Hi helpful Fodorites,
With FF miles burning in our pockets, we booked flights into Lisbon on Jun 6, departing Barcelona, Jun 20. I fully realize there is a ton of country(s) in between the two and by no means are we trying to see everything. A little about us: Husband and wife (late 40s) with fairly well-travelled 13 yr old daughter from Chicago suburbs. We like beautiful natural areas, limited interest in history although like it in highlights & small doses, very limited interest in art - although looking forward to the major Gaudi sights, adults-LOVE wine, minor Foodies (even the 13yr old is pretty adventurous, but we are all slightly worried since we all dislike olives and most shell fish , gravitate towards cute small towns rather than large metro cities; don't want to spend lots of time in museums. The kid loves animals (she and I are both horse lovers), sports, music. We don't mind moving frequently, but are trying to minimize 1-nighters. Husband is a capable and willing driver. Never been to either country (other than short business trip to Barcelona).
I am working on our itinerary and have gotten this far. The only thing set in stone is our inbound/outbound flights. I am starting to panic because I know I need to book another flight to get us from Portugal to Spain SOON.
Fri, Jun 6 – Arrive Lisbon 10am
Sat, Jun 7 – Lisbon
Sun, Jun 8 – Train to Porto OR Train to Sintra, pick up car and drive to Porto
Mon, Jun 9 – Porto
Tue, Jun 10 – Drive to Duoro Valley, spend night
Wed, Jun 11 – Drive back to Porto; evening flight to either Madrid or Valencia (Ryan Air seems to be only cheap option left); pick up car & overnight likely by airport.
Thu, Jun 12 – Arcos area of Andalusia? OR Chulilla?
Fri, Jun 13 – Arcos area of Andalusia? OR Chulilla?
Sat, Jun 14 – Cordoba? OR Valencia
Sun, Jun 15 – Cordoba? OR Valencia?
Mon, Jun 16 – Drop car somewhere near Madrid and train to Barcelona OR Train Valencia-Barcelona
Tue, Jun 17 – Thu, Jun 19 – Barcelona
Fri, Jun 20 – Fly out about noon
As you can see, I am most unsure about Jun 12 - Jun 16 whether to center in Andalusia or Valencia. And, yes, I fully realize we are skipping Madrid for this trip. Can't do everything!
I would appreciate your help - thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily
- 2 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 3 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 4 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 5 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 6 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 7 Two for One Days OUt
- 8 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 9 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 12 Honeymoon in Greece
- 13 Tour of Northern Italy
- 14 Italy for Christmas Week
- 15 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 16 restaurants in Marais district
- 17 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 18 Shoes in Scotland
- 19 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 20 A Month stay in Southern France
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 23 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 24 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 25 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
Another request for itinerary help-June-arrive Lisbon; depart Barcelona-14 days
Hi helpful Fodorites,