We are visiting Rome in May 2011, and will spending 1 full day at the "Ancient Rome" sites - Roman Forum, Colosseum, lunch at Hosteria da Nerone near the Colosseum, St Peter in Chains church, Imperial Forums, Palatine Hill, Capitoline Hill and museums. We would like to end in the early evening in the Piazza Venezia area. How much time should we plan for each area, and in what order should we plan to see these sights? Anything I've left out in this area, or anything you would recommend skipping that's on my list? FYI: We are not archeology or Roman history buffs, and will likely be using the Rick Steves audio tours for this area...
Ancient Rome sightseeing plans
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 2 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 3 Ireland driving vacation
- 4 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 5 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 6 Late night train from Prague
- 7 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 8 Bike touring in France
- 9 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 10 Theater in London
- 11 Does this sound feasible?
- 12 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 13 Tour Group Operators
- 14 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 15 Islands in mid October
- 16 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 17 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 18 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 19 Trip to Venice and Athens, with a cruise through Croatia and Greece
- 20 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 21 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 22 Dordogne in October
- 23 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 24 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 25 Majorca - where to stay?