I will be going to Amsterdam for two nights, then meeting my husband in Dusseldorf. After he works for a few days, we are planning on traveling around Germany for several days.
I will be alone in Amsterdam. I am in my 50's and was in Amsterdam 25 years ago. I would like to stay in a safe, central location, close to museums and restaurants. I know Amsterdam is expensive, but safety and location are the most important things. I was planning on taking a train to Dusseldorf to meet him the third day. Is the train a good idea?
When we leave Dusseldorf, we will have a car and were thinking about traveling down to Cologne, then maybe the Rheingau region? After that, not sure where to go or what to do.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Meteora for older folk
- 4 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 5 Versailles
- 6 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 7 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 8 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 9 driving from prague to salzburg
- 10 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 11 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 12 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 13 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 14 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 15 Germany train help!
- 16 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 17 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 18 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 19 Sicily
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 24 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 25 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary