On somewhat spur of the moment I cashed in a bunch of Delta miles and bought a ticket to Turkey in the first week of September, and am doing some research now to come up with an itinerary. Here's a first stab at things... I would really welcome any suggestions. Thank you!
Sat Sep 3 - arrive IST ~10 AM. Hotel TBD. early afternoon istanbul exploration. Thinking probably some bazaars as they are closed sundays.
Sun Sep 4 - AM flight to Izmir, on to Selcuk and Ephesus.
Mon Sep 5 - around Selcuk
Tue Sep 6 - early AM flight to Kayseri or Neveshir. On to Goreme.
Wed Sep 7 - hiking. would like to get to ihlara valley for hiking as well.
Th Sep 8 - underground cities and other sites
Fri sep 9 - early AM flight to Istanbul - Istanbul
Sat Sep 10 - possible day trip to Bursa or on the Bosphorous or istanbul
Sun Sep 11 - Istanbul - maybe 1/2 day trip to Princes Islands
Mon Sep 12 - depart for NYC on noon flight
Question: how timely are domestic flights? I'm looking into trying to stay with Turkish air but their tickets are sometimes double those of the other carriers. Onur and Sunexpress have timings I want [from bulucuk.com] for Izmir but overall less frequent if something were to go wrong and I might be stuck at airport... Also, is it easier to get from Sultanhamet to IST or to SAW?
Any adjustments to the schedule you would make? Reason for earlier short stay in Istanbul is due to flights from Izmir to Kayseri being more frequent on Tuesday or Thursday.
thanks again for suggestions and comments!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/mastique-avis/
- 2 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 3 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 4 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 5 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 6 Vuerling airlines
- 7 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 8 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 9 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 10 Venice Film Fest
- 11 Europe itinerary
- 12 France for a month in 2017
- 13 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 14 All of Spain or something else..?
- 15 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 16 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 17 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 18 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 19 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 21 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 22 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 23 evening of song and dance
- 24 Naples or Genoa
- 25 SIM card