My boyfriend and I are heading back to Europe next month (February). It's our first time in any of these cities.
We fly into Amsterdam going south to Den Haag and Brussels, then to Greenwich in South East London before heading back home to NYC. It's a 14 day trip and we plan to spend about 4 days in each city. Our budget is about €2,500. That's mostly spending money (e.g. food, transportation, site-seeing, shopping). That said, we are young, budget travelers. We'd rather save on accommodations and transportation and spend on experiences.
Most of our stay is booked and includes meals. We were looking for some tips on accommodations in Amsterdam and Brussels. Any tips on high-rated, centrally located inns or hostels?
Also, we love site-seeing and being tourists. But don't want to miss out on authentic or off-the-beaten-path experiences from a local's perspective. Any tips on "can't miss" activities and great tasting "cheap eats" in any of these cities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 2 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 3 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 4 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 5 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 6 We're here!
- 7 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 10 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Info about Poland
- 13 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 15 Barcelona question
- 16 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 17 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 18 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 21 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 22 Interesting places to visit
- 23 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 24 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 25 Advice on Berlin hotels