I am trying to finalize my itinerary for my solo trip in November. I will be leaving on the 7th and returning on the 26th. I have booked my tickets between the cities I will be visiting. I will be travelling by train in Italy and flying between the other cities.
Here is the rough draft:
*** I am use to the rain and cold weather. I did my last trip in December over Christmas and New Years. I honestly enjoy just strolling around and taking everything in.
- Nov.7th - Leave Vancouver - 8:45PM
- Nov.8th- Arrive Rome - 7:35 PM
- This night will obviously be a write off.
- Trevi Fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Piazza Navonna
- Coliseum/Roman Forum
- Piazza Venezia
- Colle del Giancolo
- Borghese Gallery
-Nov.13th- LEAVE ROME 10:00AM/ ARRIVE FLORENCE 12PM
- Nov.13th- Half day
- Ponte Vecchio
- Piazza Santo Spirito
- Piazzale Michelangelo
- Palazzo Vecchio
- Piazza della Signoria
- After that OPEN....
- Nov.16th- LEAVE FLORENCE 9:30AM/ ARRIVE VENICE 11:35
*** RUSHED I KNOW
- Nov.16th- Half day
- St. Marks.. Square and Museum
- Ponte di Rialto
- Nov.18th- LEAVE VENICE 12:50PM/ ARRIVE PARIS 2:40 PM
*** Was in Paris on my last trip for a week, doing things I didn’t get to do last time.
- Night Tour? If not will go see Eiffel Tower (don’t judge) and take a stroll somewhere
- Musee D'Orsay
- Notre Dame (walk up to the tower)
- DAY TRIP UNDECIDED- Fontainebleau, smaller town...? I went to Versailles already but kind of want to go back...
- Musee de l'Orangerie
- Seine Cruise
- Galleries Lafayette
- Nov.23th- LEAVE PARIS 12:35PM/ ARRIVE AMSTERDAM 1:50PM
- Nov.23th - half day
- Canal Cruise
- Leiden Square
- Red Light District (I’ve read previous threads on this forum and I don’t need to hear about the exploitation of women.)
- Anne Frank House
- Van Gogh Museum
- Rambrandt Plein
I know I have free time marked down in almost every city! I would love some suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 2 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 3 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 4 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 5 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 6 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 7 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 8 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 9 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 12 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 13 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 14 Cell Phone Question
- 15 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 16 Greek Islands (small)
- 17 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 18 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 23 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 24 Help required with Itinerary
- 25 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?