We are visiting Rome in May 2011, and will spending 1 full day at the "Ancient Rome" sites - Roman Forum, Colosseum, lunch at Hosteria da Nerone near the Colosseum, St Peter in Chains church, Imperial Forums, Palatine Hill, Capitoline Hill and museums. We would like to end in the early evening in the Piazza Venezia area. How much time should we plan for each area, and in what order should we plan to see these sights? Anything I've left out in this area, or anything you would recommend skipping that's on my list? FYI: We are not archeology or Roman history buffs, and will likely be using the Rick Steves audio tours for this area...
Ancient Rome sightseeing plans
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 2 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 3 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 4 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 5 UK for 12 days !
- 6 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 7 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 8 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 9 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 10 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Italy and Croatia 28 days
- 13 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 14 Vienne or Lyon and then onward to Nice
- 15 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 16 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 17 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 18 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 19 Travel with Teens
- 20 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 21 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 22 Snowboarding in Poland
- 23 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 24 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 25 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice