Inspite of reading all the info on Oyster cards and Travel cards I am still confused.
We are in London for 6 days end of June .We are 2 adults and 2 children aged 13 and 7.
What i have understood is ,we need to get 7 day travel cards zones 1-2(to avail the 2 for 1 offers) for the 3 of us as well as oyster PAYG cards.The 13 yr old gets a chidren Zip oyster card that entails her to free bus travel n reduced travel rates on tube but I should appy for it min 4 weeks before the travel date.The 7 yr old travels free.
Have i got this right? We are taking an early train to Edinburgh on the 7th day so If i buy the offpeak travel card ,will i be able to use it .or is it better I buy anytime travel cards.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 House Hunting in France
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 5 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 6 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 7 Itinerary Tweaking
- 8 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 11 Ireland in April
- 12 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 13 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 16 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 17 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 18 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 19 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 20 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 21 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 22 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 23 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 24 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 25 3-4 days Netherland trip