I am finally adventuring somewhere other than bella Italia and I would love some advice. I feel a bit out of my comfort zone as far as distances and transportation modes go!
Into Amsterdam, early am arrival
4 or 5 nts Amsterdam - see Van Gogh & Rijksmuseum (SP?), wander city, canal boat tour, Haarlem and windmills park
train to Cologne - brief sight see cathedral and pick up rental car
drive to Mosel River area
3 nts stay Beilstein - visit Burg Eltz, Cochem, bike, cruise
drive to Bacharach - 2 nts, see a bit of the Rhine
drive thru Black Forrest, stay? 1 nt
drive to Fussen / Reutte - visit castles 3 nts?
fly home from Munich or Frankfurt? Drop car at airport.
How/where to fit in Rothenburg?
Is this a reasonable plan? Some castles, some wine tasting, some churches, hiking, biking. No interest in Baden Baden although people say it's beautiful. Am I missing something?
Thanks so much for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 2 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 3 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 4 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 7 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 8 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 9 4 days each in London and Paris
- 10 Switzerland in September
- 11 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 12 A few more questions about Brittany
- 13 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 14 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 15 Positano or Sorrento?
- 16 Paris in November
- 17 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 18 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 19 London Theater
- 20 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 21 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 22 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 23 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 24 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 25 Drive from Lake Como to Venice