We are visiting Rome in May 2011, and will spending 1 full day at the "Ancient Rome" sites - Roman Forum, Colosseum, lunch at Hosteria da Nerone near the Colosseum, St Peter in Chains church, Imperial Forums, Palatine Hill, Capitoline Hill and museums. We would like to end in the early evening in the Piazza Venezia area. How much time should we plan for each area, and in what order should we plan to see these sights? Anything I've left out in this area, or anything you would recommend skipping that's on my list? FYI: We are not archeology or Roman history buffs, and will likely be using the Rick Steves audio tours for this area...
Ancient Rome sightseeing plans
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 2 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 3 Town in southwest Ireland to serve as a home base
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 6 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 7 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 8 Cinque Terre Trails Condition Report
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 12 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 13 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 16 Novels set in Greece
- 17 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 18 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Planning a holiday
- 21 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 24 15 days in Europe,
- 25 Medieval Tallinn