I am trying to finalize my itinerary for my solo trip in November. I will be leaving on the 7th and returning on the 26th. I have booked my tickets between the cities I will be visiting. I will be travelling by train in Italy and flying between the other cities.
Here is the rough draft:
*** I am use to the rain and cold weather. I did my last trip in December over Christmas and New Years. I honestly enjoy just strolling around and taking everything in.
- Nov.7th - Leave Vancouver - 8:45PM
- Nov.8th- Arrive Rome - 7:35 PM
- This night will obviously be a write off.
- Trevi Fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Piazza Navonna
- Coliseum/Roman Forum
- Piazza Venezia
- Colle del Giancolo
- Borghese Gallery
-Nov.13th- LEAVE ROME 10:00AM/ ARRIVE FLORENCE 12PM
- Nov.13th- Half day
- Ponte Vecchio
- Piazza Santo Spirito
- Piazzale Michelangelo
- Palazzo Vecchio
- Piazza della Signoria
- After that OPEN....
- Nov.16th- LEAVE FLORENCE 9:30AM/ ARRIVE VENICE 11:35
*** RUSHED I KNOW
- Nov.16th- Half day
- St. Marks.. Square and Museum
- Ponte di Rialto
- Nov.18th- LEAVE VENICE 12:50PM/ ARRIVE PARIS 2:40 PM
*** Was in Paris on my last trip for a week, doing things I didn’t get to do last time.
- Night Tour? If not will go see Eiffel Tower (don’t judge) and take a stroll somewhere
- Musee D'Orsay
- Notre Dame (walk up to the tower)
- DAY TRIP UNDECIDED- Fontainebleau, smaller town...? I went to Versailles already but kind of want to go back...
- Musee de l'Orangerie
- Seine Cruise
- Galleries Lafayette
- Nov.23th- LEAVE PARIS 12:35PM/ ARRIVE AMSTERDAM 1:50PM
- Nov.23th - half day
- Canal Cruise
- Leiden Square
- Red Light District (I’ve read previous threads on this forum and I don’t need to hear about the exploitation of women.)
- Anne Frank House
- Van Gogh Museum
- Rambrandt Plein
I know I have free time marked down in almost every city! I would love some suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 T Mobile Extends High Speed Data
- 2 Munich hotel near the Christmas Village late November
- 3 Day trips from Marseilles
- 4 Flying into Dublin have 10 days to explore Europe
- 5 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 6 Excess insurance
- 7 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 8 Airfare from Los Angeles to London Heathrow on Air New Zealand
- 9 Best Sequence for Venice>Vernazza>Florence/Sorrento ?
- 10 Ireland Itinerary: Too Much Driving?
- 11 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 12 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 13 Croatia in 7 days
- 14 RHK's Fall escape
- 15 Need help in travel planning
- 16 London: Battle of the badges
- 17 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 18 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 19 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 20 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 21 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 22 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 23 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 24 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 25 Just booked Athens & Santorini