On somewhat spur of the moment I cashed in a bunch of Delta miles and bought a ticket to Turkey in the first week of September, and am doing some research now to come up with an itinerary. Here's a first stab at things... I would really welcome any suggestions. Thank you!
Sat Sep 3 - arrive IST ~10 AM. Hotel TBD. early afternoon istanbul exploration. Thinking probably some bazaars as they are closed sundays.
Sun Sep 4 - AM flight to Izmir, on to Selcuk and Ephesus.
Mon Sep 5 - around Selcuk
Tue Sep 6 - early AM flight to Kayseri or Neveshir. On to Goreme.
Wed Sep 7 - hiking. would like to get to ihlara valley for hiking as well.
Th Sep 8 - underground cities and other sites
Fri sep 9 - early AM flight to Istanbul - Istanbul
Sat Sep 10 - possible day trip to Bursa or on the Bosphorous or istanbul
Sun Sep 11 - Istanbul - maybe 1/2 day trip to Princes Islands
Mon Sep 12 - depart for NYC on noon flight
Question: how timely are domestic flights? I'm looking into trying to stay with Turkish air but their tickets are sometimes double those of the other carriers. Onur and Sunexpress have timings I want [from bulucuk.com] for Izmir but overall less frequent if something were to go wrong and I might be stuck at airport... Also, is it easier to get from Sultanhamet to IST or to SAW?
Any adjustments to the schedule you would make? Reason for earlier short stay in Istanbul is due to flights from Izmir to Kayseri being more frequent on Tuesday or Thursday.
thanks again for suggestions and comments!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 3 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 Bremerhaven and environs
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 11 Spain in July
- 12 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 13 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 14 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 15 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 16 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 17 5 Days in Switzerland
- 18 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 19 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 20 International Flight Question
- 21 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 22 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 23 We're here!
- 24 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges