Inspite of reading all the info on Oyster cards and Travel cards I am still confused.
We are in London for 6 days end of June .We are 2 adults and 2 children aged 13 and 7.
What i have understood is ,we need to get 7 day travel cards zones 1-2(to avail the 2 for 1 offers) for the 3 of us as well as oyster PAYG cards.The 13 yr old gets a chidren Zip oyster card that entails her to free bus travel n reduced travel rates on tube but I should appy for it min 4 weeks before the travel date.The 7 yr old travels free.
Have i got this right? We are taking an early train to Edinburgh on the 7th day so If i buy the offpeak travel card ,will i be able to use it .or is it better I buy anytime travel cards.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Late June 2017 - Capri/Amalfi Coast vs Serengeti Safari
- 2 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 3 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 4 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 5 Dublin Ireland Advice Needed
- 6 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 7 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 8 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 9 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 10 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 11 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 12 Car service of choice in Rome? Uber?
- 13 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 14 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 15 Where to go in March??
- 16 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 17 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 18 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 19 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 20 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 21 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 22 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 23 please revew provence agenda
- 24 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 25 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy