I am heading to the UK for my biennial trip in a few weeks and will spend the beginning and end few days in London, but the rest of the trip will be driving. I will be starting in Cardiff and ending in Oxford. I lived in the UK for a while and had a car, so am pretty comfortable driving in cities and small villages.
I collect china/porcelain and silverware, so was thinking of going to Sheffield for the cutlery and Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent for the china. I actually do a lot of buying and selling, so am looking for places, i.e. antique stores, charity shops that would have good selections of these items. Recommendations would be brilliant and much appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions about Polish sights
- 2 vienna
- 3 Croatia Ferry Help
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 6 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 7 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 getting to CDG
- 10 Ireland hotel questions
- 11 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 12 Ireland travel passport question
- 13 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 14 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 15 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 16 Switzerland in November?
- 17 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 18 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 19 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 20 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 21 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 22 Barcelona cooking classes
- 23 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 24 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 25 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread