We are arriving in Switzerland Sept 14/12 for 17 days before moving on to Venice. We will be departing from our last "base" in Lugano and taking the train to Venice on Sept 30. Based on everything we want to see and do, we have gone through the pros and cons of a 15 days SP vs. a Half Fare Card, and the Half Fare card comes out slightly less expensive (approx 50 CHF pp). In addition the 15 day SP leaves us with two days where we are on our own without a SP either at the beginning or end of the time in Switzerland. I also calulated the costs of 4 4-day 2 for 1 Swiss Passes, and it is quite a bit more than either the 15 day SP (saver pass) or the Half fare Card.
Is there any benefit in using a SP vs. a Half Fare Card when taking the train from Switzerland to Italy (Lugano to Venice) or will we need to pay full fare regardless since our destination is Italy? As I've poured over the many posts on here regarding Swiss Passes I agree with most that the best way to figure it out is to do the math based on what you want to do. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Corsica
- 2 credit and debit cards
- 3 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 4 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 5 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 6 stonehenge day trip from london
- 7 카지노게임ª＼＼〃〃 ＫＲ８９６。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 〃〃＼＼ª」슈퍼카지노
- 8 Shopping and staying near Frankfurt, Germany
- 9 Train up the Jungfrau
- 10 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 11 London Restaurants
- 12 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 13 Cinqueterre
- 14 CDG to Marais transfer
- 15 Naples, Herculaneum and Capri Early April - recommendations
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 18 Fun in the countryside and Tallinn
- 19 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 20 Travel Apps
- 21 What is your favorite travel app?
- 22 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 23 Transportation Question Italy
- 24 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 25 May get together in Paris
Any benefit in Swiss Pass vs. Half Fare Card for Lugano to Venice train?