I am trying to finalize my itinerary for my solo trip in November. I will be leaving on the 7th and returning on the 26th. I have booked my tickets between the cities I will be visiting. I will be travelling by train in Italy and flying between the other cities.
Here is the rough draft:
*** I am use to the rain and cold weather. I did my last trip in December over Christmas and New Years. I honestly enjoy just strolling around and taking everything in.
- Nov.7th - Leave Vancouver - 8:45PM
- Nov.8th- Arrive Rome - 7:35 PM
- This night will obviously be a write off.
- Trevi Fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Piazza Navonna
- Coliseum/Roman Forum
- Piazza Venezia
- Colle del Giancolo
- Borghese Gallery
-Nov.13th- LEAVE ROME 10:00AM/ ARRIVE FLORENCE 12PM
- Nov.13th- Half day
- Ponte Vecchio
- Piazza Santo Spirito
- Piazzale Michelangelo
- Palazzo Vecchio
- Piazza della Signoria
- After that OPEN....
- Nov.16th- LEAVE FLORENCE 9:30AM/ ARRIVE VENICE 11:35
*** RUSHED I KNOW
- Nov.16th- Half day
- St. Marks.. Square and Museum
- Ponte di Rialto
- Nov.18th- LEAVE VENICE 12:50PM/ ARRIVE PARIS 2:40 PM
*** Was in Paris on my last trip for a week, doing things I didn’t get to do last time.
- Night Tour? If not will go see Eiffel Tower (don’t judge) and take a stroll somewhere
- Musee D'Orsay
- Notre Dame (walk up to the tower)
- DAY TRIP UNDECIDED- Fontainebleau, smaller town...? I went to Versailles already but kind of want to go back...
- Musee de l'Orangerie
- Seine Cruise
- Galleries Lafayette
- Nov.23th- LEAVE PARIS 12:35PM/ ARRIVE AMSTERDAM 1:50PM
- Nov.23th - half day
- Canal Cruise
- Leiden Square
- Red Light District (I’ve read previous threads on this forum and I don’t need to hear about the exploitation of women.)
- Anne Frank House
- Van Gogh Museum
- Rambrandt Plein
I know I have free time marked down in almost every city! I would love some suggestions.
Another Itinerary- Please help with suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France in 2003
- 2 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 3 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 4 Maratea
- 5 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 6 2 different itineraries
- 7 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 8 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 9 10 Day trip and want to see Rome - Florence - Cinque Terre - Venice
- 10 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 11 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 14 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 15 Home Base in Belgium
- 16 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 17 Now for the Venice hotel
- 18 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 19 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 20 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?
- 21 Arles as a base?
- 22 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 23 My Camino de Santiago
- 24 Rocamaxour
- 25 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland