Inspite of reading all the info on Oyster cards and Travel cards I am still confused.
We are in London for 6 days end of June .We are 2 adults and 2 children aged 13 and 7.
What i have understood is ,we need to get 7 day travel cards zones 1-2(to avail the 2 for 1 offers) for the 3 of us as well as oyster PAYG cards.The 13 yr old gets a chidren Zip oyster card that entails her to free bus travel n reduced travel rates on tube but I should appy for it min 4 weeks before the travel date.The 7 yr old travels free.
Have i got this right? We are taking an early train to Edinburgh on the 7th day so If i buy the offpeak travel card ,will i be able to use it .or is it better I buy anytime travel cards.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 2 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 3 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 4 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 5 Venice
- 6 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 7 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 8 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 9 London 2For1 question
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 11 Fastest travel from Malpensa to Port of Genoa
- 12 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 13 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 14 7 days in Greece
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 17 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 18 Another Book List for Italy
- 19 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 20 Last night in Sweden
- 21 Best Itinerary for 15 Days?
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 24 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 25 charming cities in Spain