I am finally adventuring somewhere other than bella Italia and I would love some advice. I feel a bit out of my comfort zone as far as distances and transportation modes go!
Into Amsterdam, early am arrival
4 or 5 nts Amsterdam - see Van Gogh & Rijksmuseum (SP?), wander city, canal boat tour, Haarlem and windmills park
train to Cologne - brief sight see cathedral and pick up rental car
drive to Mosel River area
3 nts stay Beilstein - visit Burg Eltz, Cochem, bike, cruise
drive to Bacharach - 2 nts, see a bit of the Rhine
drive thru Black Forrest, stay? 1 nt
drive to Fussen / Reutte - visit castles 3 nts?
fly home from Munich or Frankfurt? Drop car at airport.
How/where to fit in Rothenburg?
Is this a reasonable plan? Some castles, some wine tasting, some churches, hiking, biking. No interest in Baden Baden although people say it's beautiful. Am I missing something?
Thanks so much for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Days in Corsica
- 2 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 3 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 4 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 5 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 6 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 7 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 8 Skip the line passes for Venice, Florence, Rome
- 9 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 10 cell phone companys
- 11 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 12 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 13 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 14 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 15 Itinerary Help!
- 16 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 17 London Itinerary and Questions
- 18 Well, I'm always warning people
- 19 Iceland and Germany, late Oct.-Nov trip, need feedback!
- 20 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 21 Geneva Airport Arrival
- 22 italy itinerary
- 23 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 24 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 25 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?