Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Amsterdam's Hotel de l'Europe Shines Again
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice; recommendations
- 2 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 3 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 4 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 5 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 8 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 9 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 10 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 11 Cosmetics from Paris. Any favorites Not Available Here?
- 12 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 13 Soccer (Football) tickets for Fiorentina game in early October
- 14 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 15 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 16 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 17 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 18 Sardinia in early May
- 19 Finistère Base
- 20 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 21 First visit to France in November
- 22 Photographer in Paris?
- 23 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 24 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 25 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy