Not sure if anyone can help . . . this is a decision that only I can make. It's a win/win decision, so the stakes aren't very high.
But I could use some additional insight; plus, it might help me make up my mind if I write it all out and see it in front of me.
So, here it is: I am having difficulty deciding between two wonderful, gorgeous apartments in Paris for a stay of 2 weeks. Both are with what you might call upscale vendors/managers, and both offer very high levels of service. Both have great views (which is very important to me). One is in the 7th and one is in the 4th.
I've been dreaming about staying in the 7th, so that is really drawing me. However, the apartment in the 4th is much more charming imo, plus it offers a Nespresso and a washer/drier (which the apartment in the 7th doesn't, though there is a laundromat nearby).
Cost isn't a factor in this decision. Also, I've lived in Paris and visited many times over the years, so I know how easy it is to use the busses & metro to get around. I guess this is really a question of ambiance -- I long to experience the genteel neighborhood of the 7th, but I equally long for the sweetness of the apartment in the 4th. So, should I go for the neighborhood I want or the apartment I want?
I welcome your insights and comments -- hope someone here will say something magic that will help me decide.
Thanks all --
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 3 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 4 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 7 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 8 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 9 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 12 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 13 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 14 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 15 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 16 Planning A trip
- 17 Driving through Paris
- 18 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 21 Bruges
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 24 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 25 First - but not last - trip to Greece