Ineresting story in today's NY Times about the plethora of bikes in Amsterdam and the problems bikers have finding a place to park them in this congested city - pictured is the multi-story bike garage opposite Centraal Station - and for those who want to bike around Amsterdam take heed for the novice this could be like a real hairy experience!
Amsterdeam: Sea of Bikes Swamping City!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 2 Nice or Marseille??
- 3 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 4 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 5 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 6 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 7 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 8 Dresden or Leipzig
- 9 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 10 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 11 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 12 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 13 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 14 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 15 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 18 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 Air pollution in Paris
- 21 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 22 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 23 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 24 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 25 20 days in Germany