Great London Bars with a view
- 11 Rome Food Tour
- 12 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 13 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 14 Art in Paris
- 15 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Rental car while in Ireland
- 18 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 19 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 20 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 21 St Germain
- 22 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 23 First Time to UK since 2001
- 24 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 25 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget