I am heading to the UK for my biennial trip in a few weeks and will spend the beginning and end few days in London, but the rest of the trip will be driving. I will be starting in Cardiff and ending in Oxford. I lived in the UK for a while and had a car, so am pretty comfortable driving in cities and small villages.
I collect china/porcelain and silverware, so was thinking of going to Sheffield for the cutlery and Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent for the china. I actually do a lot of buying and selling, so am looking for places, i.e. antique stores, charity shops that would have good selections of these items. Recommendations would be brilliant and much appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First visit to London
- 2 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 3 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 4 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 5 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 6 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 7 Two days in Rome
- 8 London is it worth it?
- 9 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 10 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 11 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 12 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 13 International drivers permit
- 14 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 15 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 16 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 17 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 18 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 19 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 20 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 21 Naples + Walking Tour
- 22 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 23 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 24 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 25 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers