Thanks to all the previous posters - wealth of information, and based on what I've read, here's our proposed itinerary for middle of June, need some help to fill in the activities and confirm which train station we should go, and make sure this is doable. We only have one night to spend in the region - wish we had more, but it is what it is - so we are trying to get the most of it before we go to Lyon for an appointment and then fly back to the US. We are a married couple, both under 40. Considered Brive, but we really want to see Brantome, so either Limoges or Angouleme works better, plus car rental options are more as well.
Day 1 Wednesday
Paris to Limoges or Angouleme by train, pick up rental car
Angouleme - better departure time from Paris, plus we get to ride the TGV, but station car rental will be closed when we get there so will need to go to town. Google Maps indicates 8 minutes To Europcar rental office -is it feasible to get a taxi? Or would taking the rental from Limoges be the better option? Distance-wise seems about the same.
Drive to Brantome - picnic lunch. Rent canoe? See the abbey from outside.
I am grateful to StuDudley for his wonderfully detailed Dordogne information, and we will plan to follow his scenic drive between Brantôme and Bourdeilles. Walk and see from outside.
Then try to see Periguex - thoughts?
Drive to Domme, stay/dinner at hotel
Day 2 Thursday - pretty open - just need to reach Lyon by 8pm
Sarlat and market?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba Overnight?
- 2 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 3 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 4 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 5 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 6 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 7 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 8 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 9 Dublin Leap Card
- 10 vegetarian in spain
- 11 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 12 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 13 Rec for carryon bag - European sized
- 14 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 15 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 16 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 17 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 18 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 19 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 20 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 21 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 22 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 24 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 25 10 days Berner Oberland, Lake Geneva. Chamonix, yes or no