We ended up having an extra day between Edinburgh and London.
Our itinerary currently is: 1 day in Cambridge, 4 days in Edinburgh, picking up a car and spending 6 nights in the Inverness area, 2 nights in the Stirling area, dropping the car off in Edinburgh and taking the train to ???? before 6 nights in London and flying home. Our original plan was to stay in London a week but our lodging is only available for 6 nights.
Do you suggest another night in southern Scotland-border area close to the train?
Or a place in England for one night?
Interests are varied but history and castles are always good.
A nice quiet town, "quaintly" British near the rail?
Thank you much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 3 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 4 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 5 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 6 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 7 Ireland in April
- 8 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Amalfi Coast help
- 11 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 12 A few days outside Rome
- 13 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 16 CDG airport and connection time
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 Paris Metro
- 19 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 20 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 21 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 25 EATING IN LISBON..first visit