I'm going to be in Nuremberg for the Toy Fair. Every place to stay is basically booked in Nuremberg and the surrounding area. I did find one place available in Ansbach. Ansbach is part of the VGN - and seems to be close enough to Nuremberg. We'd also like to take day trips to surrounding towns just to visit. I wanted to find out if anyone has stayed in Ansbach and taken the train to Nuremberg or vice versa and if so, has it been ok. We will more than likely be taking this train for 4 days back and forth between the two. Also wanted to find out if Ansbach is a nice place to stay. The fair is end of January/beginning of February so I know weather is going to be questionable.
Any other pointers on Ansbach or VGN?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London's Must Sights!
- 2 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 3 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 4 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 5 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 6 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 7 First trip to Italy
- 8 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 9 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 10 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 11 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 12 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 13 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 14 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 15 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 16 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 17 4 days in switzerland
- 18 Vienna or Budapest?
- 19 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 20 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 21 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 22 14 nights in Europe
- 23 French immersion courses in France
- 24 Berlin, germany
- 25 First time to London - couple for lodging