Starting to plan a trip to these areas and would appreciate your input.
Amsterdam because Van Gogh is my favorite and the museum is at the top of the bucket list. Also everyone I know who has visited Amsterdam has loved it. Planning about 4 days to see the city, major museums, Fresia (spelling?) as a horse lover.
Originally planned to train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt or Cologne to pick up a rental car and leisurely visit the Mosel valley, a bit of Bavaria and fly home from Munich.
Now a home exchange opportunity has come up for August in a suburb of Strasbourg, Bernardsiller. It looks fairly close to the German wine areas. Has anyone visited here and what was your impression? It doesn't seem like very many people visit the Alcace, but that just may be my ignorance, as France is not high on my list. I know much more about Italy......
My trip would be about 16 days on the ground. Enough for the rough plan?
Thanks in advance for you comments!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 want to come to Sweden Harnosand.
- 2 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 3 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 4 K-Day
- 5 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 6 Spain in December
- 7 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 8 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 9 Lay over time
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 16 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 17 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 18 Flat in London
- 19 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 20 Help required with Itinerary
- 21 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 22 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 23 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 24 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 25 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?