This is a bit off-topic.
We're going to Italy and Austria soon. I'd like to know if anyone has had success with any Android apps that map your walking, with these features:
Can only use GPS -- my phone will not have Internet access while I walk (no SIM chips for Italy or Austria).
Does not need to be full of extra features - just mapping my path as I walk -- and ability to save the maps.
I have Google maps of Italy and Austria stored offline on my Android. It will have to work with them (rather than the internet-based maps) since I have no internet access as I walk. (I'll have it in the hotels using wi-fi, but not outdoors).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin
- 2 Boat ride from Naples to Capri
- 3 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 4 San Sebastian to Cadaques
- 5 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 6 Venice to Croatia
- 7 Venice: Venice: Guided tour for Doge's Palace or Church?
- 8 6 x Day Roadtrip in the Andalucia Region
- 9 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 10 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 11 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 12 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 13 Istanbul
- 14 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 15 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 16 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?
- 17 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 18 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
- 19 Day bike ride from Weissenkirchen to Melk
- 20 Northern Ireland itinerary
- 21 Amsterdam in August
- 22 My San Sebastian ideas
- 23 Santorini
- 24 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 25 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
Android App to Map walking (with only GPS & off-line maps); no internet