We're thinking of renting this apartment during our week-long stay in Paris:
It is in the 16th arrondissement, in the Mirabeau district. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on this area, both in general terms (how do you like it? Is it safe? etc.) and especially on how easy it is to get to more central areas and major sites. Will it take forever? I gather the area is pretty quiet, which I like, but I am concerned that it is too far out and will make getting to and fro and doing our tourist thang a pain in the butt.
We plan to rely solely on the metro, buses and our feet to get around, as we are too poor for taxis, so take this into consideration
Our goals for this trip are mainly to see the sights, eat some good food, relax, and wander!
There are other apartments we are looking at too, but this is our favorite so far, and also the cheapest (though not by a whole lot) that we have come across. But if you have other suggestions in this price range, feel free! (we'll go up to 400-ish euros!)
Lastly, right under the monthly rental price, it says minimum 6-month stay. Do you suppose this refers to only the monthly rate?
Thanks in advance! I'm finding this forum tremendously helpful!
Another Paris apartment rental question! Location: Mirabeau!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel with Teens
- 2 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 3 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 4 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 5 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 6 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 7 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 8 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 9 Rental car companies in Denizli & Antalya
- 10 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 11 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 12 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 13 What are the best places to see in England
- 14 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 15 Reims for a day
- 16 Indus Tours in Turkey
- 17 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 Estonia Amber
- 20 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 21 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 22 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 23 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 24 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 25 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY