I will be going to Amsterdam for two nights, then meeting my husband in Dusseldorf. After he works for a few days, we are planning on traveling around Germany for several days.
I will be alone in Amsterdam. I am in my 50's and was in Amsterdam 25 years ago. I would like to stay in a safe, central location, close to museums and restaurants. I know Amsterdam is expensive, but safety and location are the most important things. I was planning on taking a train to Dusseldorf to meet him the third day. Is the train a good idea?
When we leave Dusseldorf, we will have a car and were thinking about traveling down to Cologne, then maybe the Rheingau region? After that, not sure where to go or what to do.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL@Password Reset CONTACT ☎1 800:681:7208AOLTec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Studying art in English in venice
- 3 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 4 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 5 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 6 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 7 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 8 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 9 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 10 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 11 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 12 Berlin to ?
- 13 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 14 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 15 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 16 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 17 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 18 Trogir or Split
- 19 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 20 Scotland
- 21 Hotels in Turin
- 22 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 23 Istria in two days
- 24 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 25 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris