We are visiting Rome in May 2011, and will spending 1 full day at the "Ancient Rome" sites - Roman Forum, Colosseum, lunch at Hosteria da Nerone near the Colosseum, St Peter in Chains church, Imperial Forums, Palatine Hill, Capitoline Hill and museums. We would like to end in the early evening in the Piazza Venezia area. How much time should we plan for each area, and in what order should we plan to see these sights? Anything I've left out in this area, or anything you would recommend skipping that's on my list? FYI: We are not archeology or Roman history buffs, and will likely be using the Rick Steves audio tours for this area...
Ancient Rome sightseeing plans
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 2 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 3 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 4 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 5 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 6 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 7 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 8 Tipping in the UK
- 9 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 10 14 Days Dec Trip to Switzerland (or???)
- 11 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 12 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 13 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 14 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 15 Discount Card and itinerary for London for family of 4
- 16 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 17 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 18 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 19 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 20 Interested In Coach Passes
- 21 Could someone help me identifie this chateau in Belgium
- 22 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 23 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 24 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 25 Getting about, CAR? 21 y/o