I'm roughing out my itinerary and of course the list of questions is growing accordingly.
Plans for Amsterdam:
Arrival Day: walk around, canal boat tour weather permitting
Day2: Kinderdijk, 1st Saturday of May, open Van Gogh museum, more strolling, perhaps a church or two, maybe a small special interest museum,
Day 3: Flower Market, Rijksmusuem
Day 4: Haarlem
Day 5: Keukenhof
Day 6: Pick up car, Otterlo, Kroeller Mueller Museum
Day 7: Cochem or Beilstein, Berg Elz on the way
Day 8: Wineries, short river cruise
Day 9: ?
Day 10: over to Rhine River......
I have from 5/5 to 5/20. In and out of Amsterdam using FF miles.
Where would be a good place to pick up my rental car heading to Otterlo?
Nothing booked yet except for hotel in Amsterdam, 6 nts. Should I add another night to allow more daytrips to Delft, other countryside towns? Are others that different from Haarlem? I know every town has it's charm and unique sights.
Mosel and Rhine part of the trip is only a rough idea at this point. I started to plan this years ago, but Sicily got obsessed with Siicly....now I'm back to #1 bucket list - Van Gogh!
Thanks for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 2 Germany-Car or Train
- 3 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 4 SURPRISE TRIP
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 7 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 8 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 9 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 10 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 11 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 12 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 13 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 14 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 15 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 16 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 17 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 18 Valencia Spain
- 19 Europe for Beginners
- 20 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 21 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 22 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 23 13 nights in switzerland
- 24 Best daypack ?
- 25 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?