We ended up having an extra day between Edinburgh and London.
Our itinerary currently is: 1 day in Cambridge, 4 days in Edinburgh, picking up a car and spending 6 nights in the Inverness area, 2 nights in the Stirling area, dropping the car off in Edinburgh and taking the train to ???? before 6 nights in London and flying home. Our original plan was to stay in London a week but our lodging is only available for 6 nights.
Do you suggest another night in southern Scotland-border area close to the train?
Or a place in England for one night?
Interests are varied but history and castles are always good.
A nice quiet town, "quaintly" British near the rail?
Thank you much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US: SBCGLOBAL Mail Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:7208 Sbcglobal mail
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 4 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 5 Paris for children
- 6 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 7 Couscous
- 8 London in Winter Report
- 9 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 10 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 12 16 days in France and Italy
- 13 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 14 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 IWM
- 17 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 18 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 19 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 20 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 21 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 22 quickest way to Prague
- 23 Scotland - We're Here!
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?