Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Amsterdam's Hotel de l'Europe Shines Again
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 2 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 3 Trains in Italy
- 4 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 5 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 6 Air pollution in Paris
- 7 France, Italy and Greec
- 8 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 9 Rome---August and September
- 10 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 11 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 12 Dinner cruise in Paris
- 13 Help With Vienna
- 14 Good Hotels around Gare Montparnasse
- 15 Amazing customer services, i rented a 3g wi-fi device IUGO GADGETS FOR RENT
- 16 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 17 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 18 South of France November Trip Report
- 19 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 20 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 21 Dresden or Leipzig
- 22 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 23 20 days in Germany
- 24 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 25 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City