Starting to plan a trip to these areas and would appreciate your input.
Amsterdam because Van Gogh is my favorite and the museum is at the top of the bucket list. Also everyone I know who has visited Amsterdam has loved it. Planning about 4 days to see the city, major museums, Fresia (spelling?) as a horse lover.
Originally planned to train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt or Cologne to pick up a rental car and leisurely visit the Mosel valley, a bit of Bavaria and fly home from Munich.
Now a home exchange opportunity has come up for August in a suburb of Strasbourg, Bernardsiller. It looks fairly close to the German wine areas. Has anyone visited here and what was your impression? It doesn't seem like very many people visit the Alcace, but that just may be my ignorance, as France is not high on my list. I know much more about Italy......
My trip would be about 16 days on the ground. Enough for the rough plan?
Thanks in advance for you comments!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Italy travel plan help
- 3 Globus Iberian Tour
- 4 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 5 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 6 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 7 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 Thinking about the Fjords
- 10 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 11 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 12 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 13 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 14 road trip through scotland
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 17 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 18 Poland to Austria In December
- 19 Tracking the Weather
- 20 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 21 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 22 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 23 base for Andalucia
- 24 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 25 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days