A friend and I (males, 30s) are going to Amsterdam in about a month and we are very interested in seeing a soccer match. We are from the states and would like to witness a 'real' soccer experience. We will be staying near the central train station in Amsterdam. There are two options that I'm interested in: 1) Feyenoord v NEC Nij. at De Kuip Stadion or 2) Ajax v Twente at Amsterdam ArenA. Both are about 30 min away (according to google maps) and are higher caliber teams. Ajax has a package that includes match tickets in section 113 for ~150 euro for 2 people. I haven't heard back from Feyenoord.
If anyone has been to either (or both) of these stadiums or seen these teams play, please share your experience/advice with me. Has anyone used the section 113 Ajax package? Is it easy to get to these stadiums via public transportation? I haven't been able to find much info other than the team websites. I'm hoping the experienced travelers here can share their stories.
Amsterdam - Futbol Match
- 1 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 2 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 3 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 4 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 5 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 6 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 7 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 8 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 9 East coast trains
- 10 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 11 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 12 Which tour company would be best?
- 13 First night after arriving in Milan
- 14 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 15 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 16 France by rail or car?
- 17 Planning my days in Paris
- 18 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 19 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 20 Otherchelebi and others in Istanbul
- 21 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 22 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 23 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 24 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 25 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati