I am heading to the UK for my biennial trip in a few weeks and will spend the beginning and end few days in London, but the rest of the trip will be driving. I will be starting in Cardiff and ending in Oxford. I lived in the UK for a while and had a car, so am pretty comfortable driving in cities and small villages.
I collect china/porcelain and silverware, so was thinking of going to Sheffield for the cutlery and Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent for the china. I actually do a lot of buying and selling, so am looking for places, i.e. antique stores, charity shops that would have good selections of these items. Recommendations would be brilliant and much appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 2 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 3 Norwegian Air?
- 4 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 5 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 6 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 7 Highclare Castle
- 8 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 9 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 10 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 11 Salzburg itinerary review
- 12 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 13 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 14 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 15 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 16 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 17 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 18 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 19 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 20 Spain: train/rental car help
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 23 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 24 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger