I will be in London in mid-October (around Oct 15th) for a few days and was wondering if I should visit Amsterdam. How is the weather in Amsterdam that time of the year? Not only the weather but the city itself. A friend of mine visited Amsterdam a couple of days after New Year in January and found it nearly empty as if the city had packed up and gone home. While I prefer to avoid hordes of crowd like anyone else, I would rather see lively, vibrant streets rather than a ghost town
If the trip to Amsterdam is not worth it that time of the year, I could save it for some other time (though I don't know when that would be, could be a few years as I visit Europe once in a couple of years)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oporto
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 6 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 7 Perugia
- 8 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 9 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 10 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 11 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 12 Ronda Wine/biking
- 13 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 14 St Denis Cathedral
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 18 Andalucia itinerary help
- 19 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 20 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 21 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 22 Day trips from Florence
- 23 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 24 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 25 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland