We're going to Amsterdam for 9 days at the end of March/beginning of April with our 1.5 year old girl. We'll be staying in an apartment relatively close to the city, supposedly on the number 5 tram (the number may be incorrect). My husband is attending a conference so we're kind of "stuck" in the area the whole time. I think that's okay because that gives us plenty of time to soak up the European lifestyle, and not feel rushed to see any sights. I have a few questions that I was hoping the well-traveled mamas/papas could answer.
Stroller - At home we own an agile jogging-type stroller (Bumbleride Indie, if that helps). I feel this is probably too large to bring with us, especially since we will rely on public transportation, at least to get into the city each day. Should we bring an umbrella stroller? I have an Ergo, but my daughter isn't used to it for several hours a day.
Biking - I am considering renting a bike for the trip. I don't bike regularly, but I've been researching the biking way of life in Amsterdam so I think I could benefit from it while not getting in the locals' way. Am I delusional or do only serious cyclists attempt this, especially with a child seat? If I rent a bike, will I have any need for a stroller, or will I use both, depending on the day/mood/weather?
Car seat - since we're not renting a car, we shouldn't bring the car seat with us, right? Note: we're bringing a bunch of luggage, it's probably best if we taxi to our apt. Can toddlers ride in taxis with no safety seat? Am I a bad parent for suggesting this?
Diapers - my daughter wears the natural/chemical-dye-free/granola Seventh Generation diapers (she has sensitive skin and gets rash easily). I'd prefer not to bring an entire 9-day supply with us. Understanding they're more expensive, will we be able to find the general equivalent of a chemical-free/natural diaper?
I know these questions are very specific, but I appreciate any response. Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://nuvieskincareserum.com/borealis-face-cream/
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 생중계카지노＼♞＼【 ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ 】＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 4 인터넷카지노✼＼【→ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ←】＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 5 인터넷카지노♛＼【→ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ←】＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 6 생방송카지노●＼【→ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ←】＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 7 아시아카지노＼♟＼【 ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ 】＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 8 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 9 온라인카지노＼♟＼【 ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ 】＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 10 실시간카지노＼♟＼【 ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ 】＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 11 아시안카지노●＼【→ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ←】＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 12 나인카지노＼♟＼【 ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ 】＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 13 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 14 Which town for a
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 17 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 18 Ireland in April
- 19 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Amalfi Coast help
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 A few days outside Rome
- 24 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 25 UK in July -- early planning stages
Amsterdam with toddler; getting around & logistical questions