Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Watch Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 2017 Online hd-free
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Europe itinerary help!
- 5 Shorts in South of France?
- 6 barcelona neighborhood
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 9 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 10 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 11 Les Invalides Night Show
- 12 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 13 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 14 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 15 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 16 Best Greek Island
- 17 Which Day?
- 18 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 19 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 20 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 21 Corsica and Sardinia
- 22 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 23 Regarding Residence Permit
- 24 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 25 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?