We're thinking of renting this apartment during our week-long stay in Paris:
It is in the 16th arrondissement, in the Mirabeau district. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on this area, both in general terms (how do you like it? Is it safe? etc.) and especially on how easy it is to get to more central areas and major sites. Will it take forever? I gather the area is pretty quiet, which I like, but I am concerned that it is too far out and will make getting to and fro and doing our tourist thang a pain in the butt.
We plan to rely solely on the metro, buses and our feet to get around, as we are too poor for taxis, so take this into consideration
Our goals for this trip are mainly to see the sights, eat some good food, relax, and wander!
There are other apartments we are looking at too, but this is our favorite so far, and also the cheapest (though not by a whole lot) that we have come across. But if you have other suggestions in this price range, feel free! (we'll go up to 400-ish euros!)
Lastly, right under the monthly rental price, it says minimum 6-month stay. Do you suppose this refers to only the monthly rate?
Thanks in advance! I'm finding this forum tremendously helpful!
Another Paris apartment rental question! Location: Mirabeau!
- 1 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 2 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 3 Barcelona Transfers
- 4 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 5 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 6 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 7 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 8 Ireland in a week
- 9 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 10 Spain - Andalucia
- 11 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 12 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 13 TGV and Provence questions
- 14 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 15 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 16 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 17 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 18 2 Week European Itinerary
- 19 Chambermaid tipping
- 20 Channel Islands
- 21 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 22 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 23 Car in Prague
- 24 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 25 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?