This is just a just-in-case scenario ...in case our tour of england falls through because of lack of numbers
We are happy to explore London for seven days on our own (daughter and i are going in late Feb) but as time ticks on we are getting a tad worried that our six day tour from London up to Edinburgh wont go ahead,
So my question is:
Where should we base ourselves in order to explore the centre and north?
We have six days..not a lot but were hoping to see York in which case...where could we stay that would enable us to visit other places within a doable radius?
We love history and scenery.
Im thinking that after our week in London we could catch the train up to York..get up to Edinburgh ( maybe) then head down south again...Chesters looks nice but maybe we need a bigger city from where we could get daily coach tours/train
Alternatively..I am prepared to hire a car ....get back to Heathrow and drive out of London that way? I can drive on the left-side of the road ...will get a gps and am willing to pay extra for a guaranteed automatic transmission
Any thoughts? two good bases perhaps...car vs rail?
thanks so much for any info!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in July
- 2 Another tipping question: concierges
- 3 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 4 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 5 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 6 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 7 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 Acorn TV
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 12 Petrol in Greece
- 13 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 14 We're here!
- 15 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 16 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 19 6-7 Days in France
- 20 International Flight Question
- 21 5 Days in Switzerland
- 22 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 23 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 Honeymoon on a Budget