We're thinking of renting this apartment during our week-long stay in Paris:
It is in the 16th arrondissement, in the Mirabeau district. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on this area, both in general terms (how do you like it? Is it safe? etc.) and especially on how easy it is to get to more central areas and major sites. Will it take forever? I gather the area is pretty quiet, which I like, but I am concerned that it is too far out and will make getting to and fro and doing our tourist thang a pain in the butt.
We plan to rely solely on the metro, buses and our feet to get around, as we are too poor for taxis, so take this into consideration
Our goals for this trip are mainly to see the sights, eat some good food, relax, and wander!
There are other apartments we are looking at too, but this is our favorite so far, and also the cheapest (though not by a whole lot) that we have come across. But if you have other suggestions in this price range, feel free! (we'll go up to 400-ish euros!)
Lastly, right under the monthly rental price, it says minimum 6-month stay. Do you suppose this refers to only the monthly rate?
Thanks in advance! I'm finding this forum tremendously helpful!
Another Paris apartment rental question! Location: Mirabeau!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 2 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 3 Need help with itinerary
- 4 Cornwall or Paris?
- 5 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 6 Schengen rule made easy
- 7 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 8 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 9 Cyprus photo gallery
- 10 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 11 First Trip to Europe
- 12 One month (ish) in Spain
- 13 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 14 London hotel tax is 20%
- 15 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 16 Venice, Tuscany and CT in October
- 17 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 18 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 19 Sorrento Advice Please
- 20 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 21 Student Visa versus Residence Card
- 22 Mama Mia Italy!
- 23 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 24 Ireland or Scotland
- 25 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata