I have been working on my itiniary for the Amsterdam part of my trip and have roughed out the following schedule for 5 days. I would very much appreciate any advise anyone can offer! I think I did a good job of keeping everything kind of together in different sections of the city but who knows? Those little maps in the books and on line make everything look so much closer and easier than it usually is. The one thing I'm sure you will all see off the bat is that I'm not hitting the Van Gogh & Rijks together-that is on purpose-my husband will wig out if I drag him through 2 big museums on the same day!
Arrive on early flight-train to Amsterdam -get settled in Hotel
3 Hour City Walk
New Church (on walk)
Jordaan neighborhood Walk (about 90 minutes)
Van Gogh Museum
Canal Boat Tour
Anne Frank House (late visit in the evening)
Tropical Museum & Botanical Gardens?? Not sure about this..any comments appreciated
Late Afternoon Red Light District Walk & sites
Heinekin Brewery Tour
Ferry across the Harbor for the amazing view I read about?
Zandervoot Beach (I collect sand from around the world so I always hit the beach!)
This is where I'm lost! The next stop is Brugge-should we leave on a later train this evening to go to Brugge or did I miss anything fantastic we should see on this day and leave for Brugge early the next morning? We will only have 1 full day in Brugge then on to France. By my schedule I have an empty day on Day 5-so am I trying to do too much on the other 4? They don't seem that crowded to me.
Thank you so much for any info you an give me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days outside Venice
- 2 Reaching the Lake District
- 3 Moldova and Transnistria
- 4 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Jewish Vienna
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Andalucia Spain
- 9 seat reservations
- 10 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 15 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 16 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 17 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 18 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 19 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 20 Italy in a week
- 21 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 22 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 23 Germany-Car or Train
- 24 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 25 SURPRISE TRIP