I am finally adventuring somewhere other than bella Italia and I would love some advice. I feel a bit out of my comfort zone as far as distances and transportation modes go!
Into Amsterdam, early am arrival
4 or 5 nts Amsterdam - see Van Gogh & Rijksmuseum (SP?), wander city, canal boat tour, Haarlem and windmills park
train to Cologne - brief sight see cathedral and pick up rental car
drive to Mosel River area
3 nts stay Beilstein - visit Burg Eltz, Cochem, bike, cruise
drive to Bacharach - 2 nts, see a bit of the Rhine
drive thru Black Forrest, stay? 1 nt
drive to Fussen / Reutte - visit castles 3 nts?
fly home from Munich or Frankfurt? Drop car at airport.
How/where to fit in Rothenburg?
Is this a reasonable plan? Some castles, some wine tasting, some churches, hiking, biking. No interest in Baden Baden although people say it's beautiful. Am I missing something?
Thanks so much for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 4 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 5 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 6 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 7 Need Information about French Alps
- 8 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 9 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 10 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 11 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 12 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 13 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 14 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 15 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 16 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 17 Cordoba Overnight?
- 18 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 19 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 20 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 21 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 22 Uffizi Phone Number
- 23 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 24 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163