Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Enjoying England for a year!
- 2 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 3 RENFE error message during payment
- 4 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 5 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 Food or Tapas tours in Madrid and/or Barcelona
- 8 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/sytropin-hgh-spray/
- 9 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/sytropin-hgh-spray/
- 10 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 11 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 12 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 13 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 14 Wine Tour in Florence/Tuscany
- 15 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 16 Europe itinerary review
- 17 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 18 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 19 Train passes
- 20 Best places in Paris to catch Pokémon?
- 21 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 22 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 23 3 Days in Naples...
- 24 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 25 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department