I am taking my 2 daughters and 2 nieces to Europe this May. They are all Early 20s. We are landing in Amsterdam and working our way down the Mosel valley to Paris in 14 days.
We are taking 1 backpack and 1 20" rolling carry on each. I've researched the temps, and the weather histories say
high of around 60 and lows in the 40s. Based in this we were thinking of the packable down coats from Eddie Bauer. They are super warm, and pack down really small. We could layer this over sweaters and use scarves, etc to keep warm.
However, I read a thread on here which said all you need is a light jacket or windbreaker and a sweater. It seems most imply it is just horribly tacky to wear one of these jackets in Europe.
I am hoping for some advice on what type of outerwear is needed for this time of year.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 3 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 4 Last minute trip to Capri
- 5 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 6 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 7 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 8 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 9 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 10 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 11 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 12 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 13 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 14 London Theater
- 15 Salzburg itinerary review
- 16 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 17 Poland to Austria In December
- 18 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 23 Private Guide in Lyon
- 24 Norwegian Air?
- 25 Highclare Castle