This is a bit off-topic.
We're going to Italy and Austria soon. I'd like to know if anyone has had success with any Android apps that map your walking, with these features:
Can only use GPS -- my phone will not have Internet access while I walk (no SIM chips for Italy or Austria).
Does not need to be full of extra features - just mapping my path as I walk -- and ability to save the maps.
I have Google maps of Italy and Austria stored offline on my Android. It will have to work with them (rather than the internet-based maps) since I have no internet access as I walk. (I'll have it in the hotels using wi-fi, but not outdoors).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 2 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 3 Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest which to choose?
- 4 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 5 Netflix and Hulu
- 6 Trying to decide on a Colmar hotel for 4 nights
- 7 Find Ibis CDG/Take the Péripherique?
- 8 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 9 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 10 1 hour from Stockholm to Nynashamn
- 11 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 12 City Pass v. 2 for 1
- 13 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 14 Train & Car Rental Logistics from Florence
- 15 Porto - History, Culinary, Art and Wine Travel Report
- 16 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)
- 17 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 18 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 19 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 20 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 21 Corsica, Sicily or Cinque Terre for summer trip?
- 22 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 23 5 days in switzerland
- 24 Burgos vs Leon, Avila vs Segovia
- 25 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
Android App to Map walking (with only GPS & off-line maps); no internet