We are arriving in Switzerland Sept 14/12 for 17 days before moving on to Venice. We will be departing from our last "base" in Lugano and taking the train to Venice on Sept 30. Based on everything we want to see and do, we have gone through the pros and cons of a 15 days SP vs. a Half Fare Card, and the Half Fare card comes out slightly less expensive (approx 50 CHF pp). In addition the 15 day SP leaves us with two days where we are on our own without a SP either at the beginning or end of the time in Switzerland. I also calulated the costs of 4 4-day 2 for 1 Swiss Passes, and it is quite a bit more than either the 15 day SP (saver pass) or the Half fare Card.
Is there any benefit in using a SP vs. a Half Fare Card when taking the train from Switzerland to Italy (Lugano to Venice) or will we need to pay full fare regardless since our destination is Italy? As I've poured over the many posts on here regarding Swiss Passes I agree with most that the best way to figure it out is to do the math based on what you want to do. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://healthyclubpro.com/max-grow-xtreme/
- 2 Barcelona
- 3 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 4 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 5 Prague
- 6 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 7 Ischia
- 8 Santorini lodging
- 9 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Spain and South of France
- 12 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 13 Overnight at Heathrow
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 France, UK and Ireland
- 16 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 17 Ronda Wine/biking
- 18 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 19 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 20 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 21 Andalucia itinerary help
- 22 Germany family road trip help!
- 23 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 24 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 25 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
Any benefit in Swiss Pass vs. Half Fare Card for Lugano to Venice train?