Wanting some advice and recommendations for the following rough itinerary I have made for our 3 nights in Amsterdam. We are staying at Best Western Dam Square Inn, which includes breakfast. This is our last stop on our one month adventure. We are in our early twenties, not interested in art, not interested in drinking/smoking.
I have a lot of free time, to just walk, explore, eat and soak up the atmosphere.
If anyone has any recommendations to add, please let me know!
Monday - 30 September
-Arrive from Bruges at Amsterdam Central at 3:45PM
-Walk to hotel (9 minutes)
-Walk to Dam Square, explore local area
Tuesday – 1 October
-10:20 Anne Frank House (pre purchased tickets)
-Explore the Jordaan area and have lunch **Any particular streets to explore or just walk aimlessly?
-Canal Cruise *Any that leave from the Jordaan area?
-Back to hotel to refresh
-Red light district tour *Recommendations for tour company?
Wednesday – 2 October
-Albert Cuyp Market (Ferdinand Bolstraat 44, Amsterdam)
-Rent a bike and ride through Vondel Park
-Rest of the day is free
-15 Bridges (corner of Reguliersgracht/Herengracht) (night)
Thursday – 3 October
-Catch train from Central at 4:30pm to be at Schiphol airport for flight home at 7:10PM. *Allowing enough time?!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 2 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 3 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 4 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 5 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 6 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 7 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 8 Scenic Driving Routes
- 9 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 10 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 11 Vienna to Bratislava
- 12 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 13 1 way ticket
- 14 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 15 pareja de hecho in Spain
- 16 Visiting Spain in January
- 17 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 18 What type of visa is right for me?
- 19 Paris---baguette question???
- 20 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 21 French immersion courses in France
- 22 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 23 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 24 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 25 Puglia & Matera in photos