Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 returning with souveniers from Europe
- 2 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 3 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 4 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 5 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 6 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 7 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 Help on ancient history route
- 12 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 13 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 14 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 15 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 16 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 19 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 20 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 21 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 22 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 23 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 24 Hotels in Turin
- 25 Sim card/Amsterdam