Starting to plan a trip to these areas and would appreciate your input.
Amsterdam because Van Gogh is my favorite and the museum is at the top of the bucket list. Also everyone I know who has visited Amsterdam has loved it. Planning about 4 days to see the city, major museums, Fresia (spelling?) as a horse lover.
Originally planned to train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt or Cologne to pick up a rental car and leisurely visit the Mosel valley, a bit of Bavaria and fly home from Munich.
Now a home exchange opportunity has come up for August in a suburb of Strasbourg, Bernardsiller. It looks fairly close to the German wine areas. Has anyone visited here and what was your impression? It doesn't seem like very many people visit the Alcace, but that just may be my ignorance, as France is not high on my list. I know much more about Italy......
My trip would be about 16 days on the ground. Enough for the rough plan?
Thanks in advance for you comments!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 2 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 3 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 4 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 5 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 6 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 7 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 8 YIKES!
- 9 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 10 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 11 Final Four
- 12 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 13 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 14 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 15 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 16 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 17 Cash machines ATM
- 18 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
- 19 Turin, Bologna or Genoa
- 20 Charming areas to explore in London
- 21 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 22 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 23 Getting around Lisbon
- 24 May get together in Paris
- 25 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid