I am trying to finalize my itinerary for my solo trip in November. I will be leaving on the 7th and returning on the 26th. I have booked my tickets between the cities I will be visiting. I will be travelling by train in Italy and flying between the other cities.
Here is the rough draft:
*** I am use to the rain and cold weather. I did my last trip in December over Christmas and New Years. I honestly enjoy just strolling around and taking everything in.
- Nov.7th - Leave Vancouver - 8:45PM
- Nov.8th- Arrive Rome - 7:35 PM
- This night will obviously be a write off.
- Trevi Fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Piazza Navonna
- Coliseum/Roman Forum
- Piazza Venezia
- Colle del Giancolo
- Borghese Gallery
-Nov.13th- LEAVE ROME 10:00AM/ ARRIVE FLORENCE 12PM
- Nov.13th- Half day
- Ponte Vecchio
- Piazza Santo Spirito
- Piazzale Michelangelo
- Palazzo Vecchio
- Piazza della Signoria
- After that OPEN....
- Nov.16th- LEAVE FLORENCE 9:30AM/ ARRIVE VENICE 11:35
*** RUSHED I KNOW
- Nov.16th- Half day
- St. Marks.. Square and Museum
- Ponte di Rialto
- Nov.18th- LEAVE VENICE 12:50PM/ ARRIVE PARIS 2:40 PM
*** Was in Paris on my last trip for a week, doing things I didn’t get to do last time.
- Night Tour? If not will go see Eiffel Tower (don’t judge) and take a stroll somewhere
- Musee D'Orsay
- Notre Dame (walk up to the tower)
- DAY TRIP UNDECIDED- Fontainebleau, smaller town...? I went to Versailles already but kind of want to go back...
- Musee de l'Orangerie
- Seine Cruise
- Galleries Lafayette
- Nov.23th- LEAVE PARIS 12:35PM/ ARRIVE AMSTERDAM 1:50PM
- Nov.23th - half day
- Canal Cruise
- Leiden Square
- Red Light District (I’ve read previous threads on this forum and I don’t need to hear about the exploitation of women.)
- Anne Frank House
- Van Gogh Museum
- Rambrandt Plein
I know I have free time marked down in almost every city! I would love some suggestions.
Another Itinerary- Please help with suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Site List Triage -
- 2 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 3 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 4 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 5 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 6 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 7 London and Where Else in late December?
- 8 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 9 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 10 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 11 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 12 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 13 Driving from Delphi to Nafplion
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 16 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 17 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 18 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 19 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 20 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 21 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 22 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 23 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 24 Southern Ireland Help
- 25 Bologna tips