This Is my first post on Fodor's. My husband and I are taking a week long trip to Germany the first of June for our 15th wedding anniversary. He lived in Germany for 3 years as a young teen when his dad was stationed at Ramstein. We are flying into Frankfurt. Our plan is
Day 1-land in Frankfurt around 10:30am, collect our things, rent a car, and head down to Rothenburg ODT. We will spend the afternoon/evening exploring.
Day2-Morning in Rothenburg, drive to Munich. Check into hotel, go to Marienplatz to explore and dinner at Hofbrauhaus, a long time dream!
Day 3-Drive to Garmisch area, hotel will be here for next two nights, stopping along the way at Bertchesgaden and some lakes, hopefully take cable car up Zugspitze.
Day 4-Visit Neuschwanstein and possibly Castle Hoehnschwangau, time permitting see Tegelberg
Day 5-drive to Black Forest exploring along the way. We will be looking for a cuckoo clock here, any suggestions on towns that would have the best selections and prices? Check into B&B
Day 6-Do some hiking in Black Forest. Suggestions on areas here would be great. I saw info about Hasselhorn Tobaggan, may try that out, it looks fun. Are the Triberg waterfalls worth going to? We will be staying at Haus Erika in Wieden. Also, this is our anniversary night, does anyone have any recommendations in the area for a nice dinner. We would prefer German fare, that's part of the reason for going to Germany after all!
Day 7-driving through Ramstein area to see where my husband spent a few years of his life, exploring for a few hours, then staying in Frankfurt before our 8am flight back home the next day.
We are early risers, and I know that we will only get to touch the surface of most of the places we are visiting, but does this sound feasible? My husband wants to show me so much, he actually had more planned that I recommended, after reading on here, to cut out. Thank you for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 2 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 3 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 4 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 5 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 6 Munich itinerary review
- 7 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 8 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 9 Football Tickets - Athens
- 10 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 11 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 12 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 13 Last minute trip to Capri
- 14 3nights in Venice
- 15 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 16 Earthquake near Naples
- 17 Budapest to Kosice
- 18 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 19 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 20 Paris in November
- 21 My 3 days in Venice
- 22 multi city flights to europe
- 23 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 24 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 25 One week in Europe