Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Amsterdam's Hotel de l'Europe Shines Again
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 2 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 3 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 4 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 5 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 6 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 7 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 8 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 9 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 10 Story of the German Christmas star
- 11 French Basque region
- 12 Airport ATMs
- 13 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 14 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 15 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 16 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 17 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 18 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 19 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 20 All Set To Go!!
- 21 American Express
- 22 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 23 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 24 Help with European vacation plan
- 25 Our October trip to Andalucia!