We're thinking of renting this apartment during our week-long stay in Paris:
It is in the 16th arrondissement, in the Mirabeau district. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on this area, both in general terms (how do you like it? Is it safe? etc.) and especially on how easy it is to get to more central areas and major sites. Will it take forever? I gather the area is pretty quiet, which I like, but I am concerned that it is too far out and will make getting to and fro and doing our tourist thang a pain in the butt.
We plan to rely solely on the metro, buses and our feet to get around, as we are too poor for taxis, so take this into consideration
Our goals for this trip are mainly to see the sights, eat some good food, relax, and wander!
There are other apartments we are looking at too, but this is our favorite so far, and also the cheapest (though not by a whole lot) that we have come across. But if you have other suggestions in this price range, feel free! (we'll go up to 400-ish euros!)
Lastly, right under the monthly rental price, it says minimum 6-month stay. Do you suppose this refers to only the monthly rate?
Thanks in advance! I'm finding this forum tremendously helpful!
Another Paris apartment rental question! Location: Mirabeau!
- 1 What to Give to Host Family
- 2 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 3 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 4 Kids, drugs, and overnight flights...advice??!!
- 5 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 6 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 7 Driving through Europe
- 8 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 9 Getting the best our of Europe
- 10 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 11 Without a car in the Cote d'Azur
- 12 Rubles & A River...Yes, We are in Russia
- 13 7 days in Turkey - itinerary help please!
- 14 Palio Parking
- 15 Best way to get to national rail station for 7 day paper travel cards?
- 16 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 17 Oxford to Rye
- 18 Alacazar in Sevilla
- 19 restaurants suggestions for verona,venice,florence,and bologna?
- 20 Ideas 1 weeks in Croatia (in and out from Zagreb)
- 21 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 22 Rental Car Pick-Up near Beaune
- 23 Getting from Tuscany to Lauterbrunnen
- 24 italy itinerary for comments
- 25 Italy trains: how to prebook, please?