My boyfriend and I are heading back to Europe next month (February). It's our first time in any of these cities.
We fly into Amsterdam going south to Den Haag and Brussels, then to Greenwich in South East London before heading back home to NYC. It's a 14 day trip and we plan to spend about 4 days in each city. Our budget is about €2,500. That's mostly spending money (e.g. food, transportation, site-seeing, shopping). That said, we are young, budget travelers. We'd rather save on accommodations and transportation and spend on experiences.
Most of our stay is booked and includes meals. We were looking for some tips on accommodations in Amsterdam and Brussels. Any tips on high-rated, centrally located inns or hostels?
Also, we love site-seeing and being tourists. But don't want to miss out on authentic or off-the-beaten-path experiences from a local's perspective. Any tips on "can't miss" activities and great tasting "cheap eats" in any of these cities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Too Much Cows"
- 2 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 3 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 4 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 5 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 6 Thinking about the Fjords
- 7 Athens Help
- 8 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 9 Rome to Venice
- 10 Alitala
- 11 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 12 Bordeaux to Nice
- 13 Whathello Paris
- 14 Trains in Italy
- 15 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 16 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 17 One free day in Barcelona
- 18 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 19 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 20 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 21 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 22 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 23 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 24 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21