I will be in London in mid-October (around Oct 15th) for a few days and was wondering if I should visit Amsterdam. How is the weather in Amsterdam that time of the year? Not only the weather but the city itself. A friend of mine visited Amsterdam a couple of days after New Year in January and found it nearly empty as if the city had packed up and gone home. While I prefer to avoid hordes of crowd like anyone else, I would rather see lively, vibrant streets rather than a ghost town
If the trip to Amsterdam is not worth it that time of the year, I could save it for some other time (though I don't know when that would be, could be a few years as I visit Europe once in a couple of years)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Emergencies in Ireland
- 2 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 3 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 4 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 5 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 6 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 7 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 8 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 9 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 10 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 11 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 12 Boat hire in Arcachon
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Food in Positano
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Edinburgh to Skye
- 17 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 18 4 days itinerary for France
- 19 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 20 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 21 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 22 3 weeks in Spain
- 23 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 24 Rent a car in England
- 25 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?