I will be in London in mid-October (around Oct 15th) for a few days and was wondering if I should visit Amsterdam. How is the weather in Amsterdam that time of the year? Not only the weather but the city itself. A friend of mine visited Amsterdam a couple of days after New Year in January and found it nearly empty as if the city had packed up and gone home. While I prefer to avoid hordes of crowd like anyone else, I would rather see lively, vibrant streets rather than a ghost town
If the trip to Amsterdam is not worth it that time of the year, I could save it for some other time (though I don't know when that would be, could be a few years as I visit Europe once in a couple of years)
Amsterdam in mid October
- 1 Do and don't, eating in France
- 2 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 3 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 4 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 5 Rhine River Lights Fireworks
- 6 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 7 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 8 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 9 london travelcrard
- 10 Am I too fat too travel?
- 11 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 12 Cross-Pollinate apartments for London? Any experience?
- 13 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 14 France Itinerary Help
- 15 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 16 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 17 Paris Ticket t+
- 18 Vueling - Be Very Careful
- 19 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 20 Best area to stay in Rome
- 21 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 22 Public transport to Sol Metro area from Madrid airport
- 23 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 24 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 25 How should I plan my hiking/boat day trip to Cinque Terre?