Wanting some advice and recommendations for the following rough itinerary I have made for our 3 nights in Amsterdam. We are staying at Best Western Dam Square Inn, which includes breakfast. This is our last stop on our one month adventure. We are in our early twenties, not interested in art, not interested in drinking/smoking.
I have a lot of free time, to just walk, explore, eat and soak up the atmosphere.
If anyone has any recommendations to add, please let me know!
Monday - 30 September
-Arrive from Bruges at Amsterdam Central at 3:45PM
-Walk to hotel (9 minutes)
-Walk to Dam Square, explore local area
Tuesday – 1 October
-10:20 Anne Frank House (pre purchased tickets)
-Explore the Jordaan area and have lunch **Any particular streets to explore or just walk aimlessly?
-Canal Cruise *Any that leave from the Jordaan area?
-Back to hotel to refresh
-Red light district tour *Recommendations for tour company?
Wednesday – 2 October
-Albert Cuyp Market (Ferdinand Bolstraat 44, Amsterdam)
-Rent a bike and ride through Vondel Park
-Rest of the day is free
-15 Bridges (corner of Reguliersgracht/Herengracht) (night)
Thursday – 3 October
-Catch train from Central at 4:30pm to be at Schiphol airport for flight home at 7:10PM. *Allowing enough time?!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whistle stop family road trip
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 4 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 5 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 8 Zadar or Sibenik
- 9 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 11 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 12 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 13 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 14 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 15 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 16 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 17 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 18 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 19 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 20 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 21 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 22 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 23 National Museum in Krakow; Auschwitz art
- 24 Beauty of Bruges and Brussels
- 25 B&Bs in Ireland