I intend to spend 4N in Amsterdam. Apart from the obvious like the canals, Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank house, what are the other places of interest that you would recommend? I like natural beauty, stunning landscapes, local neighborhoods, biking, art & culture, gastronomy (but I am a vegetarian & teetotaller), people-watching, live music, etc. Any particular plaza or public spaces for people-watching/picnic/open concerts? Any great day-trip you'd recommend?
I have read that Amsterdam is famous for its biking-friendly infrastructure. Is it like velib in Paris where one can use bikes parked in public parking spots & pay nominal charge for long usage? Are there any scenic routes I should definitely bike around?
Considering my interests, Amsterdam's layout & my profile (young, use public transportation, like walking/biking around), which area should I stay in? If budget influences area choice, to clarify, I am ok to stay in a modest place as long as it is safe, clean & convenient to get around.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://trycognimaxiq.com/lash-rejuv/
- 2 TIM in FCO - update
- 3 Visa Query
- 4 London in Winter Report
- 5 Visit to Sardinia
- 6 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 7 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 8 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 9 Legal documents assistants
- 10 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 11 ATM help
- 12 ATM
- 13 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 14 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 15 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 16 London is it worth it?
- 17 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 18 Montserrat Express
- 19 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 20 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 21 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 22 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 23 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 24 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 25 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?