I’m looking for suggestions for an upcoming spur of the moment travel opportunity. I have the period of 5/26 - 6/2 (2011) available for a quick jaunt someplace. I’m 51, male, single and generally enjoy small towns, nature, and scenery as opposed to big cities, museums, and nightlife. I live at the beach in California so a beach scene is not that important to me either. I’ll be flying out of JFK or DC. I’d like to do somewhere in Europe and in the last two years I’ve been to Ireland and Italy so those are off the list. I have also been to London, Greece, and Amsterdam in the past. I have an interest in Iceland but am a little put off by the weather (40’s and rainy). Also, if there were somewhere that I could tool around by car as opposed to public transportation that would be great although I should say that I am not totally put off by the idea of larger cities and using trains for transportation.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 2 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 3 2 days in Florence
- 4 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 7 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 8 base for Andalucia
- 9 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 12 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 13 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 16 Windsor Castle
- 17 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 18 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 19 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 20 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 21 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 22 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 23 4 nights in Sardinia
- 24 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 25 help deciding between 2 itineraries!