Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Amsterdam's Hotel de l'Europe Shines Again
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 2 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 3 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 5 eateries in Puglia
- 6 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 7 Help with France itinerary
- 8 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 9 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 10 Spending $ for 10 nights (2 people) in Western Europe
- 11 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 12 Cornwall or Paris?
- 13 Day trips from Bologna
- 14 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 15 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 16 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 17 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 18 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 19 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 20 Terrorism in Europe
- 21 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 22 What is legal to bring back to the US?
- 23 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 24 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 25 Bringing Wine Home From France