I had an earlier post about this when I was looking at all my options for getting back to Paris on the TGV after leaving Chamonix. I've narrowed it to laving from either Lyon or Annecy, and based on our needs, train schedules, travel time, etc... a case can be made for either location. Is one station or drop off (Europcar) easier to get to than the other?
Here's a quick pro/con... I think we're leaning towards leaving from Annecy (Kerouac said this one's especially easy to get into)... unless I've missed something.
1) Leaving from Annecy—4 hour train ride
--Pro: Only 1.5 hour drive from Chamonix; makes an easier overall journey to Paris.
--Con: Only 1 direct TGV that works for our plans, leaving Annecy at 12:30---so we can't miss this train. (Anything later than that will put us in Paris after 6pm... and we have plans at 5pm in Paris that really can't be changed.)
--Con: Europcar closes for lunch at 12... so we'll have to pad our driving time and arrive well before noon to be sure we get the car returned.
--A Potential Pro: if we have an hour or two to wait in Annecy, could we walk from the station to the Vieille Ville? (We each have only one small carry-on roller.) Would that be silly to try? It'll be our only chance to see Annecy this trip.
2) Leaving from Lyon—2 hour train ride
--Con: The drive to Lyon from Chamonix is about 3 hours (according to ViaMichelin).
--Pro: The TGVs from Lyon run hourly, all day... which is handy if we hit traffic and miss our train for some unforseen reason. (I like having options.)
--Pro: The Europcar desk is open during lunch; so no limits on our arrival time in Lyon.
--Con: Not much to do except wait once we're at the station (i.e. if we did arrive there really early)
If we're able to wander through Annecy, then it's an especially seems strong option. Even without walking through Annecy, it's appealing to only have a 1.5 hour drive from Chamonix. But then again, I hate only have one option in case of a road closure, traffic, etc.
Am I missing any other considerations for these two options?
Any tips for getting into either station? (I'll have Via Michelin or Google Maps for the real-time navigation.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 아시아카지노≤≈✯《 DO428.ZE.AM 》✯≈≥【슈퍼카지노】
- 2 지존포커온라인♡／>【 GO428.ZZ.AM 】>／♡【지존포커온라인】
- 3 라이브룰렛/」⋟☆ 【 GO428.ZZ.AM 】☆ ⋞「/라이브룰렛라이브룰렛
- 4 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 5 아시안카지노α／♮【 808OK。COM 】♮／α슈퍼카지노아시안카지노
- 6 블랙잭카운팅/」⋟♫【 GO428.ZZ.AM 】♫⋞「/블랙잭카운팅블랙잭카운팅
- 7 인터넷블랙잭✿／>【 GO428.ZZ.AM 】>／✿【인터넷블랙잭】
- 8 헬로우카지노≤≈ღ《 DO428.ZE.AM 》ღ≈≥【슈퍼카지노】
- 9 핼로카지노α／❦【 808OK。COM 】❦／α슈퍼카지노핼로카지노
- 10 블랙잭용어/」⋟❅【 GO428.ZZ.AM 】❅⋞「/블랙잭용어블랙잭용어
- 11 로얄카지노≤≈❣《 DO428.ZE.AM 》❣≈≥【슈퍼카지노】
- 12 실시간블랙잭❀／>【 GO428.ZZ.AM 】>／❀【실시간블랙잭】
- 13 로얄카지노≤≈♥《 DO428.ZE.AM 》♥≈≥【슈퍼카지노】
- 14 온라인블랙잭/」⋟❁【 GO428.ZZ.AM 】❁⋞「/온라인블랙잭온라인블랙잭
- 15 스타카지노α／♀【 808OK。COM 】♀／α슈퍼카지노스타카지노
- 16 생중계블랙잭★／>【 GO428.ZZ.AM 】>／★【생중계블랙잭】
- 17 Paris hotels
- 18 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 19 나인카지노≤≈✡《 DO428.ZE.AM 》✡≈≥【슈퍼카지노】
- 20 라이브블랙잭/」⋟✿【 GO428.ZZ.AM 】✿⋞「/라이브블랙잭라이브블랙잭
- 21 타짜카지노≤≈⌘《 DO428.ZE.AM 》⌘≈≥【슈퍼카지노】
- 22 Roma Pass
- 23 Trek through Eur
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 Budapest in December 2017