I will be in London in mid-October (around Oct 15th) for a few days and was wondering if I should visit Amsterdam. How is the weather in Amsterdam that time of the year? Not only the weather but the city itself. A friend of mine visited Amsterdam a couple of days after New Year in January and found it nearly empty as if the city had packed up and gone home. While I prefer to avoid hordes of crowd like anyone else, I would rather see lively, vibrant streets rather than a ghost town
If the trip to Amsterdam is not worth it that time of the year, I could save it for some other time (though I don't know when that would be, could be a few years as I visit Europe once in a couple of years)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 2 Safe to Travel?
- 3 Rotisserie Chicken on Paris
- 4 Charles de Gaulle airport: Speediest arrival and departure ever!
- 5 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 6 Car rental leaving Rome
- 7 Help needed for itinerary planning: Iceland
- 8 Ideas for Month in Germany
- 9 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 10 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 11 Boots for Christmastime in Germany?
- 12 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 13 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 14 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 15 Airfare from Boston to Rome
- 16 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 17 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 18 Hotel in Tenerife, Canary Islands
- 19 Why Not Helsinki?
- 20 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 21 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 22 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 23 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 24 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 25 8 days in Vienna in December