I intend to spend 4N in Amsterdam. Apart from the obvious like the canals, Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank house, what are the other places of interest that you would recommend? I like natural beauty, stunning landscapes, local neighborhoods, biking, art & culture, gastronomy (but I am a vegetarian & teetotaller), people-watching, live music, etc. Any particular plaza or public spaces for people-watching/picnic/open concerts? Any great day-trip you'd recommend?
I have read that Amsterdam is famous for its biking-friendly infrastructure. Is it like velib in Paris where one can use bikes parked in public parking spots & pay nominal charge for long usage? Are there any scenic routes I should definitely bike around?
Considering my interests, Amsterdam's layout & my profile (young, use public transportation, like walking/biking around), which area should I stay in? If budget influences area choice, to clarify, I am ok to stay in a modest place as long as it is safe, clean & convenient to get around.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 2 Oxford England Accommodations
- 3 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 4 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 5 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 6 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 7 Croatia transportation question.
- 8 Places of interest
- 9 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 10 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 11 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 12 Ireland travel passport question
- 13 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 A Month stay in Southern France
- 16 vienna
- 17 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 18 getting to CDG
- 19 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 20 Ireland hotel questions
- 21 Questions about Polish sights
- 22 Croatia Ferry Help
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden