This is a bit off-topic.
We're going to Italy and Austria soon. I'd like to know if anyone has had success with any Android apps that map your walking, with these features:
Can only use GPS -- my phone will not have Internet access while I walk (no SIM chips for Italy or Austria).
Does not need to be full of extra features - just mapping my path as I walk -- and ability to save the maps.
I have Google maps of Italy and Austria stored offline on my Android. It will have to work with them (rather than the internet-based maps) since I have no internet access as I walk. (I'll have it in the hotels using wi-fi, but not outdoors).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 4 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 5 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 6 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 7 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 A good book!!
- 11 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 12 CDG airport and connection time
- 13 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 14 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 15 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 16 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 19 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 getting to CDG
- 22 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 23 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Towersey, London
Android App to Map walking (with only GPS & off-line maps); no internet