Hi helpful Fodorites,
With FF miles burning in our pockets, we booked flights into Lisbon on Jun 6, departing Barcelona, Jun 20. I fully realize there is a ton of country(s) in between the two and by no means are we trying to see everything. A little about us: Husband and wife (late 40s) with fairly well-travelled 13 yr old daughter from Chicago suburbs. We like beautiful natural areas, limited interest in history although like it in highlights & small doses, very limited interest in art - although looking forward to the major Gaudi sights, adults-LOVE wine, minor Foodies (even the 13yr old is pretty adventurous, but we are all slightly worried since we all dislike olives and most shell fish , gravitate towards cute small towns rather than large metro cities; don't want to spend lots of time in museums. The kid loves animals (she and I are both horse lovers), sports, music. We don't mind moving frequently, but are trying to minimize 1-nighters. Husband is a capable and willing driver. Never been to either country (other than short business trip to Barcelona).
I am working on our itinerary and have gotten this far. The only thing set in stone is our inbound/outbound flights. I am starting to panic because I know I need to book another flight to get us from Portugal to Spain SOON.
Fri, Jun 6 – Arrive Lisbon 10am
Sat, Jun 7 – Lisbon
Sun, Jun 8 – Train to Porto OR Train to Sintra, pick up car and drive to Porto
Mon, Jun 9 – Porto
Tue, Jun 10 – Drive to Duoro Valley, spend night
Wed, Jun 11 – Drive back to Porto; evening flight to either Madrid or Valencia (Ryan Air seems to be only cheap option left); pick up car & overnight likely by airport.
Thu, Jun 12 – Arcos area of Andalusia? OR Chulilla?
Fri, Jun 13 – Arcos area of Andalusia? OR Chulilla?
Sat, Jun 14 – Cordoba? OR Valencia
Sun, Jun 15 – Cordoba? OR Valencia?
Mon, Jun 16 – Drop car somewhere near Madrid and train to Barcelona OR Train Valencia-Barcelona
Tue, Jun 17 – Thu, Jun 19 – Barcelona
Fri, Jun 20 – Fly out about noon
As you can see, I am most unsure about Jun 12 - Jun 16 whether to center in Andalusia or Valencia. And, yes, I fully realize we are skipping Madrid for this trip. Can't do everything!
I would appreciate your help - thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 게임몽릴게임 ▶ 도메인 :≫pts17.com≪
- 2 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 3 게임몽게임 ※연결 :≫pts17.com≪
- 4 게임몽 ≪ 접속주소 :≫pts17.com≪
- 5 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 6 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 9 We're here!
- 10 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 11 10 days in Paris and......
- 12 Budapest & Prague
- 13 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 14 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 15 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 16 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 17 driving from ancona to rome
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 20 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 21 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 22 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 23 Car Hire in Croatia, any recommendations?
- 24 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 25 Itinerary Help - ?Prague, Austria, Italy
Another request for itinerary help-June-arrive Lisbon; depart Barcelona-14 days
Hi helpful Fodorites,