We have a 9 day vacation with our 12 and 16 year old daughters in mid June. We are starting in Alpbach for 2 days and then we want to spend 2 or 3 days in the Salzkammergut. I just found the village Ramsau am Dachstein. Any thoughts on this particular town or area? I am intrigued by the free Sommercard.
We will end our trip with 2 days in Salzburg and 2 days in Mittenwald.
I was thinking of staying 2 nights in Hallstatt and one night somewhere else but wondering if one night in Hallstatt is enough and Ramsau am Dachstein might be fun for two nights. I also love St. Wolfgang, so am very torn.
Also wondering about a good place for mountain lake swimming in June.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Loire or Provence in January?
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 4 Rome or Venice first
- 5 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 6 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 7 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 10 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 11 Day trip from London in December
- 12 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 13 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 14 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 17 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 18 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 19 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 20 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 21 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 22 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 23 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 24 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 25 Europe First Timers