I am taking my 2 daughters and 2 nieces to Europe this May. They are all Early 20s. We are landing in Amsterdam and working our way down the Mosel valley to Paris in 14 days.
We are taking 1 backpack and 1 20" rolling carry on each. I've researched the temps, and the weather histories say
high of around 60 and lows in the 40s. Based in this we were thinking of the packable down coats from Eddie Bauer. They are super warm, and pack down really small. We could layer this over sweaters and use scarves, etc to keep warm.
However, I read a thread on here which said all you need is a light jacket or windbreaker and a sweater. It seems most imply it is just horribly tacky to wear one of these jackets in Europe.
I am hoping for some advice on what type of outerwear is needed for this time of year.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Electrical Power Conversion
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Douro Valley in January?
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 8 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 14 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 15 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 16 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 17 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 20 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 21 Spanish Medical Providers
- 22 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 23 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 24 Barcelona alternative
- 25 wondering if this trip too ambitious