Thanks to all the previous posters - wealth of information, and based on what I've read, here's our proposed itinerary for middle of June, need some help to fill in the activities and confirm which train station we should go, and make sure this is doable. We only have one night to spend in the region - wish we had more, but it is what it is - so we are trying to get the most of it before we go to Lyon for an appointment and then fly back to the US. We are a married couple, both under 40. Considered Brive, but we really want to see Brantome, so either Limoges or Angouleme works better, plus car rental options are more as well.
Day 1 Wednesday
Paris to Limoges or Angouleme by train, pick up rental car
Angouleme - better departure time from Paris, plus we get to ride the TGV, but station car rental will be closed when we get there so will need to go to town. Google Maps indicates 8 minutes To Europcar rental office -is it feasible to get a taxi? Or would taking the rental from Limoges be the better option? Distance-wise seems about the same.
Drive to Brantome - picnic lunch. Rent canoe? See the abbey from outside.
I am grateful to StuDudley for his wonderfully detailed Dordogne information, and we will plan to follow his scenic drive between Brantôme and Bourdeilles. Walk and see from outside.
Then try to see Periguex - thoughts?
Drive to Domme, stay/dinner at hotel
Day 2 Thursday - pretty open - just need to reach Lyon by 8pm
Sarlat and market?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quizz !
- 2 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 5 Pay attention to your watches !
- 6 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 7 car insurance italy
- 8 Christmas Day in Granada
- 9 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 10 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 11 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 12 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Venice/Mestre
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 9 Days in Spain
- 19 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 20 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 21 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 22 8 Days in Spain
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 25 Italy Car Scam