I will be in London in mid-October (around Oct 15th) for a few days and was wondering if I should visit Amsterdam. How is the weather in Amsterdam that time of the year? Not only the weather but the city itself. A friend of mine visited Amsterdam a couple of days after New Year in January and found it nearly empty as if the city had packed up and gone home. While I prefer to avoid hordes of crowd like anyone else, I would rather see lively, vibrant streets rather than a ghost town
If the trip to Amsterdam is not worth it that time of the year, I could save it for some other time (though I don't know when that would be, could be a few years as I visit Europe once in a couple of years)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 2 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 3 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 4 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 5 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 6 Advices about our itiniary
- 7 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 8 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 9 Paris Under Seige...
- 10 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 11 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 12 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 13 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 14 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 15 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 16 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 17 Stroller in Europe
- 18 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 19 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 20 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 21 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 22 Car rental leaving Rome
- 23 NEED HELP PLANNING SPAIN ITINERARY
- 24 Why Not Helsinki?
- 25 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please