I am finally adventuring somewhere other than bella Italia and I would love some advice. I feel a bit out of my comfort zone as far as distances and transportation modes go!
Into Amsterdam, early am arrival
4 or 5 nts Amsterdam - see Van Gogh & Rijksmuseum (SP?), wander city, canal boat tour, Haarlem and windmills park
train to Cologne - brief sight see cathedral and pick up rental car
drive to Mosel River area
3 nts stay Beilstein - visit Burg Eltz, Cochem, bike, cruise
drive to Bacharach - 2 nts, see a bit of the Rhine
drive thru Black Forrest, stay? 1 nt
drive to Fussen / Reutte - visit castles 3 nts?
fly home from Munich or Frankfurt? Drop car at airport.
How/where to fit in Rothenburg?
Is this a reasonable plan? Some castles, some wine tasting, some churches, hiking, biking. No interest in Baden Baden although people say it's beautiful. Am I missing something?
Thanks so much for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 2 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 3 Berlin to ?
- 4 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 7 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 tickets for Wimbledon
- 11 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 12 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 13 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 14 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 15 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 16 Italy in January?
- 17 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Renting a car in Greece
- 20 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 21 Piedmont question
- 22 Insurance on rental car options
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 25 Help with Crete Itinerary