We are visiting Rome in May 2011, and will spending 1 full day at the "Ancient Rome" sites - Roman Forum, Colosseum, lunch at Hosteria da Nerone near the Colosseum, St Peter in Chains church, Imperial Forums, Palatine Hill, Capitoline Hill and museums. We would like to end in the early evening in the Piazza Venezia area. How much time should we plan for each area, and in what order should we plan to see these sights? Anything I've left out in this area, or anything you would recommend skipping that's on my list? FYI: We are not archeology or Roman history buffs, and will likely be using the Rick Steves audio tours for this area...
Ancient Rome sightseeing plans
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Europe
- 2 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 3 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 4 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 5 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 6 Globus Tours
- 7 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 8 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 9 London hotel tax is 20%
- 10 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 11 ITALY
- 12 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 13 Help for San Sebastian
- 14 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 15 Royal Opera House question?
- 16 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 17 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 18 3 days in Rome
- 19 Please help with itinerary...
- 20 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 21 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 22 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 23 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 24 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 25 Piedmont - Scenic Drive