Does anyone know of a guide to the Spanish Civil War in Andalucia? I have been looking for a guide that would show and explain sites connected to the civil war in this area, e.g., Queipo's tomb in the Basilica of the Macarena in Seville, Lorca's summer home in Granada, etc.
We are going to Andalucia (Seville, Granada, Cordoba, and Malaga) in October, our first visit ever to Spain. I have been reading about the region and have been struck by what a major role this region and these cities played in the war. Have not yet found any guide to important sites.
Any suggestions, ideas, and hunches are welcome, Spanish or English materials.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 2 Planning a European Trip
- 3 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 4 Norway Itinerary
- 5 train or plane
- 6 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 7 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 10 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 11 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 12 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 13 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 14 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 15 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 16 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 17 A Month stay in Southern France
- 18 restaurants in Marais district
- 19 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 20 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 21 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 22 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 23 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 24 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 25 Shoes in Scotland