I will be going to Amsterdam for two nights, then meeting my husband in Dusseldorf. After he works for a few days, we are planning on traveling around Germany for several days.
I will be alone in Amsterdam. I am in my 50's and was in Amsterdam 25 years ago. I would like to stay in a safe, central location, close to museums and restaurants. I know Amsterdam is expensive, but safety and location are the most important things. I was planning on taking a train to Dusseldorf to meet him the third day. Is the train a good idea?
When we leave Dusseldorf, we will have a car and were thinking about traveling down to Cologne, then maybe the Rheingau region? After that, not sure where to go or what to do.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 11 Towersey, London
- 12 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 13 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Amalfi Coast help
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 18 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 19 Ireland in April
- 20 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 A few days outside Rome
- 24 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden