I will be in London in mid-October (around Oct 15th) for a few days and was wondering if I should visit Amsterdam. How is the weather in Amsterdam that time of the year? Not only the weather but the city itself. A friend of mine visited Amsterdam a couple of days after New Year in January and found it nearly empty as if the city had packed up and gone home. While I prefer to avoid hordes of crowd like anyone else, I would rather see lively, vibrant streets rather than a ghost town
If the trip to Amsterdam is not worth it that time of the year, I could save it for some other time (though I don't know when that would be, could be a few years as I visit Europe once in a couple of years)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 2 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 3 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 4 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 5 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 6 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 7 "Never Mind"
- 8 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 9 Killarney
- 10 Cornwall Advice
- 11 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 12 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 13 Florence Travel Guide
- 14 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 15 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 16 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 17 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 18 Rome Advice?
- 19 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 20 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 21 Italian lakes
- 22 Via del Sale, Italy
- 23 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 24 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 25 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!