We're thinking of renting this apartment during our week-long stay in Paris:
It is in the 16th arrondissement, in the Mirabeau district. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on this area, both in general terms (how do you like it? Is it safe? etc.) and especially on how easy it is to get to more central areas and major sites. Will it take forever? I gather the area is pretty quiet, which I like, but I am concerned that it is too far out and will make getting to and fro and doing our tourist thang a pain in the butt.
We plan to rely solely on the metro, buses and our feet to get around, as we are too poor for taxis, so take this into consideration
Our goals for this trip are mainly to see the sights, eat some good food, relax, and wander!
There are other apartments we are looking at too, but this is our favorite so far, and also the cheapest (though not by a whole lot) that we have come across. But if you have other suggestions in this price range, feel free! (we'll go up to 400-ish euros!)
Lastly, right under the monthly rental price, it says minimum 6-month stay. Do you suppose this refers to only the monthly rate?
Thanks in advance! I'm finding this forum tremendously helpful!
Another Paris apartment rental question! Location: Mirabeau!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 2 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 3 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 4 Favorite things to do in London
- 5 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 6 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 7 Museum Pass
- 8 Tram to Airport
- 9 Want to find host family in Munich, Germany
- 10 3 days in Bordeaux
- 11 Tipping in the UK
- 12 Recommendations for a Paris Apartment Rental Agency
- 13 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 14 Taxi or bus from Lucca?
- 15 4 days in lake region
- 16 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan Cadorna
- 17 otel.com / metglobal.com is a scam
- 18 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 19 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 20 Restrictions on Portable GPS Use in the UK
- 21 Adjoining Rooms in Rome?
- 22 7 countries in a month
- 23 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 24 Already planning our next trip (Spain/Italy/France)!
- 25 Trip to Scotland and northern England June 2014