We are heading to Europe with 4 kids (aged 13, 10, 8 and 6) for 6 weeks in March/April. There are so many spectacular buildings, churches and art galleries but I can see too much emphasis on this being our downfall. What are people's experience of kids in art galleries, Vatican, churches etc? How much is too much? Others' experiences, kids' feedback, any suggestions for ways of approaching it? My partner is good at inventing games (e.g. find the Madonna that looks the most like Mum!) and they are bright, enthusiastic kids. But the truth is they are mostly not that crazy about art and old buildings. BTW we are going -among other places-to London, Paris, Rome, Florence, Venice. (Also Wales, Brittany, Flanders, Belgium, Switzerland, Umbria, Russia). One idea I've used is that each family member gets to choose 1 destination (hence Russia, thanks husband!), CERN (Geneva), Dr Who museum(Cardiff), snow(Bernese Oberland) and coliseum!
Any thoughts on monuments, churches, Vatican and art galleries with kids
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 2 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 3 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 4 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 5 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 6 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 7 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 8 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 9 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 10 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 11 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 12 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 13 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 14 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 15 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 16 Five nights in Extremadura
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 19 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 20 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 21 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 22 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two