I’m looking for suggestions for an upcoming spur of the moment travel opportunity. I have the period of 5/26 - 6/2 (2011) available for a quick jaunt someplace. I’m 51, male, single and generally enjoy small towns, nature, and scenery as opposed to big cities, museums, and nightlife. I live at the beach in California so a beach scene is not that important to me either. I’ll be flying out of JFK or DC. I’d like to do somewhere in Europe and in the last two years I’ve been to Ireland and Italy so those are off the list. I have also been to London, Greece, and Amsterdam in the past. I have an interest in Iceland but am a little put off by the weather (40’s and rainy). Also, if there were somewhere that I could tool around by car as opposed to public transportation that would be great although I should say that I am not totally put off by the idea of larger cities and using trains for transportation.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://supplementlab.org/alpha-monster-advanced/
- 2 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 3 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 4 Dublin Leap Card
- 5 Vatican City questions
- 6 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 7 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 8 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 9 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 10 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 11 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 12 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 13 Piedmont as a destination
- 14 dinner jackets
- 15 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 16 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 17 Garda Land
- 18 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 19 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 20 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 21 2 weeks Europe trip
- 22 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 23 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 24 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings