On somewhat spur of the moment I cashed in a bunch of Delta miles and bought a ticket to Turkey in the first week of September, and am doing some research now to come up with an itinerary. Here's a first stab at things... I would really welcome any suggestions. Thank you!
Sat Sep 3 - arrive IST ~10 AM. Hotel TBD. early afternoon istanbul exploration. Thinking probably some bazaars as they are closed sundays.
Sun Sep 4 - AM flight to Izmir, on to Selcuk and Ephesus.
Mon Sep 5 - around Selcuk
Tue Sep 6 - early AM flight to Kayseri or Neveshir. On to Goreme.
Wed Sep 7 - hiking. would like to get to ihlara valley for hiking as well.
Th Sep 8 - underground cities and other sites
Fri sep 9 - early AM flight to Istanbul - Istanbul
Sat Sep 10 - possible day trip to Bursa or on the Bosphorous or istanbul
Sun Sep 11 - Istanbul - maybe 1/2 day trip to Princes Islands
Mon Sep 12 - depart for NYC on noon flight
Question: how timely are domestic flights? I'm looking into trying to stay with Turkish air but their tickets are sometimes double those of the other carriers. Onur and Sunexpress have timings I want [from bulucuk.com] for Izmir but overall less frequent if something were to go wrong and I might be stuck at airport... Also, is it easier to get from Sultanhamet to IST or to SAW?
Any adjustments to the schedule you would make? Reason for earlier short stay in Istanbul is due to flights from Izmir to Kayseri being more frequent on Tuesday or Thursday.
thanks again for suggestions and comments!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 3 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 4 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 5 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 6 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 7 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 Regarding Residence Permit
- 10 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 11 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 12 Tracking the Weather
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Les Invalides Night Show
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 18 Which Day?
- 19 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 20 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 21 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 24 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 25 Good mobile plan for traveller