I have been working on my itiniary for the Amsterdam part of my trip and have roughed out the following schedule for 5 days. I would very much appreciate any advise anyone can offer! I think I did a good job of keeping everything kind of together in different sections of the city but who knows? Those little maps in the books and on line make everything look so much closer and easier than it usually is. The one thing I'm sure you will all see off the bat is that I'm not hitting the Van Gogh & Rijks together-that is on purpose-my husband will wig out if I drag him through 2 big museums on the same day!
Arrive on early flight-train to Amsterdam -get settled in Hotel
3 Hour City Walk
New Church (on walk)
Jordaan neighborhood Walk (about 90 minutes)
Van Gogh Museum
Canal Boat Tour
Anne Frank House (late visit in the evening)
Tropical Museum & Botanical Gardens?? Not sure about this..any comments appreciated
Late Afternoon Red Light District Walk & sites
Heinekin Brewery Tour
Ferry across the Harbor for the amazing view I read about?
Zandervoot Beach (I collect sand from around the world so I always hit the beach!)
This is where I'm lost! The next stop is Brugge-should we leave on a later train this evening to go to Brugge or did I miss anything fantastic we should see on this day and leave for Brugge early the next morning? We will only have 1 full day in Brugge then on to France. By my schedule I have an empty day on Day 5-so am I trying to do too much on the other 4? They don't seem that crowded to me.
Thank you so much for any info you an give me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 2 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 3 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 4 Bordeaux to Nice
- 5 Travel in Europe
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 8 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 9 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 Whathello Paris
- 12 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 13 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 Crete Holiday
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 Rome to Venice
- 18 One free day in Barcelona
- 19 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 20 November in Rome
- 21 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 22 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 23 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa