I’m looking for suggestions for an upcoming spur of the moment travel opportunity. I have the period of 5/26 - 6/2 (2011) available for a quick jaunt someplace. I’m 51, male, single and generally enjoy small towns, nature, and scenery as opposed to big cities, museums, and nightlife. I live at the beach in California so a beach scene is not that important to me either. I’ll be flying out of JFK or DC. I’d like to do somewhere in Europe and in the last two years I’ve been to Ireland and Italy so those are off the list. I have also been to London, Greece, and Amsterdam in the past. I have an interest in Iceland but am a little put off by the weather (40’s and rainy). Also, if there were somewhere that I could tool around by car as opposed to public transportation that would be great although I should say that I am not totally put off by the idea of larger cities and using trains for transportation.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 2 We're here!
- 3 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 4 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 5 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 10 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 11 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 12 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 13 International Flight Question
- 14 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 15 Interesting places to visit
- 16 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 17 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 18 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 19 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 20 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 21 Budapest in December 2017
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?