I have been working on my itiniary for the Amsterdam part of my trip and have roughed out the following schedule for 5 days. I would very much appreciate any advise anyone can offer! I think I did a good job of keeping everything kind of together in different sections of the city but who knows? Those little maps in the books and on line make everything look so much closer and easier than it usually is. The one thing I'm sure you will all see off the bat is that I'm not hitting the Van Gogh & Rijks together-that is on purpose-my husband will wig out if I drag him through 2 big museums on the same day!
Arrive on early flight-train to Amsterdam -get settled in Hotel
3 Hour City Walk
New Church (on walk)
Jordaan neighborhood Walk (about 90 minutes)
Van Gogh Museum
Canal Boat Tour
Anne Frank House (late visit in the evening)
Tropical Museum & Botanical Gardens?? Not sure about this..any comments appreciated
Late Afternoon Red Light District Walk & sites
Heinekin Brewery Tour
Ferry across the Harbor for the amazing view I read about?
Zandervoot Beach (I collect sand from around the world so I always hit the beach!)
This is where I'm lost! The next stop is Brugge-should we leave on a later train this evening to go to Brugge or did I miss anything fantastic we should see on this day and leave for Brugge early the next morning? We will only have 1 full day in Brugge then on to France. By my schedule I have an empty day on Day 5-so am I trying to do too much on the other 4? They don't seem that crowded to me.
Thank you so much for any info you an give me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Bremerhaven and environs
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Spain in July
- 9 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 10 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 11 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 12 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 13 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 14 5 Days in Switzerland
- 15 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 16 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 17 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 18 International Flight Question
- 19 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 20 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 21 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 24 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 25 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris