I intend to spend 4N in Amsterdam. Apart from the obvious like the canals, Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank house, what are the other places of interest that you would recommend? I like natural beauty, stunning landscapes, local neighborhoods, biking, art & culture, gastronomy (but I am a vegetarian & teetotaller), people-watching, live music, etc. Any particular plaza or public spaces for people-watching/picnic/open concerts? Any great day-trip you'd recommend?
I have read that Amsterdam is famous for its biking-friendly infrastructure. Is it like velib in Paris where one can use bikes parked in public parking spots & pay nominal charge for long usage? Are there any scenic routes I should definitely bike around?
Considering my interests, Amsterdam's layout & my profile (young, use public transportation, like walking/biking around), which area should I stay in? If budget influences area choice, to clarify, I am ok to stay in a modest place as long as it is safe, clean & convenient to get around.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pogo @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Italy in January?
- 3 10 days in London in early December
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 6 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 10 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 11 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 14 Scotland in December
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 18 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 19 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 20 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 21 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 24 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 25 Iceland