On somewhat spur of the moment I cashed in a bunch of Delta miles and bought a ticket to Turkey in the first week of September, and am doing some research now to come up with an itinerary. Here's a first stab at things... I would really welcome any suggestions. Thank you!
Sat Sep 3 - arrive IST ~10 AM. Hotel TBD. early afternoon istanbul exploration. Thinking probably some bazaars as they are closed sundays.
Sun Sep 4 - AM flight to Izmir, on to Selcuk and Ephesus.
Mon Sep 5 - around Selcuk
Tue Sep 6 - early AM flight to Kayseri or Neveshir. On to Goreme.
Wed Sep 7 - hiking. would like to get to ihlara valley for hiking as well.
Th Sep 8 - underground cities and other sites
Fri sep 9 - early AM flight to Istanbul - Istanbul
Sat Sep 10 - possible day trip to Bursa or on the Bosphorous or istanbul
Sun Sep 11 - Istanbul - maybe 1/2 day trip to Princes Islands
Mon Sep 12 - depart for NYC on noon flight
Question: how timely are domestic flights? I'm looking into trying to stay with Turkish air but their tickets are sometimes double those of the other carriers. Onur and Sunexpress have timings I want [from bulucuk.com] for Izmir but overall less frequent if something were to go wrong and I might be stuck at airport... Also, is it easier to get from Sultanhamet to IST or to SAW?
Any adjustments to the schedule you would make? Reason for earlier short stay in Istanbul is due to flights from Izmir to Kayseri being more frequent on Tuesday or Thursday.
thanks again for suggestions and comments!
Another Turkey Itinerary Request
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Porto to the Douro Valley wine route
- 2 Help me with this trip
- 3 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 4 Best london location to stay?
- 5 Prague for a week?
- 6 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 7 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 8 Scottland for a day!
- 9 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 10 Lyon circular road itinerary help please
- 11 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 12 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 13 VIGO, SPAIN
- 14 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 15 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 16 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 17 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 18 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 19 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 20 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 21 England, Paris itinerary help
- 22 Cinque Terre
- 23 South of France
- 24 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 25 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)