This is a bit off-topic.
We're going to Italy and Austria soon. I'd like to know if anyone has had success with any Android apps that map your walking, with these features:
Can only use GPS -- my phone will not have Internet access while I walk (no SIM chips for Italy or Austria).
Does not need to be full of extra features - just mapping my path as I walk -- and ability to save the maps.
I have Google maps of Italy and Austria stored offline on my Android. It will have to work with them (rather than the internet-based maps) since I have no internet access as I walk. (I'll have it in the hotels using wi-fi, but not outdoors).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 2 Do Not Rent from SIXT car rentals
- 3 Puglia or La Langhe
- 4 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 5 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 6 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 7 Paris---baguette question???
- 8 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 9 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Need help in travel planning
- 12 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 13 French immersion courses in France
- 14 Munich
- 15 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 16 Vienna or Budapest?
- 17 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 18 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 19 Italy/Greece with kids
- 20 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 21 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 22 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 23 10 day Greek Island trip
- 24 Portugal itinerary help
- 25 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
Android App to Map walking (with only GPS & off-line maps); no internet