Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Amsterdam's Hotel de l'Europe Shines Again
- 1 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 2 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 3 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 4 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 5 Trip to Norway- suggestions for itinerary?
- 6 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 7 Moving to Spain
- 8 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 9 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 10 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 11 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 12 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 13 Drive Rome Florence
- 14 Best area for wine and which one?
- 15 Bus from Sorrento to Naples Airport
- 16 Prague Itinerary
- 17 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 18 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 19 Sicily- two week summer vacation
- 20 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 21 Four days to wander France???
- 22 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 23 Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Fuessen - Last Bus
- 24 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 25 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.