We are planning a 15 day on the ground trip to Europe - urban experience ideally as we have a 5 week "beach" sabbatical planned for the month of June as a family. Brussels is in the itinerary (really can't cut it out unless we skip Paris) because we have to see family. My husband has never been to Europe except Madrid. We are skipping Madrid sightseeing entirely because we have both been. Please advise if this itinerary makes sense and is feasible. I took Girona out of this itinerary because I thought we would get that "feeling" in Andalusia and Toledo. I'm concerned I have cut Andalusia too short? Is this enough time to get a nice sense of the towns? This trip is just me and my husband - leaving kids with the grandparents! Really hoping for some suggestions. We planned to stay not too far from the train station in Madrid because of the Toledo and Cordoba trips... Lastly, would love advise on whether it makes sense to rent a car in Cordoba and return in Seville or just take public transit.
Mon May 11- arrive Madrid 6:30pm, sleep Madrid
May 12 - am Toledo day trip, sleep Madrid
May 13 - am train Cordoba, day Cordoba night tour of Cordoba sleep Cordoba
May 14 - morning Cordoba, then train or drive to Granada sleep Granada
May 15 - Alhambra am, then late afternoon train or drive Seville sleep Seville
May 16 - Seville sleep Seville
May 17 - Fly Barcelona (am or pm?)
May 18, 19 - Barcelona
May 20 : morning flight Paris
May 20- 25 - Paris
May 25: mid-afternoon train to Brussels
May 26 - Brussels (seeing family)
May 27 - home from brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 2 2 days in Florence
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 7 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 8 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 9 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 10 base for Andalucia
- 11 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 14 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 15 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 16 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 17 Windsor Castle
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 24 4 nights in Sardinia
- 25 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?