Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노주소ᛝ 【RAM300.COM】ᛝ 바카라 게임규칙
- 2 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 5 Spain in December
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 K-Day
- 11 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 14 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 Cell Phone Question
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 Greek Islands (small)
- 20 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 21 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 22 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 23 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 24 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 25 Campervan in Croatia