I am finally adventuring somewhere other than bella Italia and I would love some advice. I feel a bit out of my comfort zone as far as distances and transportation modes go!
Into Amsterdam, early am arrival
4 or 5 nts Amsterdam - see Van Gogh & Rijksmuseum (SP?), wander city, canal boat tour, Haarlem and windmills park
train to Cologne - brief sight see cathedral and pick up rental car
drive to Mosel River area
3 nts stay Beilstein - visit Burg Eltz, Cochem, bike, cruise
drive to Bacharach - 2 nts, see a bit of the Rhine
drive thru Black Forrest, stay? 1 nt
drive to Fussen / Reutte - visit castles 3 nts?
fly home from Munich or Frankfurt? Drop car at airport.
How/where to fit in Rothenburg?
Is this a reasonable plan? Some castles, some wine tasting, some churches, hiking, biking. No interest in Baden Baden although people say it's beautiful. Am I missing something?
Thanks so much for your advice!
Amsterdam & Germany - Itinerary Advice Please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 2 Camino No-No
- 3 Bus ride to Positano
- 4 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 5 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 6 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 7 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 8 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 9 Non-Crowded Europe in Mid-July
- 10 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 11 Travel Route from Spain to Portugal
- 12 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 13 Bayeux tapestry
- 14 Advice for large family trip to Ireland next summer
- 15 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 16 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 17 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 18 Europe itinerary advice
- 19 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 20 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 21 Day visit to Terezin Memorial - Tour or on our own?
- 22 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 23 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 24 Group Transportation in French Riviera
- 25 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London