We're thinking of renting this apartment during our week-long stay in Paris:
It is in the 16th arrondissement, in the Mirabeau district. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on this area, both in general terms (how do you like it? Is it safe? etc.) and especially on how easy it is to get to more central areas and major sites. Will it take forever? I gather the area is pretty quiet, which I like, but I am concerned that it is too far out and will make getting to and fro and doing our tourist thang a pain in the butt.
We plan to rely solely on the metro, buses and our feet to get around, as we are too poor for taxis, so take this into consideration
Our goals for this trip are mainly to see the sights, eat some good food, relax, and wander!
There are other apartments we are looking at too, but this is our favorite so far, and also the cheapest (though not by a whole lot) that we have come across. But if you have other suggestions in this price range, feel free! (we'll go up to 400-ish euros!)
Lastly, right under the monthly rental price, it says minimum 6-month stay. Do you suppose this refers to only the monthly rate?
Thanks in advance! I'm finding this forum tremendously helpful!
Another Paris apartment rental question! Location: Mirabeau!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 2 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 3 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 4 American Express
- 5 Airport ATMs
- 6 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 7 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 8 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 9 Three ferries to Mull
- 10 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 13 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 14 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 20 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 21 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 22 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 23 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 24 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 25 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?