I'm going to be in Nuremberg for the Toy Fair. Every place to stay is basically booked in Nuremberg and the surrounding area. I did find one place available in Ansbach. Ansbach is part of the VGN - and seems to be close enough to Nuremberg. We'd also like to take day trips to surrounding towns just to visit. I wanted to find out if anyone has stayed in Ansbach and taken the train to Nuremberg or vice versa and if so, has it been ok. We will more than likely be taking this train for 4 days back and forth between the two. Also wanted to find out if Ansbach is a nice place to stay. The fair is end of January/beginning of February so I know weather is going to be questionable.
Any other pointers on Ansbach or VGN?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 2 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 3 Two weeks in France
- 4 spanish winery region(s)
- 5 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 6 Best places for 21 day family vacay w/ 5 year old?
- 7 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 8 Best International Sim Card
- 9 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 10 Help/Advice From Irish Locals and Experts
- 11 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 12 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 13 Me, myself and Dordogne – 2 weeks in the Beautiful French Countryside
- 14 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 15 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 16 December in Deutschland
- 17 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 18 Relaxing destinations?
- 19 8 day outdoorsy Itinerary Help (Lake Geneva, Bernese Oberland)
- 20 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 21 3 Night Stopover mid September - What to see/do?
- 22 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 23 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 24 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 25 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell