This is a bit off-topic.
We're going to Italy and Austria soon. I'd like to know if anyone has had success with any Android apps that map your walking, with these features:
Can only use GPS -- my phone will not have Internet access while I walk (no SIM chips for Italy or Austria).
Does not need to be full of extra features - just mapping my path as I walk -- and ability to save the maps.
I have Google maps of Italy and Austria stored offline on my Android. It will have to work with them (rather than the internet-based maps) since I have no internet access as I walk. (I'll have it in the hotels using wi-fi, but not outdoors).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 2 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 3 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 4 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 5 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 6 Montenegro in September
- 7 3 week stay in Scotland
- 8 Paris, France
- 9 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 10 sfo to europe
- 11 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 12 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 13 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 14 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 15 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 16 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 17 What one thing in Paris?
- 18 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 19 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 20 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 21 Rue des Rosiers
- 22 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 23 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 24 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 25 Help with Scotland itinerary
Android App to Map walking (with only GPS & off-line maps); no internet