I’m looking for suggestions for an upcoming spur of the moment travel opportunity. I have the period of 5/26 - 6/2 (2011) available for a quick jaunt someplace. I’m 51, male, single and generally enjoy small towns, nature, and scenery as opposed to big cities, museums, and nightlife. I live at the beach in California so a beach scene is not that important to me either. I’ll be flying out of JFK or DC. I’d like to do somewhere in Europe and in the last two years I’ve been to Ireland and Italy so those are off the list. I have also been to London, Greece, and Amsterdam in the past. I have an interest in Iceland but am a little put off by the weather (40’s and rainy). Also, if there were somewhere that I could tool around by car as opposed to public transportation that would be great although I should say that I am not totally put off by the idea of larger cities and using trains for transportation.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 2 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 3 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 4 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 5 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 6 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 7 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 8 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 9 Amalfi coast
- 10 French lavender and cottages
- 11 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 12 Rome to Pompeii, luggage goes where?
- 13 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 14 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 15 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 16 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 17 Rome Rental Car
- 18 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 19 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 20 Iceland Waterfall Advice
- 21 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 22 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 23 italy itinerary
- 24 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 25 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!