Inspite of reading all the info on Oyster cards and Travel cards I am still confused.
We are in London for 6 days end of June .We are 2 adults and 2 children aged 13 and 7.
What i have understood is ,we need to get 7 day travel cards zones 1-2(to avail the 2 for 1 offers) for the 3 of us as well as oyster PAYG cards.The 13 yr old gets a chidren Zip oyster card that entails her to free bus travel n reduced travel rates on tube but I should appy for it min 4 weeks before the travel date.The 7 yr old travels free.
Have i got this right? We are taking an early train to Edinburgh on the 7th day so If i buy the offpeak travel card ,will i be able to use it .or is it better I buy anytime travel cards.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is 2hr25m layover enough to collect and recheck baggage?
- 2 Italy trains question
- 3 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 4 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 5 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 6 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 7 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 8 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 9 Iceland in July
- 10 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 11 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 12 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 13 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 14 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 15 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 16 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 17 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 18 Le Marche, Italy
- 19 Seville Itinerary
- 20 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 21 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 22 La Cite du Vin, has anyone visited ?
- 23 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 24 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 25 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?