My boyfriend and I are heading back to Europe next month (February). It's our first time in any of these cities.
We fly into Amsterdam going south to Den Haag and Brussels, then to Greenwich in South East London before heading back home to NYC. It's a 14 day trip and we plan to spend about 4 days in each city. Our budget is about €2,500. That's mostly spending money (e.g. food, transportation, site-seeing, shopping). That said, we are young, budget travelers. We'd rather save on accommodations and transportation and spend on experiences.
Most of our stay is booked and includes meals. We were looking for some tips on accommodations in Amsterdam and Brussels. Any tips on high-rated, centrally located inns or hostels?
Also, we love site-seeing and being tourists. But don't want to miss out on authentic or off-the-beaten-path experiences from a local's perspective. Any tips on "can't miss" activities and great tasting "cheap eats" in any of these cities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Madrid
- 2 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 3 What route for Reykjanes Peninsula?
- 4 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 5 London Hotel - Different Request
- 6 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 7 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 8 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 9 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 10 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 11 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 12 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 13 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 14 Trip to Switzerland
- 15 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 16 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 17 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 18 Rome hotel
- 19 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Seville to Cordoba
- 22 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 23 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 24 London 6 day itinerary
- 25 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip