I’m looking for suggestions for an upcoming spur of the moment travel opportunity. I have the period of 5/26 - 6/2 (2011) available for a quick jaunt someplace. I’m 51, male, single and generally enjoy small towns, nature, and scenery as opposed to big cities, museums, and nightlife. I live at the beach in California so a beach scene is not that important to me either. I’ll be flying out of JFK or DC. I’d like to do somewhere in Europe and in the last two years I’ve been to Ireland and Italy so those are off the list. I have also been to London, Greece, and Amsterdam in the past. I have an interest in Iceland but am a little put off by the weather (40’s and rainy). Also, if there were somewhere that I could tool around by car as opposed to public transportation that would be great although I should say that I am not totally put off by the idea of larger cities and using trains for transportation.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Postcards from Retirement-The Scotland Edition
- 2 Another Paris Trip Report
- 3 Weekend away from London
- 4 iPhone stolen in Paris
- 5 Itinerary for 3 days in Italy and is Rome safe ???
- 6 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 7 Airport shuttle from Airbnb locale
- 8 Caserta Palace and gardens renovations
- 9 How to Spot an American in Europe
- 10 sncf help
- 11 1st Class v 2nd Class
- 12 Driving from South Iceland to the Westfjords
- 13 Almería for 3 nights in January?
- 14 Royal Air Maroc or Air France from Rabat?
- 15 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 16 Paris dining-with teens
- 17 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 18 Where to go after Venice Italy?
- 19 Paris Here We Come
- 20 Possible flight cancellation?
- 21 TRAIN from Munich to Paris (ASAP)
- 22 First Weekend in Switzerland
- 23 Archetypical White Christmas
- 24 Amalfi Coast in June
- 25 Murano glass question