A friend and I (males, 30s) are going to Amsterdam in about a month and we are very interested in seeing a soccer match. We are from the states and would like to witness a 'real' soccer experience. We will be staying near the central train station in Amsterdam. There are two options that I'm interested in: 1) Feyenoord v NEC Nij. at De Kuip Stadion or 2) Ajax v Twente at Amsterdam ArenA. Both are about 30 min away (according to google maps) and are higher caliber teams. Ajax has a package that includes match tickets in section 113 for ~150 euro for 2 people. I haven't heard back from Feyenoord.
If anyone has been to either (or both) of these stadiums or seen these teams play, please share your experience/advice with me. Has anyone used the section 113 Ajax package? Is it easy to get to these stadiums via public transportation? I haven't been able to find much info other than the team websites. I'm hoping the experienced travelers here can share their stories.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Portofino -
- 2 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 3 3 Days in Paris.. what are the "must sees"?
- 4 12 Days in Italy
- 5 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 6 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 7 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 8 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 9 River Boat Cruise
- 10 student in denmark
- 11 Poland in September
- 12 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 13 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 14 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 15 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 16 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 17 Reflections on Revisiting Sicily
- 18 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 19 Pousadas in Portugal
- 20 San Sebastian or Bilbao?
- 21 Rome to Positano
- 22 Sachsenhausen?
- 23 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 24 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 25 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy