I will be in London in mid-October (around Oct 15th) for a few days and was wondering if I should visit Amsterdam. How is the weather in Amsterdam that time of the year? Not only the weather but the city itself. A friend of mine visited Amsterdam a couple of days after New Year in January and found it nearly empty as if the city had packed up and gone home. While I prefer to avoid hordes of crowd like anyone else, I would rather see lively, vibrant streets rather than a ghost town
If the trip to Amsterdam is not worth it that time of the year, I could save it for some other time (though I don't know when that would be, could be a few years as I visit Europe once in a couple of years)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help!
- 2 Skip the line passes for Venice, Florence, Rome
- 3 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 4 London Itinerary and Questions
- 5 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 6 Well, I'm always warning people
- 7 Iceland and Germany, late Oct.-Nov trip, need feedback!
- 8 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 9 Geneva Airport Arrival
- 10 italy itinerary
- 11 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 12 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 13 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 14 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 15 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 16 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 17 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 18 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 19 Istanbul: Where to buy well-made slippers in Sultanahmet (Arasta...)?
- 20 5 Days in Corsica
- 21 Cork or Galway?
- 22 French lavender and cottages
- 23 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 24 Barcelona completely overrated
- 25 3 days to spend in europe