Hi helpful Fodorites,
With FF miles burning in our pockets, we booked flights into Lisbon on Jun 6, departing Barcelona, Jun 20. I fully realize there is a ton of country(s) in between the two and by no means are we trying to see everything. A little about us: Husband and wife (late 40s) with fairly well-travelled 13 yr old daughter from Chicago suburbs. We like beautiful natural areas, limited interest in history although like it in highlights & small doses, very limited interest in art - although looking forward to the major Gaudi sights, adults-LOVE wine, minor Foodies (even the 13yr old is pretty adventurous, but we are all slightly worried since we all dislike olives and most shell fish , gravitate towards cute small towns rather than large metro cities; don't want to spend lots of time in museums. The kid loves animals (she and I are both horse lovers), sports, music. We don't mind moving frequently, but are trying to minimize 1-nighters. Husband is a capable and willing driver. Never been to either country (other than short business trip to Barcelona).
I am working on our itinerary and have gotten this far. The only thing set in stone is our inbound/outbound flights. I am starting to panic because I know I need to book another flight to get us from Portugal to Spain SOON.
Fri, Jun 6 – Arrive Lisbon 10am
Sat, Jun 7 – Lisbon
Sun, Jun 8 – Train to Porto OR Train to Sintra, pick up car and drive to Porto
Mon, Jun 9 – Porto
Tue, Jun 10 – Drive to Duoro Valley, spend night
Wed, Jun 11 – Drive back to Porto; evening flight to either Madrid or Valencia (Ryan Air seems to be only cheap option left); pick up car & overnight likely by airport.
Thu, Jun 12 – Arcos area of Andalusia? OR Chulilla?
Fri, Jun 13 – Arcos area of Andalusia? OR Chulilla?
Sat, Jun 14 – Cordoba? OR Valencia
Sun, Jun 15 – Cordoba? OR Valencia?
Mon, Jun 16 – Drop car somewhere near Madrid and train to Barcelona OR Train Valencia-Barcelona
Tue, Jun 17 – Thu, Jun 19 – Barcelona
Fri, Jun 20 – Fly out about noon
As you can see, I am most unsure about Jun 12 - Jun 16 whether to center in Andalusia or Valencia. And, yes, I fully realize we are skipping Madrid for this trip. Can't do everything!
I would appreciate your help - thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EuropeanDestinations
- 2 Is it possible to see the Cotswolds without renting a car?
- 3 motorhome route for 2wks trip to Italy
- 4 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 5 One champagne tour in Reims
- 6 Drink Suggestions in English Pubs
- 7 Pousadas
- 8 I have one extra day in my FIRST TIME EUROPE trip, where should I spend it?
- 9 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 10 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 11 Pickpocketing in Europe
- 12 Need to purchase British currency from US
- 13 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 14 Frankfurt airport--destination Alsace
- 15 Itinerary Cote d'azur from Nice
- 16 Staying over visa expiration.
- 17 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 18 My Trip to Spain blew up. Need Barcelona help
- 19 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 20 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 21 Munich: New Museum Open Documenting Nazism's Rise...
- 22 Bruges for 1st time
- 23 1st time European Experience- Ireland, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, or Other?
- 24 Skopelos, Skiathos plus 1 Other?
- 25 Private Guide for Rome tour ( by Van or limo)?
Another request for itinerary help-June-arrive Lisbon; depart Barcelona-14 days
Hi helpful Fodorites,