This is a bit off-topic.
We're going to Italy and Austria soon. I'd like to know if anyone has had success with any Android apps that map your walking, with these features:
Can only use GPS -- my phone will not have Internet access while I walk (no SIM chips for Italy or Austria).
Does not need to be full of extra features - just mapping my path as I walk -- and ability to save the maps.
I have Google maps of Italy and Austria stored offline on my Android. It will have to work with them (rather than the internet-based maps) since I have no internet access as I walk. (I'll have it in the hotels using wi-fi, but not outdoors).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moldova and Transnistria
- 2 Getting around London
- 3 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 4 Valencia Spain
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 7 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 8 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 9 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 10 The DCC scam is spreading
- 11 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 12 Iceland in January/February
- 13 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 14 Driving in Italy
- 15 Paris in August
- 16 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 17 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 18 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 19 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 20 Rome Water Shortage
- 21 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 22 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 23 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 24 Train travel to and from Paris
- 25 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
Android App to Map walking (with only GPS & off-line maps); no internet