Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rue des Rosiers
- 2 Italian Riviera
- 3 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 4 Switzerland in mid-April
- 5 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 6 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 7 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 8 Hamam Istanbul?
- 9 Scotland Trip
- 10 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 11 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 12 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 13 First Trip to Europe!
- 14 Paris Under Seige...
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 16 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 17 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 18 visa appointment experience
- 19 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 20 What to take to Germany
- 21 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 22 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 23 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 24 Cinque Terre Hiking Trails?
- 25 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten