We have a 9 day vacation with our 12 and 16 year old daughters in mid June. We are starting in Alpbach for 2 days and then we want to spend 2 or 3 days in the Salzkammergut. I just found the village Ramsau am Dachstein. Any thoughts on this particular town or area? I am intrigued by the free Sommercard.
We will end our trip with 2 days in Salzburg and 2 days in Mittenwald.
I was thinking of staying 2 nights in Hallstatt and one night somewhere else but wondering if one night in Hallstatt is enough and Ramsau am Dachstein might be fun for two nights. I also love St. Wolfgang, so am very torn.
Also wondering about a good place for mountain lake swimming in June.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Tweaking
- 2 Itinerary Help
- 3 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 4 House Hunting in France
- 5 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 6 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 7 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 8 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 9 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 10 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 11 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 12 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 13 Sicily
- 14 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 15 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 16 Hotel in Vienna
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 Car rental from Barcelona
- 19 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 23 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 24 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas