I intend to spend 4N in Amsterdam. Apart from the obvious like the canals, Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank house, what are the other places of interest that you would recommend? I like natural beauty, stunning landscapes, local neighborhoods, biking, art & culture, gastronomy (but I am a vegetarian & teetotaller), people-watching, live music, etc. Any particular plaza or public spaces for people-watching/picnic/open concerts? Any great day-trip you'd recommend?
I have read that Amsterdam is famous for its biking-friendly infrastructure. Is it like velib in Paris where one can use bikes parked in public parking spots & pay nominal charge for long usage? Are there any scenic routes I should definitely bike around?
Considering my interests, Amsterdam's layout & my profile (young, use public transportation, like walking/biking around), which area should I stay in? If budget influences area choice, to clarify, I am ok to stay in a modest place as long as it is safe, clean & convenient to get around.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 2 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 3 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 6 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 7 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 8 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 9 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 10 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Train help for Prague
- 13 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 14 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 15 driving from prague to salzburg
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Swiss Travel Pass
- 18 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 19 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 20 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 21 Germany train help!
- 22 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 23 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 24 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 25 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay