Wanting some advice and recommendations for the following rough itinerary I have made for our 3 nights in Amsterdam. We are staying at Best Western Dam Square Inn, which includes breakfast. This is our last stop on our one month adventure. We are in our early twenties, not interested in art, not interested in drinking/smoking.
I have a lot of free time, to just walk, explore, eat and soak up the atmosphere.
If anyone has any recommendations to add, please let me know!
Monday - 30 September
-Arrive from Bruges at Amsterdam Central at 3:45PM
-Walk to hotel (9 minutes)
-Walk to Dam Square, explore local area
Tuesday – 1 October
-10:20 Anne Frank House (pre purchased tickets)
-Explore the Jordaan area and have lunch **Any particular streets to explore or just walk aimlessly?
-Canal Cruise *Any that leave from the Jordaan area?
-Back to hotel to refresh
-Red light district tour *Recommendations for tour company?
Wednesday – 2 October
-Albert Cuyp Market (Ferdinand Bolstraat 44, Amsterdam)
-Rent a bike and ride through Vondel Park
-Rest of the day is free
-15 Bridges (corner of Reguliersgracht/Herengracht) (night)
Thursday – 3 October
-Catch train from Central at 4:30pm to be at Schiphol airport for flight home at 7:10PM. *Allowing enough time?!
Amsterdam Itinerary Advice - Sept/Oct
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal end of August - Barcelos - clothing?
- 2 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 3 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 4 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 5 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 6 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 7 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 8 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 9 Cotswolds village base
- 10 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 11 Netherlands Delta Works
- 12 Southern Italy without a Car
- 13 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 14 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 15 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 16 Hotel in Rome?
- 17 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 18 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 19 Visit to Bath and London england
- 20 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 21 Bus to Vietri Sul Mare?
- 22 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 23 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?
- 24 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 25 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest