I will be in London in mid-October (around Oct 15th) for a few days and was wondering if I should visit Amsterdam. How is the weather in Amsterdam that time of the year? Not only the weather but the city itself. A friend of mine visited Amsterdam a couple of days after New Year in January and found it nearly empty as if the city had packed up and gone home. While I prefer to avoid hordes of crowd like anyone else, I would rather see lively, vibrant streets rather than a ghost town
If the trip to Amsterdam is not worth it that time of the year, I could save it for some other time (though I don't know when that would be, could be a few years as I visit Europe once in a couple of years)
Amsterdam in mid October
- 1 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 2 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 3 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations
- 4 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 5 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 6 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 7 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 8 Northern Italy second week of June 2013
- 9 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 10 Where to stay in Glasgow and Edinburgh Scotland
- 11 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 12 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 13 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 14 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 15 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 16 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 17 Normandy on our own?
- 18 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 19 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 20 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 21 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 22 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 23 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 24 Tuscany Lodging - Ankhura vs. Terre di Nano
- 25 Ordering wine in Paris