I am finally adventuring somewhere other than bella Italia and I would love some advice. I feel a bit out of my comfort zone as far as distances and transportation modes go!
Into Amsterdam, early am arrival
4 or 5 nts Amsterdam - see Van Gogh & Rijksmuseum (SP?), wander city, canal boat tour, Haarlem and windmills park
train to Cologne - brief sight see cathedral and pick up rental car
drive to Mosel River area
3 nts stay Beilstein - visit Burg Eltz, Cochem, bike, cruise
drive to Bacharach - 2 nts, see a bit of the Rhine
drive thru Black Forrest, stay? 1 nt
drive to Fussen / Reutte - visit castles 3 nts?
fly home from Munich or Frankfurt? Drop car at airport.
How/where to fit in Rothenburg?
Is this a reasonable plan? Some castles, some wine tasting, some churches, hiking, biking. No interest in Baden Baden although people say it's beautiful. Am I missing something?
Thanks so much for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 2 Budapest Hotels
- 3 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 4 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 5 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 6 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 7 First trip to Italy
- 8 Ireland & Scotland
- 9 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 10 London's Must Sights!
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 13 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 14 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 15 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 16 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 17 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 18 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 19 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 20 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 21 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 22 4 days in switzerland
- 23 Vienna or Budapest?
- 24 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 25 Swiss Pass dilemma