I am trying to finalize my itinerary for my solo trip in November. I will be leaving on the 7th and returning on the 26th. I have booked my tickets between the cities I will be visiting. I will be travelling by train in Italy and flying between the other cities.
Here is the rough draft:
*** I am use to the rain and cold weather. I did my last trip in December over Christmas and New Years. I honestly enjoy just strolling around and taking everything in.
- Nov.7th - Leave Vancouver - 8:45PM
- Nov.8th- Arrive Rome - 7:35 PM
- This night will obviously be a write off.
- Trevi Fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Piazza Navonna
- Coliseum/Roman Forum
- Piazza Venezia
- Colle del Giancolo
- Borghese Gallery
-Nov.13th- LEAVE ROME 10:00AM/ ARRIVE FLORENCE 12PM
- Nov.13th- Half day
- Ponte Vecchio
- Piazza Santo Spirito
- Piazzale Michelangelo
- Palazzo Vecchio
- Piazza della Signoria
- After that OPEN....
- Nov.16th- LEAVE FLORENCE 9:30AM/ ARRIVE VENICE 11:35
*** RUSHED I KNOW
- Nov.16th- Half day
- St. Marks.. Square and Museum
- Ponte di Rialto
- Nov.18th- LEAVE VENICE 12:50PM/ ARRIVE PARIS 2:40 PM
*** Was in Paris on my last trip for a week, doing things I didn’t get to do last time.
- Night Tour? If not will go see Eiffel Tower (don’t judge) and take a stroll somewhere
- Musee D'Orsay
- Notre Dame (walk up to the tower)
- DAY TRIP UNDECIDED- Fontainebleau, smaller town...? I went to Versailles already but kind of want to go back...
- Musee de l'Orangerie
- Seine Cruise
- Galleries Lafayette
- Nov.23th- LEAVE PARIS 12:35PM/ ARRIVE AMSTERDAM 1:50PM
- Nov.23th - half day
- Canal Cruise
- Leiden Square
- Red Light District (I’ve read previous threads on this forum and I don’t need to hear about the exploitation of women.)
- Anne Frank House
- Van Gogh Museum
- Rambrandt Plein
I know I have free time marked down in almost every city! I would love some suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France to stop making foie grois
- 2 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 3 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 4 Prague on a budget...
- 5 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 6 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 7 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 8 First trip - destination advice!
- 9 How big backpack do I need?
- 10 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 11 Driving in Portual/Spain
- 12 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 13 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 14 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 15 Stonehenge and Bath
- 16 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 17 Munich Under Attack...
- 18 Homeaway/Owners Direct New contract
- 19 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 20 From Genoa to Rome...
- 21 Greece Itinerary
- 22 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 23 Spain in November
- 24 3 Days in Naples...
- 25 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?