This is a bit off-topic.
We're going to Italy and Austria soon. I'd like to know if anyone has had success with any Android apps that map your walking, with these features:
Can only use GPS -- my phone will not have Internet access while I walk (no SIM chips for Italy or Austria).
Does not need to be full of extra features - just mapping my path as I walk -- and ability to save the maps.
I have Google maps of Italy and Austria stored offline on my Android. It will have to work with them (rather than the internet-based maps) since I have no internet access as I walk. (I'll have it in the hotels using wi-fi, but not outdoors).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartments in Lisbon-Neighbouhood?
- 2 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 3 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 4 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 5 3 nights in Tuscany
- 6 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 7 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 8 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 9 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 10 Munich, Germany
- 11 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 12 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 13 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 14 Amalfi or Positano
- 15 River Boat Cruise
- 16 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 17 Hostel Advice
- 18 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 19 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 20 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 21 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 22 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 23 Cordoba or Granada?
- 24 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 25 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
Android App to Map walking (with only GPS & off-line maps); no internet