A friend and I (males, 30s) are going to Amsterdam in about a month and we are very interested in seeing a soccer match. We are from the states and would like to witness a 'real' soccer experience. We will be staying near the central train station in Amsterdam. There are two options that I'm interested in: 1) Feyenoord v NEC Nij. at De Kuip Stadion or 2) Ajax v Twente at Amsterdam ArenA. Both are about 30 min away (according to google maps) and are higher caliber teams. Ajax has a package that includes match tickets in section 113 for ~150 euro for 2 people. I haven't heard back from Feyenoord.
If anyone has been to either (or both) of these stadiums or seen these teams play, please share your experience/advice with me. Has anyone used the section 113 Ajax package? Is it easy to get to these stadiums via public transportation? I haven't been able to find much info other than the team websites. I'm hoping the experienced travelers here can share their stories.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Spain
- 2 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 3 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 4 Vigo Spain????
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 Getting around London
- 7 Train travel to and from Paris
- 8 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 9 Paris in August
- 10 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 13 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 14 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 15 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 16 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 17 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 18 Andalucia Spain
- 19 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 20 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 21 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 22 SURPRISE TRIP
- 23 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 24 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 25 Visiting Zurich