Thanks to all the previous posters - wealth of information, and based on what I've read, here's our proposed itinerary for middle of June, need some help to fill in the activities and confirm which train station we should go, and make sure this is doable. We only have one night to spend in the region - wish we had more, but it is what it is - so we are trying to get the most of it before we go to Lyon for an appointment and then fly back to the US. We are a married couple, both under 40. Considered Brive, but we really want to see Brantome, so either Limoges or Angouleme works better, plus car rental options are more as well.
Day 1 Wednesday
Paris to Limoges or Angouleme by train, pick up rental car
Angouleme - better departure time from Paris, plus we get to ride the TGV, but station car rental will be closed when we get there so will need to go to town. Google Maps indicates 8 minutes To Europcar rental office -is it feasible to get a taxi? Or would taking the rental from Limoges be the better option? Distance-wise seems about the same.
Drive to Brantome - picnic lunch. Rent canoe? See the abbey from outside.
I am grateful to StuDudley for his wonderfully detailed Dordogne information, and we will plan to follow his scenic drive between Brantôme and Bourdeilles. Walk and see from outside.
Then try to see Periguex - thoughts?
Drive to Domme, stay/dinner at hotel
Day 2 Thursday - pretty open - just need to reach Lyon by 8pm
Sarlat and market?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YIKES!
- 2 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 3 Cash machines ATM
- 4 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 5 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 6 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 7 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
- 8 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 9 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 10 Turin, Bologna or Genoa
- 11 Charming areas to explore in London
- 12 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 13 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 14 Final Four
- 15 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 16 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 17 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 18 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 19 Getting around Lisbon
- 20 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 23 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 24 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 25 Itinerary help