This is a bit off-topic.
We're going to Italy and Austria soon. I'd like to know if anyone has had success with any Android apps that map your walking, with these features:
Can only use GPS -- my phone will not have Internet access while I walk (no SIM chips for Italy or Austria).
Does not need to be full of extra features - just mapping my path as I walk -- and ability to save the maps.
I have Google maps of Italy and Austria stored offline on my Android. It will have to work with them (rather than the internet-based maps) since I have no internet access as I walk. (I'll have it in the hotels using wi-fi, but not outdoors).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting International Cars from USA
- 2 Europe itinerary review
- 3 Our time in Rome
- 4 Europe itinerary
- 5 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 6 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 7 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 8 train from ravenna to parma
- 9 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 10 London road closings this weekend: Bike Race
- 11 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 12 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 13 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 14 Enjoying England for a year!
- 15 European Travel in March
- 16 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 17 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 18 Transport from Prague to Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia-Romania
- 19 My First Trip to Europe...
- 20 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 21 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 22 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 23 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 24 We are back!
- 25 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
Android App to Map walking (with only GPS & off-line maps); no internet