I am finally adventuring somewhere other than bella Italia and I would love some advice. I feel a bit out of my comfort zone as far as distances and transportation modes go!
Into Amsterdam, early am arrival
4 or 5 nts Amsterdam - see Van Gogh & Rijksmuseum (SP?), wander city, canal boat tour, Haarlem and windmills park
train to Cologne - brief sight see cathedral and pick up rental car
drive to Mosel River area
3 nts stay Beilstein - visit Burg Eltz, Cochem, bike, cruise
drive to Bacharach - 2 nts, see a bit of the Rhine
drive thru Black Forrest, stay? 1 nt
drive to Fussen / Reutte - visit castles 3 nts?
fly home from Munich or Frankfurt? Drop car at airport.
How/where to fit in Rothenburg?
Is this a reasonable plan? Some castles, some wine tasting, some churches, hiking, biking. No interest in Baden Baden although people say it's beautiful. Am I missing something?
Thanks so much for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip from Munich to Salzburg?
- 2 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 3 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 4 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 5 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 6 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 7 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 8 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 9 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 10 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 11 Alhambra
- 12 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 13 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 14 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 15 Dinge B&B
- 16 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 17 Gluten Free in Italy
- 18 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 19 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 20 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 21 Car rental in Paris
- 22 Canaries to Turkey in ten countries
- 23 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 24 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 25 Sentimental Journey