This Is my first post on Fodor's. My husband and I are taking a week long trip to Germany the first of June for our 15th wedding anniversary. He lived in Germany for 3 years as a young teen when his dad was stationed at Ramstein. We are flying into Frankfurt. Our plan is
Day 1-land in Frankfurt around 10:30am, collect our things, rent a car, and head down to Rothenburg ODT. We will spend the afternoon/evening exploring.
Day2-Morning in Rothenburg, drive to Munich. Check into hotel, go to Marienplatz to explore and dinner at Hofbrauhaus, a long time dream!
Day 3-Drive to Garmisch area, hotel will be here for next two nights, stopping along the way at Bertchesgaden and some lakes, hopefully take cable car up Zugspitze.
Day 4-Visit Neuschwanstein and possibly Castle Hoehnschwangau, time permitting see Tegelberg
Day 5-drive to Black Forest exploring along the way. We will be looking for a cuckoo clock here, any suggestions on towns that would have the best selections and prices? Check into B&B
Day 6-Do some hiking in Black Forest. Suggestions on areas here would be great. I saw info about Hasselhorn Tobaggan, may try that out, it looks fun. Are the Triberg waterfalls worth going to? We will be staying at Haus Erika in Wieden. Also, this is our anniversary night, does anyone have any recommendations in the area for a nice dinner. We would prefer German fare, that's part of the reason for going to Germany after all!
Day 7-driving through Ramstein area to see where my husband spent a few years of his life, exploring for a few hours, then staying in Frankfurt before our 8am flight back home the next day.
We are early risers, and I know that we will only get to touch the surface of most of the places we are visiting, but does this sound feasible? My husband wants to show me so much, he actually had more planned that I recommended, after reading on here, to cut out. Thank you for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 2 Frankfurt to UK
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 God Save the Queen?
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 7 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 8 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 17 Spanish Medical Providers
- 18 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 19 Paris to Italy
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 22 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 23 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 24 Road trip with our dog
- 25 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please