I'm roughing out my itinerary and of course the list of questions is growing accordingly.
Plans for Amsterdam:
Arrival Day: walk around, canal boat tour weather permitting
Day2: Kinderdijk, 1st Saturday of May, open Van Gogh museum, more strolling, perhaps a church or two, maybe a small special interest museum,
Day 3: Flower Market, Rijksmusuem
Day 4: Haarlem
Day 5: Keukenhof
Day 6: Pick up car, Otterlo, Kroeller Mueller Museum
Day 7: Cochem or Beilstein, Berg Elz on the way
Day 8: Wineries, short river cruise
Day 9: ?
Day 10: over to Rhine River......
I have from 5/5 to 5/20. In and out of Amsterdam using FF miles.
Where would be a good place to pick up my rental car heading to Otterlo?
Nothing booked yet except for hotel in Amsterdam, 6 nts. Should I add another night to allow more daytrips to Delft, other countryside towns? Are others that different from Haarlem? I know every town has it's charm and unique sights.
Mosel and Rhine part of the trip is only a rough idea at this point. I started to plan this years ago, but Sicily got obsessed with Siicly....now I'm back to #1 bucket list - Van Gogh!
Thanks for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 2 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 3 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 4 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 5 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 6 help with Italy itinerary
- 7 Scotland and London 21 days
- 8 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 9 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 10 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 11 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 12 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 13 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Venice
- 16 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 17 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 18 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 19 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 20 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 21 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 22 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 23 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 24 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 25 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017