I am heading to the UK for my biennial trip in a few weeks and will spend the beginning and end few days in London, but the rest of the trip will be driving. I will be starting in Cardiff and ending in Oxford. I lived in the UK for a while and had a car, so am pretty comfortable driving in cities and small villages.
I collect china/porcelain and silverware, so was thinking of going to Sheffield for the cutlery and Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent for the china. I actually do a lot of buying and selling, so am looking for places, i.e. antique stores, charity shops that would have good selections of these items. Recommendations would be brilliant and much appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 2 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 3 dinner jackets
- 4 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 5 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 6 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 7 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Cordoba Overnight?
- 10 Piedmont as a destination
- 11 2 weeks Europe trip
- 12 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 13 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 17 Monemvasia or Gefyra
- 18 Alkmaar to Brussels - things to see?
- 19 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 20 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 21 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 22 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 23 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 24 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??