Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Amsterdam's Hotel de l'Europe Shines Again
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 2 A drive in Europe
- 3 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 4 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 5 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 6 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 7 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 8 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 9 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 10 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 11 Paris in April?
- 12 Prague - Tram #22
- 13 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 car rental companies Italy
- 16 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 17 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 18 Toulouse and beyond -
- 19 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 20 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 21 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 22 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 23 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 24 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions