I will be in London in mid-October (around Oct 15th) for a few days and was wondering if I should visit Amsterdam. How is the weather in Amsterdam that time of the year? Not only the weather but the city itself. A friend of mine visited Amsterdam a couple of days after New Year in January and found it nearly empty as if the city had packed up and gone home. While I prefer to avoid hordes of crowd like anyone else, I would rather see lively, vibrant streets rather than a ghost town
If the trip to Amsterdam is not worth it that time of the year, I could save it for some other time (though I don't know when that would be, could be a few years as I visit Europe once in a couple of years)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tipping
- 2 Rome at Christmas
- 3 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 4 Douro Valley 3 nights
- 5 Help: Itinerary Planning for Iceland
- 6 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 7 Icelandic Air Stopover
- 8 Signature Saint Germaine or La TourviLe
- 9 Where to go? Iceland vs Czech Republic?
- 10 Provins on a weekday?
- 11 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 12 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 13 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 14 Sorrento or Positano
- 15 Romania: Visa and Schengen
- 16 From Galway: go north or south???
- 17 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 18 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 19 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 20 Paris and Lyon
- 21 Madrid Spain Hotels near Prado Museum
- 22 Santorini and Positano.
- 23 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 24 Tips question
- 25 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS