Thanks to all the previous posters - wealth of information, and based on what I've read, here's our proposed itinerary for middle of June, need some help to fill in the activities and confirm which train station we should go, and make sure this is doable. We only have one night to spend in the region - wish we had more, but it is what it is - so we are trying to get the most of it before we go to Lyon for an appointment and then fly back to the US. We are a married couple, both under 40. Considered Brive, but we really want to see Brantome, so either Limoges or Angouleme works better, plus car rental options are more as well.
Day 1 Wednesday
Paris to Limoges or Angouleme by train, pick up rental car
Angouleme - better departure time from Paris, plus we get to ride the TGV, but station car rental will be closed when we get there so will need to go to town. Google Maps indicates 8 minutes To Europcar rental office -is it feasible to get a taxi? Or would taking the rental from Limoges be the better option? Distance-wise seems about the same.
Drive to Brantome - picnic lunch. Rent canoe? See the abbey from outside.
I am grateful to StuDudley for his wonderfully detailed Dordogne information, and we will plan to follow his scenic drive between Brantôme and Bourdeilles. Walk and see from outside.
Then try to see Periguex - thoughts?
Drive to Domme, stay/dinner at hotel
Day 2 Thursday - pretty open - just need to reach Lyon by 8pm
Sarlat and market?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 hp@ printer reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 5 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 6 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 7 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 8 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 9 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 10 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 11 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 12 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 13 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 14 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 15 Hiking in Switzerland
- 16 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 19 CASH OR CARD?
- 20 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 21 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 22 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 23 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 24 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 25 2 days in Lugano area