I am taking my 2 daughters and 2 nieces to Europe this May. They are all Early 20s. We are landing in Amsterdam and working our way down the Mosel valley to Paris in 14 days.
We are taking 1 backpack and 1 20" rolling carry on each. I've researched the temps, and the weather histories say
high of around 60 and lows in the 40s. Based in this we were thinking of the packable down coats from Eddie Bauer. They are super warm, and pack down really small. We could layer this over sweaters and use scarves, etc to keep warm.
However, I read a thread on here which said all you need is a light jacket or windbreaker and a sweater. It seems most imply it is just horribly tacky to wear one of these jackets in Europe.
I am hoping for some advice on what type of outerwear is needed for this time of year.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 2 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 5 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 6 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 7 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Help on ancient history route
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 12 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 13 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 14 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 15 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 Switzerland in October
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 20 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 21 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 22 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 23 Tuscany First Time
- 24 Iceland car rental agencies
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.