I intend to spend 4N in Amsterdam. Apart from the obvious like the canals, Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank house, what are the other places of interest that you would recommend? I like natural beauty, stunning landscapes, local neighborhoods, biking, art & culture, gastronomy (but I am a vegetarian & teetotaller), people-watching, live music, etc. Any particular plaza or public spaces for people-watching/picnic/open concerts? Any great day-trip you'd recommend?
I have read that Amsterdam is famous for its biking-friendly infrastructure. Is it like velib in Paris where one can use bikes parked in public parking spots & pay nominal charge for long usage? Are there any scenic routes I should definitely bike around?
Considering my interests, Amsterdam's layout & my profile (young, use public transportation, like walking/biking around), which area should I stay in? If budget influences area choice, to clarify, I am ok to stay in a modest place as long as it is safe, clean & convenient to get around.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 4 Tracking the Weather
- 5 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 6 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 7 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 14 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 15 Which Day?
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 18 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 23 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 24 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 25 First trip to Greece (last minute!)