I will be going to Amsterdam for two nights, then meeting my husband in Dusseldorf. After he works for a few days, we are planning on traveling around Germany for several days.
I will be alone in Amsterdam. I am in my 50's and was in Amsterdam 25 years ago. I would like to stay in a safe, central location, close to museums and restaurants. I know Amsterdam is expensive, but safety and location are the most important things. I was planning on taking a train to Dusseldorf to meet him the third day. Is the train a good idea?
When we leave Dusseldorf, we will have a car and were thinking about traveling down to Cologne, then maybe the Rheingau region? After that, not sure where to go or what to do.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 2 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 3 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 4 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 5 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 8 Belgium Itinerary
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 Can parking
- 11 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 14 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 15 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 16 Zurich to Milan trip
- 17 Electrical Power Conversion
- 18 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 21 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 22 italy Cinque Terre
- 23 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 24 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 25 Bruges