We ended up having an extra day between Edinburgh and London.
Our itinerary currently is: 1 day in Cambridge, 4 days in Edinburgh, picking up a car and spending 6 nights in the Inverness area, 2 nights in the Stirling area, dropping the car off in Edinburgh and taking the train to ???? before 6 nights in London and flying home. Our original plan was to stay in London a week but our lodging is only available for 6 nights.
Do you suggest another night in southern Scotland-border area close to the train?
Or a place in England for one night?
Interests are varied but history and castles are always good.
A nice quiet town, "quaintly" British near the rail?
Thank you much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 5 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 6 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 7 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Madrid/Lisbon
- 10 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 13 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 14 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Oporto
- 17 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Perugia
- 20 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 21 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?