I am finally adventuring somewhere other than bella Italia and I would love some advice. I feel a bit out of my comfort zone as far as distances and transportation modes go!
Into Amsterdam, early am arrival
4 or 5 nts Amsterdam - see Van Gogh & Rijksmuseum (SP?), wander city, canal boat tour, Haarlem and windmills park
train to Cologne - brief sight see cathedral and pick up rental car
drive to Mosel River area
3 nts stay Beilstein - visit Burg Eltz, Cochem, bike, cruise
drive to Bacharach - 2 nts, see a bit of the Rhine
drive thru Black Forrest, stay? 1 nt
drive to Fussen / Reutte - visit castles 3 nts?
fly home from Munich or Frankfurt? Drop car at airport.
How/where to fit in Rothenburg?
Is this a reasonable plan? Some castles, some wine tasting, some churches, hiking, biking. No interest in Baden Baden although people say it's beautiful. Am I missing something?
Thanks so much for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 2 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 3 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 4 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 5 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 6 Wine Tour in Florence/Tuscany
- 7 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 8 Europe itinerary review
- 9 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 10 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 11 Train passes
- 12 Best places in Paris to catch Pokémon?
- 13 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 14 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 15 3 Days in Naples...
- 16 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 17 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 18 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 19 Our time in Rome
- 20 Renting International Cars from USA
- 21 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 22 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 23 Enjoying England for a year!
- 24 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 25 Iceland in 4 days?