I am taking my 2 daughters and 2 nieces to Europe this May. They are all Early 20s. We are landing in Amsterdam and working our way down the Mosel valley to Paris in 14 days.
We are taking 1 backpack and 1 20" rolling carry on each. I've researched the temps, and the weather histories say
high of around 60 and lows in the 40s. Based in this we were thinking of the packable down coats from Eddie Bauer. They are super warm, and pack down really small. We could layer this over sweaters and use scarves, etc to keep warm.
However, I read a thread on here which said all you need is a light jacket or windbreaker and a sweater. It seems most imply it is just horribly tacky to wear one of these jackets in Europe.
I am hoping for some advice on what type of outerwear is needed for this time of year.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 4 getting to CDG
- 5 Towersey, London
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 8 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 9 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 15 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 18 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Amalfi Coast help
- 21 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 22 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 23 Ireland in April
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!