I need help with planning my trip to Spain with my husband, mother and 15 month old daughter. Our trip might be a little unusual unless you have a little background. My husband's mother was from Jerez and met his father in Cadiz (he was stationed at Rota, where they lived for several years). Both parents have passed away and DH has never had the opportunity to visit Spain. So, we are taking our daughter this September (first week) and would like to see highlights while also seeing some of Jerez and Cadiz (some would argue also highlights).
Our original plan was Granada (2 nights)--Sevilla (3 nights)--Jerez (2 nights with side trip to Cadiz and Arcos), then back to Malaga through Ronda (as day trip). However, we just learned that the Feria de Ronda is over the first few days of our trip. My husband is fascinated by the corrida and would love to see one, but there are none in Sevilla while we are there. So, we feel like it would be a pity to miss the feria and to see one of the corridas (preferably the corrida Goyesca, if we can get tickets (anyone have suggestions?)). We also don't want to be too rushed given our 15 month old (my mom is coming with us to help with her and will stay with her in the evenings so DH and I can hit the town). So, now we are thinking:
Day 1 (Fri): Malaga to Ronda (perhaps along the coast for scenic drive)
Day 2 (Sat): Ronda--see town at leisure, perhaps afternoon trip to another pueblo blanco (Olvera? Grazamala?). Corrida Goyesca that night (if we can get tickets...fingers crossed!)
Day 3 (Sun): Ronda in a.m. to enjoy the parade of carriages then to Sevilla via Arcos.
Day 4 (Mon): Sevilla
Day 5 (Tuesday): day trip to Jerez for Equestrian show; walk around town and see bodegas; enjoy Cadiz in afternoon and evening--back to Sevilla for overnight (too much for little one?)
Day 6 (Wed): Sevilla
Day 7 (Thurs): travel to Granada around noon (during siesta and baby nap)
Day 8 (Fri): Granada/Alhambra in a.m. spend day at leisure but must end up in Malaga for early a.m. flight on Sat morning (perhaps stop in Nerja on the way to Malaga--have some tapas, walk promenade and watch sunset); overnight in Malaga
Day 9 (Sat): 9:45 a.m. flight home
Is this WAY too much? There is the harvest festival in Jerez from 10th - 15th; should we stay there a couple of nights rather than only day trip? We could go to Jerez from Ronda for 1/2 nights and then on to Sevilla, but we would miss the horse show and also the festival. Is the horse show a MUST? Anyone know anything about the harvest festival in Jerez? I hate to miss the Alhambra in Granada and the Albaicin and views of Sierra Nevadas, but are we better off spending a couple of days in Jerez and Cadiz and then rest of time in Sevilla? Sorry to inundate you, but would so appreciate your thoughts and advice!
Andalucia trip including Ronda and Jerez/Cadiz (with 15 month old)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 2 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 3 What to wear
- 4 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 5 Greece - trip report - Aegean Islands Chios, Lesvos and Samos Oct 2012
- 6 Sicily - not a trip report
- 7 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 8 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 9 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 10 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 11 Chip but no PIN
- 12 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 13 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 14 No points in Paris .....
- 15 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 16 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 17 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 18 What still confounds you about travel?
- 19 Three days in Spain
- 20 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 21 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Eurostar booking
- 24 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 25 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...