I have been working on my itiniary for the Amsterdam part of my trip and have roughed out the following schedule for 5 days. I would very much appreciate any advise anyone can offer! I think I did a good job of keeping everything kind of together in different sections of the city but who knows? Those little maps in the books and on line make everything look so much closer and easier than it usually is. The one thing I'm sure you will all see off the bat is that I'm not hitting the Van Gogh & Rijks together-that is on purpose-my husband will wig out if I drag him through 2 big museums on the same day!
Arrive on early flight-train to Amsterdam -get settled in Hotel
3 Hour City Walk
New Church (on walk)
Jordaan neighborhood Walk (about 90 minutes)
Van Gogh Museum
Canal Boat Tour
Anne Frank House (late visit in the evening)
Tropical Museum & Botanical Gardens?? Not sure about this..any comments appreciated
Late Afternoon Red Light District Walk & sites
Heinekin Brewery Tour
Ferry across the Harbor for the amazing view I read about?
Zandervoot Beach (I collect sand from around the world so I always hit the beach!)
This is where I'm lost! The next stop is Brugge-should we leave on a later train this evening to go to Brugge or did I miss anything fantastic we should see on this day and leave for Brugge early the next morning? We will only have 1 full day in Brugge then on to France. By my schedule I have an empty day on Day 5-so am I trying to do too much on the other 4? They don't seem that crowded to me.
Thank you so much for any info you an give me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 2 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 3 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 4 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 5 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 6 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 7 Norway Itinerary
- 8 train or plane
- 9 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 10 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 11 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 12 A Month stay in Southern France
- 13 restaurants in Marais district
- 14 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 15 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 16 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 17 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 18 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 19 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 20 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 21 Shoes in Scotland
- 22 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 23 Alsace for 5 days and 6 more days- where???
- 24 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 25 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip