Not sure if anyone can help . . . this is a decision that only I can make. It's a win/win decision, so the stakes aren't very high.
But I could use some additional insight; plus, it might help me make up my mind if I write it all out and see it in front of me.
So, here it is: I am having difficulty deciding between two wonderful, gorgeous apartments in Paris for a stay of 2 weeks. Both are with what you might call upscale vendors/managers, and both offer very high levels of service. Both have great views (which is very important to me). One is in the 7th and one is in the 4th.
I've been dreaming about staying in the 7th, so that is really drawing me. However, the apartment in the 4th is much more charming imo, plus it offers a Nespresso and a washer/drier (which the apartment in the 7th doesn't, though there is a laundromat nearby).
Cost isn't a factor in this decision. Also, I've lived in Paris and visited many times over the years, so I know how easy it is to use the busses & metro to get around. I guess this is really a question of ambiance -- I long to experience the genteel neighborhood of the 7th, but I equally long for the sweetness of the apartment in the 4th. So, should I go for the neighborhood I want or the apartment I want?
I welcome your insights and comments -- hope someone here will say something magic that will help me decide.
Thanks all --
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 Bernina Express mid-March
- 4 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 where to stay in London?
- 7 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 8 vienna
- 9 4 days itinerary for France
- 10 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 11 Questions about Polish sights
- 12 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 13 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 14 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 15 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 16 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 17 Juangfrau / mt
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 25 Railpass or point-to-point tickets