I am finally adventuring somewhere other than bella Italia and I would love some advice. I feel a bit out of my comfort zone as far as distances and transportation modes go!
Into Amsterdam, early am arrival
4 or 5 nts Amsterdam - see Van Gogh & Rijksmuseum (SP?), wander city, canal boat tour, Haarlem and windmills park
train to Cologne - brief sight see cathedral and pick up rental car
drive to Mosel River area
3 nts stay Beilstein - visit Burg Eltz, Cochem, bike, cruise
drive to Bacharach - 2 nts, see a bit of the Rhine
drive thru Black Forrest, stay? 1 nt
drive to Fussen / Reutte - visit castles 3 nts?
fly home from Munich or Frankfurt? Drop car at airport.
How/where to fit in Rothenburg?
Is this a reasonable plan? Some castles, some wine tasting, some churches, hiking, biking. No interest in Baden Baden although people say it's beautiful. Am I missing something?
Thanks so much for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 2 Ballet Bolshoi
- 3 Le Marche, Italy
- 4 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 5 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 6 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 7 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 8 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 9 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 10 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 11 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 12 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 13 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 14 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 15 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 16 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 17 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 18 Trains France/Switzerland
- 19 fear of driving in rome!
- 20 Italy trains question
- 21 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 22 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 23 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 24 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 25 Need help identifying something in Barcelona