Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT LEXMARK Tec*h
- 2 Paris to Italy
- 3 Frankfurt to UK
- 4 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 5 Milan or Turin
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 8 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 9 God Save the Queen?
- 10 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 11 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 14 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 18 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 19 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 24 9 Days in Spain
- 25 Barcelona alternative