We're thinking of renting this apartment during our week-long stay in Paris:
It is in the 16th arrondissement, in the Mirabeau district. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on this area, both in general terms (how do you like it? Is it safe? etc.) and especially on how easy it is to get to more central areas and major sites. Will it take forever? I gather the area is pretty quiet, which I like, but I am concerned that it is too far out and will make getting to and fro and doing our tourist thang a pain in the butt.
We plan to rely solely on the metro, buses and our feet to get around, as we are too poor for taxis, so take this into consideration
Our goals for this trip are mainly to see the sights, eat some good food, relax, and wander!
There are other apartments we are looking at too, but this is our favorite so far, and also the cheapest (though not by a whole lot) that we have come across. But if you have other suggestions in this price range, feel free! (we'll go up to 400-ish euros!)
Lastly, right under the monthly rental price, it says minimum 6-month stay. Do you suppose this refers to only the monthly rate?
Thanks in advance! I'm finding this forum tremendously helpful!
Another Paris apartment rental question! Location: Mirabeau!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 2 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 3 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 6 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 7 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 8 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 9 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 10 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 11 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 12 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 13 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 14 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 15 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 18 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 19 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 20 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 21 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 22 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 23 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide