Wanting some advice and recommendations for the following rough itinerary I have made for our 3 nights in Amsterdam. We are staying at Best Western Dam Square Inn, which includes breakfast. This is our last stop on our one month adventure. We are in our early twenties, not interested in art, not interested in drinking/smoking.
I have a lot of free time, to just walk, explore, eat and soak up the atmosphere.
If anyone has any recommendations to add, please let me know!
Monday - 30 September
-Arrive from Bruges at Amsterdam Central at 3:45PM
-Walk to hotel (9 minutes)
-Walk to Dam Square, explore local area
Tuesday – 1 October
-10:20 Anne Frank House (pre purchased tickets)
-Explore the Jordaan area and have lunch **Any particular streets to explore or just walk aimlessly?
-Canal Cruise *Any that leave from the Jordaan area?
-Back to hotel to refresh
-Red light district tour *Recommendations for tour company?
Wednesday – 2 October
-Albert Cuyp Market (Ferdinand Bolstraat 44, Amsterdam)
-Rent a bike and ride through Vondel Park
-Rest of the day is free
-15 Bridges (corner of Reguliersgracht/Herengracht) (night)
Thursday – 3 October
-Catch train from Central at 4:30pm to be at Schiphol airport for flight home at 7:10PM. *Allowing enough time?!
Amsterdam Itinerary Advice - Sept/Oct
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 2 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 3 Maratea
- 4 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 5 2 different itineraries
- 6 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 7 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 8 10 Day trip and want to see Rome - Florence - Cinque Terre - Venice
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 11 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 12 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 13 France in 2003
- 14 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 15 Home Base in Belgium
- 16 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 17 Now for the Venice hotel
- 18 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 19 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 20 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?
- 21 Arles as a base?
- 22 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 23 My Camino de Santiago
- 24 Rocamaxour
- 25 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland