I will be in London in mid-October (around Oct 15th) for a few days and was wondering if I should visit Amsterdam. How is the weather in Amsterdam that time of the year? Not only the weather but the city itself. A friend of mine visited Amsterdam a couple of days after New Year in January and found it nearly empty as if the city had packed up and gone home. While I prefer to avoid hordes of crowd like anyone else, I would rather see lively, vibrant streets rather than a ghost town
If the trip to Amsterdam is not worth it that time of the year, I could save it for some other time (though I don't know when that would be, could be a few years as I visit Europe once in a couple of years)
Amsterdam in mid October
- 1 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 2 Connection in Newark EWR
- 3 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 4 Rome Airport to Amalfi Coast
- 5 Renfi for Rail Europe
- 6 Beauty Products in France?!
- 7 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova
- 8 San Remo Italy to Paris
- 9 Charles de Gaulle to Paris Bercy train station and Sim card
- 10 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 11 10 day switzerland itinerary by train
- 12 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 13 Renting an apartment in Edinburgh
- 14 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 15 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 16 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 17 Norway, Sweden, but have to make it to Marseille
- 18 Berne or Montreux, I can't decide
- 19 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 20 Venice at Christmas?
- 21 Help with itenerary
- 22 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 23 La Samaritaine (Paris): what's happening?
- 24 RENTAL CAR - in Cortona, Italy ?
- 25 What is the best food in France?