I will be in London in mid-October (around Oct 15th) for a few days and was wondering if I should visit Amsterdam. How is the weather in Amsterdam that time of the year? Not only the weather but the city itself. A friend of mine visited Amsterdam a couple of days after New Year in January and found it nearly empty as if the city had packed up and gone home. While I prefer to avoid hordes of crowd like anyone else, I would rather see lively, vibrant streets rather than a ghost town
If the trip to Amsterdam is not worth it that time of the year, I could save it for some other time (though I don't know when that would be, could be a few years as I visit Europe once in a couple of years)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 4 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 5 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 6 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 9 Italy Car Scam
- 10 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 11 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 12 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 13 Driving through Paris
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Road trip with our dog
- 16 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 21 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 22 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 23 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 24 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 25 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area