My boyfriend and I are heading back to Europe next month (February). It's our first time in any of these cities.
We fly into Amsterdam going south to Den Haag and Brussels, then to Greenwich in South East London before heading back home to NYC. It's a 14 day trip and we plan to spend about 4 days in each city. Our budget is about €2,500. That's mostly spending money (e.g. food, transportation, site-seeing, shopping). That said, we are young, budget travelers. We'd rather save on accommodations and transportation and spend on experiences.
Most of our stay is booked and includes meals. We were looking for some tips on accommodations in Amsterdam and Brussels. Any tips on high-rated, centrally located inns or hostels?
Also, we love site-seeing and being tourists. But don't want to miss out on authentic or off-the-beaten-path experiences from a local's perspective. Any tips on "can't miss" activities and great tasting "cheap eats" in any of these cities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 2 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 3 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 4 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 5 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 10 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 11 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 He said , she said
- 14 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 15 Munich with a car?
- 16 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 19 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 23 tour guides in rome
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Hair Straightener for Europe!