I will be in London in mid-October (around Oct 15th) for a few days and was wondering if I should visit Amsterdam. How is the weather in Amsterdam that time of the year? Not only the weather but the city itself. A friend of mine visited Amsterdam a couple of days after New Year in January and found it nearly empty as if the city had packed up and gone home. While I prefer to avoid hordes of crowd like anyone else, I would rather see lively, vibrant streets rather than a ghost town
If the trip to Amsterdam is not worth it that time of the year, I could save it for some other time (though I don't know when that would be, could be a few years as I visit Europe once in a couple of years)
Amsterdam in mid October
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 Medieval Tallinn
- 3 Italian language schools
- 4 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 5 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 6 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 7 Thermal Bathing in Sciacca, Sicily
- 8 Itinerary Questions
- 9 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 10 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 11 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 12 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 13 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 14 When to visit Provence updated info
- 15 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 16 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 17 Prague Main Train Station
- 18 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 19 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 20 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 21 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Place to propose
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome