Does anyone know of a guide to the Spanish Civil War in Andalucia? I have been looking for a guide that would show and explain sites connected to the civil war in this area, e.g., Queipo's tomb in the Basilica of the Macarena in Seville, Lorca's summer home in Granada, etc.
We are going to Andalucia (Seville, Granada, Cordoba, and Malaga) in October, our first visit ever to Spain. I have been reading about the region and have been struck by what a major role this region and these cities played in the war. Have not yet found any guide to important sites.
Any suggestions, ideas, and hunches are welcome, Spanish or English materials.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 9 Rouen Tour Companies
- 10 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 11 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 CDG much improved
- 14 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 15 Ronda Wine/biking
- 16 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 17 Italy bus or train
- 18 Ireland itinerary help please
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 21 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 22 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 23 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 24 Canal du Midi
- 25 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation