I will be going to Amsterdam for two nights, then meeting my husband in Dusseldorf. After he works for a few days, we are planning on traveling around Germany for several days.
I will be alone in Amsterdam. I am in my 50's and was in Amsterdam 25 years ago. I would like to stay in a safe, central location, close to museums and restaurants. I know Amsterdam is expensive, but safety and location are the most important things. I was planning on taking a train to Dusseldorf to meet him the third day. Is the train a good idea?
When we leave Dusseldorf, we will have a car and were thinking about traveling down to Cologne, then maybe the Rheingau region? After that, not sure where to go or what to do.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Santorini lodging
- 2 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 3 Italian lakes
- 4 Ronda Wine/biking
- 5 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 6 What do after Bernia Express?
- 7 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 8 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 9 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 10 Self drive tour companies
- 11 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 12 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 13 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 14 Ischia
- 15 9 days in London
- 16 Germany family road trip help!
- 17 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 20 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 21 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 22 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 23 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 24 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 25 Lyon