I'm planning a long delayed first visit to Amsterdam for early May. Having a hard time deciding between a houseboat, which sounds like a cool experience as long as you get a good one, a hotel near the museum area, or a small apartment either in the Jordaan area, or a bit further out in Amsterdam Nord.
I'll be there for 6 full days with main objective being the #1 bucket list item of the Van Gogh museum. Plan on seeing some of the usual tourist highlights of the city, plus probably 3 day trips out to Haarlem, the windmills, and tulip fields.
Would it be most convenient to be nearer the Central Station considering the day trips? Would the Amsterdam Nord area be too far out for quick public trans over to the museums, etc.? I'm a light sleeper and wonder if the hotels in the museum area will be too noisy. Also have heard of problems with mosquitoes in apts without A/C when leaving the windows open if I hit a stretch of warm weather. I hate mosquitoes because they love me.....
For those of you who have visited, I would love your opinions.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인바둑이┏乐】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【乐┓온라인바둑이
- 2 지존게임┏当】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【当┓지존게임
- 3 타이젬게임┏谷】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【谷┓타이젬게임
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 봉봉게임┏渋】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【渋┓봉봉게임
- 6 Greek fuel cost
- 7 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 8 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 9 Day trips around Vienna
- 10 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 11 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 12 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 13 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 14 Vacation
- 15 Rouen Tour Companies
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 18 Praiano hotel question
- 19 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 20 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 21 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 22 St Denis Cathedral
- 23 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 24 Italy bus or train
- 25 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas