Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 2 Getting around Lisbon
- 3 Athens International airport
- 4 credit and debit cards
- 5 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 6 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 7 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 8 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 9 YIKES!
- 10 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 11 Cinqueterre
- 12 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 13 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 14 Swiss Pass
- 15 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 16 Trip to Ireland in September
- 17 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 18 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 19 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 20 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 21 Final Four
- 22 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 23 Charming areas to explore in London
- 24 Cornwall UK
- 25 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?