I'm going to be in Nuremberg for the Toy Fair. Every place to stay is basically booked in Nuremberg and the surrounding area. I did find one place available in Ansbach. Ansbach is part of the VGN - and seems to be close enough to Nuremberg. We'd also like to take day trips to surrounding towns just to visit. I wanted to find out if anyone has stayed in Ansbach and taken the train to Nuremberg or vice versa and if so, has it been ok. We will more than likely be taking this train for 4 days back and forth between the two. Also wanted to find out if Ansbach is a nice place to stay. The fair is end of January/beginning of February so I know weather is going to be questionable.
Any other pointers on Ansbach or VGN?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 getting to CDG
- 2 Towersey, London
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 5 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 6 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 11 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 12 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 13 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 14 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 15 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 Amalfi Coast help
- 18 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 19 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 20 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 21 Ireland in April
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 24 A few days outside Rome
- 25 days and times when museums and suchlike close