I will be going to Amsterdam for two nights, then meeting my husband in Dusseldorf. After he works for a few days, we are planning on traveling around Germany for several days.
I will be alone in Amsterdam. I am in my 50's and was in Amsterdam 25 years ago. I would like to stay in a safe, central location, close to museums and restaurants. I know Amsterdam is expensive, but safety and location are the most important things. I was planning on taking a train to Dusseldorf to meet him the third day. Is the train a good idea?
When we leave Dusseldorf, we will have a car and were thinking about traveling down to Cologne, then maybe the Rheingau region? After that, not sure where to go or what to do.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 2 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 3 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 4 London Theater
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 6 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 9 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 10 Greece mainland and islands
- 11 Lyon france-- rental car
- 12 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 13 Switzerland in September
- 14 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 15 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 16 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 17 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 18 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 19 milano trip
- 20 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 21 Milan and Lake Como
- 22 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 23 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 24 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 25 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip