We are heading to Europe with 4 kids (aged 13, 10, 8 and 6) for 6 weeks in March/April. There are so many spectacular buildings, churches and art galleries but I can see too much emphasis on this being our downfall. What are people's experience of kids in art galleries, Vatican, churches etc? How much is too much? Others' experiences, kids' feedback, any suggestions for ways of approaching it? My partner is good at inventing games (e.g. find the Madonna that looks the most like Mum!) and they are bright, enthusiastic kids. But the truth is they are mostly not that crazy about art and old buildings. BTW we are going -among other places-to London, Paris, Rome, Florence, Venice. (Also Wales, Brittany, Flanders, Belgium, Switzerland, Umbria, Russia). One idea I've used is that each family member gets to choose 1 destination (hence Russia, thanks husband!), CERN (Geneva), Dr Who museum(Cardiff), snow(Bernese Oberland) and coliseum!
Any thoughts on monuments, churches, Vatican and art galleries with kids
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Questions
- 2 Greece and Spain?- Daughter's HS grad gift
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 5 Itinerary set - now help me pick a Kas hotel for early June
- 6 Advent Season
- 7 Trip to Europe for family of 4
- 8 Bruce and Marija: Carless in Sicily in November
- 9 Overlord Tour Payment Method Not Secure
- 10 Car rental for 7, should we get one or two vehicles?
- 11 Unknown regions in the Czech republic
- 12 Chip & Pin Only
- 13 Visiting Provence for first time - few questions
- 14 flying from Madrid to Barcelona
- 15 Norway in fall?
- 16 Heterogeneous Xmas in Spain
- 17 Late night Mayfair
- 18 Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam 7 days?
- 19 Funny questions over the years on Basque Country and Spain
- 20 best airport to fly out of Paris back to Toronto
- 21 Need help with Itinerary for Spain & France March
- 22 Swiss train travel - why so costly?
- 23 Amsterdam to Paris Best Route
- 24 A family of 4 - 4 days in Switzerland
- 25 Lucerne to Lausanne Itinerary