I am finally adventuring somewhere other than bella Italia and I would love some advice. I feel a bit out of my comfort zone as far as distances and transportation modes go!
Into Amsterdam, early am arrival
4 or 5 nts Amsterdam - see Van Gogh & Rijksmuseum (SP?), wander city, canal boat tour, Haarlem and windmills park
train to Cologne - brief sight see cathedral and pick up rental car
drive to Mosel River area
3 nts stay Beilstein - visit Burg Eltz, Cochem, bike, cruise
drive to Bacharach - 2 nts, see a bit of the Rhine
drive thru Black Forrest, stay? 1 nt
drive to Fussen / Reutte - visit castles 3 nts?
fly home from Munich or Frankfurt? Drop car at airport.
How/where to fit in Rothenburg?
Is this a reasonable plan? Some castles, some wine tasting, some churches, hiking, biking. No interest in Baden Baden although people say it's beautiful. Am I missing something?
Thanks so much for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 2 Barcelona question
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 5 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 6 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 7 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 8 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 11 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 12 Interesting places to visit
- 13 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 14 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 15 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 16 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 17 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 18 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 19 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 20 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 21 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 22 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 23 Train help for Prague
- 24 Germany train help!
- 25 Acropolis Athens