My boyfriend and I are heading back to Europe next month (February). It's our first time in any of these cities.
We fly into Amsterdam going south to Den Haag and Brussels, then to Greenwich in South East London before heading back home to NYC. It's a 14 day trip and we plan to spend about 4 days in each city. Our budget is about €2,500. That's mostly spending money (e.g. food, transportation, site-seeing, shopping). That said, we are young, budget travelers. We'd rather save on accommodations and transportation and spend on experiences.
Most of our stay is booked and includes meals. We were looking for some tips on accommodations in Amsterdam and Brussels. Any tips on high-rated, centrally located inns or hostels?
Also, we love site-seeing and being tourists. But don't want to miss out on authentic or off-the-beaten-path experiences from a local's perspective. Any tips on "can't miss" activities and great tasting "cheap eats" in any of these cities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 2 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 3 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 4 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 5 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 Trains in Alps and UK
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 CDG airport and connection time
- 10 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 11 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 12 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 13 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 14 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 15 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 16 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 17 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 22 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 25 days and times when museums and suchlike close