I'm roughing out my itinerary and of course the list of questions is growing accordingly.
Plans for Amsterdam:
Arrival Day: walk around, canal boat tour weather permitting
Day2: Kinderdijk, 1st Saturday of May, open Van Gogh museum, more strolling, perhaps a church or two, maybe a small special interest museum,
Day 3: Flower Market, Rijksmusuem
Day 4: Haarlem
Day 5: Keukenhof
Day 6: Pick up car, Otterlo, Kroeller Mueller Museum
Day 7: Cochem or Beilstein, Berg Elz on the way
Day 8: Wineries, short river cruise
Day 9: ?
Day 10: over to Rhine River......
I have from 5/5 to 5/20. In and out of Amsterdam using FF miles.
Where would be a good place to pick up my rental car heading to Otterlo?
Nothing booked yet except for hotel in Amsterdam, 6 nts. Should I add another night to allow more daytrips to Delft, other countryside towns? Are others that different from Haarlem? I know every town has it's charm and unique sights.
Mosel and Rhine part of the trip is only a rough idea at this point. I started to plan this years ago, but Sicily got obsessed with Siicly....now I'm back to #1 bucket list - Van Gogh!
Thanks for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 2 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 3 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 4 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 5 Bordeaux to Nice
- 6 Travel in Europe
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 10 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 11 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 12 Whathello Paris
- 13 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 14 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 15 Athens Help
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 18 Rome to Venice
- 19 One free day in Barcelona
- 20 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 21 November in Rome
- 22 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 25 Trains in Italy