I am trying to finalize my itinerary for my solo trip in November. I will be leaving on the 7th and returning on the 26th. I have booked my tickets between the cities I will be visiting. I will be travelling by train in Italy and flying between the other cities.
Here is the rough draft:
*** I am use to the rain and cold weather. I did my last trip in December over Christmas and New Years. I honestly enjoy just strolling around and taking everything in.
- Nov.7th - Leave Vancouver - 8:45PM
- Nov.8th- Arrive Rome - 7:35 PM
- This night will obviously be a write off.
- Trevi Fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Piazza Navonna
- Coliseum/Roman Forum
- Piazza Venezia
- Colle del Giancolo
- Borghese Gallery
-Nov.13th- LEAVE ROME 10:00AM/ ARRIVE FLORENCE 12PM
- Nov.13th- Half day
- Ponte Vecchio
- Piazza Santo Spirito
- Piazzale Michelangelo
- Palazzo Vecchio
- Piazza della Signoria
- After that OPEN....
- Nov.16th- LEAVE FLORENCE 9:30AM/ ARRIVE VENICE 11:35
*** RUSHED I KNOW
- Nov.16th- Half day
- St. Marks.. Square and Museum
- Ponte di Rialto
- Nov.18th- LEAVE VENICE 12:50PM/ ARRIVE PARIS 2:40 PM
*** Was in Paris on my last trip for a week, doing things I didn’t get to do last time.
- Night Tour? If not will go see Eiffel Tower (don’t judge) and take a stroll somewhere
- Musee D'Orsay
- Notre Dame (walk up to the tower)
- DAY TRIP UNDECIDED- Fontainebleau, smaller town...? I went to Versailles already but kind of want to go back...
- Musee de l'Orangerie
- Seine Cruise
- Galleries Lafayette
- Nov.23th- LEAVE PARIS 12:35PM/ ARRIVE AMSTERDAM 1:50PM
- Nov.23th - half day
- Canal Cruise
- Leiden Square
- Red Light District (I’ve read previous threads on this forum and I don’t need to hear about the exploitation of women.)
- Anne Frank House
- Van Gogh Museum
- Rambrandt Plein
I know I have free time marked down in almost every city! I would love some suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France: "Fines Herbes" Include Dandelions?
- 2 Itinerary recommendation (Germany, Hungary, Austria and Switzerland)
- 3 Dubrovnik area
- 4 Italy in August
- 5 Berlin or Budapest?
- 6 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 7 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 8 Taking wine home from France
- 9 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 10 2 nights in Cinque Terre
- 11 1st Time in Europe
- 12 Trips to include in Paris/Amsterdam visit
- 13 Spending money
- 14 Destination wedding venue suggestions Tuscany or No Italy
- 15 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 16 One Week France, Mid Oct, after Paris
- 17 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 18 September in Switzerland
- 19 Palace of the Popes
- 20 Traveling alone to France, Netherlands and Germany!
- 21 Italy-Switz family of 6: June 2015
- 22 buying Eruos in advance
- 23 Shopping in Paris
- 24 Spain and Beyond - Part Three
- 25 Who has used their iPad and sim card?