I am finally adventuring somewhere other than bella Italia and I would love some advice. I feel a bit out of my comfort zone as far as distances and transportation modes go!
Into Amsterdam, early am arrival
4 or 5 nts Amsterdam - see Van Gogh & Rijksmuseum (SP?), wander city, canal boat tour, Haarlem and windmills park
train to Cologne - brief sight see cathedral and pick up rental car
drive to Mosel River area
3 nts stay Beilstein - visit Burg Eltz, Cochem, bike, cruise
drive to Bacharach - 2 nts, see a bit of the Rhine
drive thru Black Forrest, stay? 1 nt
drive to Fussen / Reutte - visit castles 3 nts?
fly home from Munich or Frankfurt? Drop car at airport.
How/where to fit in Rothenburg?
Is this a reasonable plan? Some castles, some wine tasting, some churches, hiking, biking. No interest in Baden Baden although people say it's beautiful. Am I missing something?
Thanks so much for your advice!
Amsterdam & Germany - Itinerary Advice Please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 2 Coffee in Naples
- 3 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 4 A Sardinia trip report
- 5 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 6 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 7 First time Ireland trip
- 8 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 9 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 10 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 11 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 12 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 15 Granada
- 16 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 17 22 year olds in Europe
- 18 Eastern Europe
- 19 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 20 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 21 Azores
- 22 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 23 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 24 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 25 4 weeks in the UK