We are in the planning stages of our Sept-Oct visit to Andalusia. I've been doing a lot of research on different sites and forums. Getting overwhelmed with choices and ideas I think having a full month in that region would not be enough, but in our case we have to limit ourselves to about a week.
Day 1 / arriving late at night. Day 10 / departing at 12.00h. So that leaves us with 8 full days ( last 1.5day will be spend in Madrid). Distances in Spain are a challenge. I really would prefer not to move between too many hotels and avoid one-nighters. I've been looking at the map checking distance and necessary time to get from A to B to C... Seems that in best case scenario, we'll need to change hotels 4 times. In worst, 5 times. That's really a lot of packing / unpacking *_*
Here are the things that we have to work with.
Group about 10 people (65yrs up).
Total 9 nights (trying to make it 10 nights but probably won't be able to ). ca. SEPT - OCT 2016.
Current breakdown 2 nights Malaga, 2 nights Granada, 3 nights Seville, 2 nights Madrid (IF we add 1 extra night then Cordoba)
Arrival / Departure airports/flights cannot be changed.
● Arriving to Malaga at 22.30h.
● Departing from Madrid at 12.30h.
Transportation : combination train + charter minibus + taxis + walk.
Will be hiring a private guide(s) for tours so program will be more organised/faster paced than individual travellers'. We are not good at taking it easy and going with the flow
● Must visits : Granada, Seville, Cordoba, Ronda, white villages (Mijas?)
-- Interested in great food, wine (possibly winery visit), genuine small (not too touristy) flamenco show, old towns, art, shopping, beautiful scenery, spa/hammam visit, open air/farmers markets, horse carriage ride.
-- Not interested (due to age ) in sports, strenuous outdoor activities, swimming, sunbathing, etc.
Day 1 / Arrive Malaga 22.30h. Hotel in Malaga (2 nights)
Day 2 / Mini-bus Full day trip : Malaga > Ronda > LUNCH and wine tasting at Bodega Garcia Hidalgo (read some wonderful reviews of home cooked food > Malaga
***Question : If we only do one white village / town, would Ronda be the best? Or should we somehow try squeezing another visit (ex. Mijas)?
Day 3/ Malaga > charter mini- bus to Granada > pm tour Granada city + Dinner with a view of Alhambra at one of the Carmen restaurants. (Granada 2 nights)
Day 4 / Full day Granada tour : Alhambra about 4 hours visit + Lunch + Hammam Granada 2 hour visit
Day 5 / Charter Mini-bus transfer Granada > Seville with a stop in Cordoba. Hoping to depart Granada ca. 9am and arrive in Seville ca. 6pm. Is that doable? (Seville 3 nights)
Day 6 / Seville full day tour + flamenco show at Casa de la Memoria.
Day 7 / Half day Seville walking tour w / horse carriage ride through the Maria Luisa + free afternoon for shopping, cafe, etc.
Day 8 / am Seville tour > Lunch > afternoon AVE train to Madrid (2 nights Madrid). Perhaps an evening visit to one of the museums.
Day 9 / free time to shop, explore Madrid, etc (2nd trip to Madrid for most people) + farewell dinner somewhere nice.
Day 10 / 12.30h flight out of Madrid
I haven't narrowed down the routes in each city which attractions we should do when, but overall does this sound like a good itinerary?
Thank you in advance for all suggestions and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 2 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 3 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 4 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 7 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 8 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 9 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 10 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 11 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 12 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 13 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 17 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 18 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 19 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 20 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Sicily
- 23 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 24 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 25 car for four adults and four bikes